• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do hope that we haven't heard the last of this Jenkins fellow... Here's someone who would have done exactly what the party needed; incorporate both Yellow and Orange Liberals to create something unique and a for of liberalism that could appeal to all. I'm quite worried that without a broad focus, Thorpe will doom the party to irrelevance. With luck, though, he will be able to pull it off.

At least we've managed to cut out the root of the problem and can come back strong in the next election. Let's hope Powell doesn't destroy the country while we wait.

I really do hope that we haven't heard the last of this Jenkins fellow... Here's someone who would have done exactly what the party needed;

Indeed. It's a rather good thing he failed then. :)

I feel much more comfortable in labor right now :cool:

Come back to Liberalism :(

Exactly.

I wonder, with new, extremely Yellow leadership in Liberal Party, will we get SDP in the next elections?

If you mean the Orangeist splitting from Liberal; I hope so :)

I wonder, with new, extremely Yellow leadership in Liberal Party, will we get SDP in the next elections?

Guys, it's not even the fricking seventies yet and you're talking about splits. The Labour Party is infinitely more stable than it was in OTL, so there's little chance of a Labour split. The Liberals are way more fracticious, yes, but unless Thorpe makes a conscious decision to emulate his predecessor from the get go (which would be an incredibly idiotic thing to do - not even Antonine can be that stupid) then there would be absolutely no reason for the Orangists to split from the Liberals before the next election.

The ideal time for a split was last election, when Grimond was oppressing the hell out of them Oranges - the fact that they didn't split says an awful lot about the Orange factions willingness to take abuse from their masters. A split in time for the next election just doesn't make any sense.

Come back to Liberalism :(

If you mean the Orangeist splitting from Liberal; I hope so :)

Every person trying to leave Labour for Liberal Party will be fed to zombie Bevan. Thus spoke High Necromancer Gaitskell.

SDP

Guys, it's not even the fricking seventies yet and you're talking about splits. The Labour Party is infinitely more stable than it was in OTL, so there's little chance of a Labour split. The Liberals are way more fracticious, yes, but unless Thorpe makes a conscious decision to emulate his predecessor from the get go (which would be an incredibly idiotic thing to do - not even Antonine can be that stupid) then there would be absolutely no reason for the Orangists to split from the Liberals before the next election.

The ideal time for a split was last election, when Grimond was oppressing the hell out of them Oranges - the fact that they didn't split says an awful lot about the Orange factions willingness to take abuse from their masters. A split in time for the next election just doesn't make any sense.

I didn't mention any Labour split, I was just wondering about leftist Liberals. But you make a fine point.

Last edited:
Quiet you.

If the SDP split off from the Liberals will they merge with Labour to form the Labour Democrats? :p

They should call themselves the Social Democratic and Labour Party and contest seats in NI. :p

For this 'fanfic' idea I want to do something like Cheers. We could perhaps after every election & update cut to a pub in London with all of the IAAR cast. So one corner of the bar would have the angry raving Communists, the alley outside could have a drunk named Enewald who rants about how Aliens are taking over his property rights, etc. It would be a funny little side-story away from the seriousness of Tommy's updates and the elections. Any opinions?

I take pride in people wanting to bully me. After all, if they cannot properly criticize my opinions by proving them wrong, ergo they can only resort to emotional combat in the form of trying to mock me. :)
All the negative attention simply confirms how right my cause is. :p

Sound fun :) Just not so much bullying on Enewald, it isn't nice to do that to people.

I was kidding about the Enewald bit. I just had to get out my quota for saying Enewald is crazy today.

I take pride in people wanting to bully me. After all, if they cannot properly criticize my opinions by proving them wrong, ergo they can only resort to emotional combat in the form of trying to mock me. :)
All the negative attention simply confirms how right my cause is. :p

You keep telling yourself that Enewald. It's okay, though, we all still love you.

For this 'fanfic' idea I want to do something like Cheers. We could perhaps after every election & update cut to a pub in London with all of the IAAR cast. So one corner of the bar would have the angry raving Communists, the alley outside could have a drunk named Enewald who rants about how Aliens are taking over his property rights, etc. It would be a funny little side-story away from the seriousness of Tommy's updates and the elections. Any opinions?
((Love it. Also, should I look into binge-watching this "Cheers"? Is it any good?))

This page should be read by everyone here in very fine detail. The latter two headings are especially apposite, I feel.

I had wanted to do a sort of That Was the Week That Was update after each election in the sixties, but it never really happened, sadly. There's still time, I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.