• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How? Keynesianism is about spending more, borrowing more and cutting in taxes during bad times and taxing more and spending less during good times.

That I have not said anything against. It is still important issues to adress to. As we need to have the same rights and liberties for everyone. Even the miniority and the weakest.

Think about what you just said, and think about how the semblance of that comment would be applied in an economic context. :p

Think about what you just said, and think about how the semblance of that comment would be applied in an economic context. :p

A Keynesian might be in favour of no welfare state at all and a completely unregulated market. And where have I said for example that I am opposed to a welfare state? Never. So you are making false assumptions.

Now I feel like a idiot, but what does "reign in" mean? Does that mean that Heath and Maggie alliance replaced Powell supporters, or that they are mearly contesting him and we will see another faction struggle in Conservative Party?

I think it's rein rather than reign, reins are equipment used to control horses so to rein someone in means to keep them under control.

Now I feel like a idiot, but what does "reign in" mean? Does that mean that Heath and Maggie alliance replaced Powell supporters, or that they are mearly contesting him and we will see another faction struggle in Conservative Party?

"To rein in", as it should be spelled (sorry Tommy. :)) is to try and keep close control of something. For example: Callaghan aimed to rein in military spending. :)

Fixed the rein error as well :p

I think it's rein rather than reign, reins are equipment used to control horses so to rein someone in means to keep them under control.

"To rein in", as it should be spelled (sorry Tommy. :)) is to try and keep close control of something. For example: Callaghan aimed to rein in military spending. :)

Thanks! So does that mean that ON-NatLib alliance will just enforce less radical course for Conservative Party but Powell will retain leadership?

Thanks! So does that mean that ON-NatLib alliance will just enforce less radical course for Conservative Party but Powell will retain leadership?

As far as I can tell, things are heating up for another factional struggle – although Powell may just abdicate voluntarily and give Heath the leadership, considering how abysmal his tenure has been thus far.

Interesting election results, can't wait until the next update.

This, for now.

As far as I can tell, things are heating up for another factional struggle – although Powell may just abdicate voluntarily and give Heath the leadership, considering how abysmal his tenure has been thus far.

He's only been the leader for a few weeks! :p

Interesting that the Conservative party is the biggest with the second least seats, and the Labour are the smallest with the second most seats. Huzzah for democracy! :D

He actually performed pretty well then, all things considered. It's not Powell's fault that the Enewaldites don't like him.

Interesting that the Conservative party is the biggest with the second least seats, and the Labour are the smallest with the second most seats. Huzzah for democracy! :D

Seats and votes are two different things. :)

Seats and votes are two different things. :)

I know. Why the British election system is so undemocratic as it do not reflect the voters and the people ;) But I know this issue is a lost case.

I know. Why the British election system is so undemocratic as it do not reflect the voters and the people ;)

Yes, let us elect voters who will then vote for the rest of us like what some Liberals want to do with the Lords. Much more democratic. :rolleyes:

I know. Why the British election system is so undemocratic as it do not reflect the voters and the people ;)

It does reflect the voters, have a look at the election update conclusion. In Monmoth, Donald Anderson got more votes than any other candidate and won. In East Fife, more voters wanted Sid French to be MP than any other candidate and Sid French won. Can't get more democratic than that! :p

This, for now.

Thanks for clarification. Now this could be a very good thing for Conservative Party. Powell is a charismatic person, and, after all, he decisively won faction struggle - plus it would be a great story if he would manage to win next elections after being screwed by the Destiny now. His policies need to be changed a little though, so that Conservative Party will be electable for NatLib voters and One Nationist. Not so keen about prospect of another faction struggle though, I really want to eventually see Maggie in charge.

And, after her, Francis Urquhart.

Yes, let us elect voters who will then vote for the rest of us like what some Liberals want to do with the Lords. Much more democratic. :rolleyes:

No I would like the seats to represent the number of votes they have gotten. It isn't exaxtly democratic when the party with the most votes are the second least represented in the parliament (which is meant to reflect the people) an the smallest party are the second most represented, when they should have something like 7% of the seats just because they entered an alliance with a party. But I know it is a lost case, and see no reason to debate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.