• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Powell, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the first part of the Commons, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

What have you done, voters? :eek:.

Don't worry ;) The rightigst won't usurp the entire party, and they can't form a majority government on their own :) Not even with the UUP and National Liberals.

Swell update, let us see how this government performs with the challenges ahead.
But I voted for the conservatives so that it would collapse :p

But I voted for the conservatives so that it would collapse :p
Hey, the collapse is almost certain with Macmillan as the PM, there's no way he can keep all the factions in line.
You won.
There's no civil war(yet), but you helped to take a big step towards it.

Last edited:
I assume the Rightists are going to create a government collapse at some point, since that's what happened when Radical Labour won the election and the Moderates stayed in power.

Also, Yellow Liberals, good job giving the government over to the Tories! This is why I vote Liberal; because I hate successful policy initiatives and also, you know, principles.

I assume the Rightists are going to create a government collapse at some point, since that's what happened when Radical Labour won the election and the Moderates stayed in power.

Also, Yellow Liberals, good job giving the government over to the Tories! This is why I vote Liberal; because I hate successful policy initiatives and also, you know, principles.

Sadly, people didn't vote for a minority Liberal government.

Think it would be weird if the voters voted to get minirioty governments. Everyone want their party (and/or allies) to gain a majority on their own.

Think it would be weird if the voters voted to get minirioty governments. Everyone want their party (and/or allies) to gain a majority on their own.

My point exactly.

Don't blame us Liberals! Blame the bloody voters!

They're the idiots who voted for this.

We had a choice: either make a Faustian pact with the Communists in order to cling to power when our government was rejected by the people or permit the largest party to form a minority government and use our strength in the Commons force it not too lurch to extremes.

And when of course the whole house of cards that is the current coalition of the right comes tumbling down then it will be the Liberals who remain ideally placed to provide the only sane choice for Britain.

Everyone who votes CPGB needs to stop dicking around and start some entryist fun. As it is they're crippling the left.

I would think Macmillan is currently PM because he, y'know, led his party to it's greatest electoral showing since 1935. Despite the *vast* majority of his party not being of his faction, the fact that a Conservative sits in #10 keeps the Rightists in line, in their hope to gain something from the upcoming government which is nominally led by their party. When they inevitably fail to get what they want due to political constraints, they rise against Macmillan; I don't envy his position. First divisive point: Kuwait!
Lucky for Grimmond, he refused the poison apple of leadership this election.
Dammit, if I voted CPGB they might've crossed the 15% threshold D: I regret nothing.
In good news however, the Westminster System remains as is. Good, because I would've found "The PR system" to be an awkward AAR title :p

Everyone who votes CPGB needs to stop dicking around and start some entryist fun. As it is they're crippling the left.

It's been that way since 1948 - either the Communists are as thick as two planks or they like seeing right-wing governments get elected.

Or maybe you should vote CPGB or maybe your labour voters should call for a electorial pact.

As a One Nation supporter I hope all us Tories can all put our differences aside and keep the United Kingdom great.

Better Powell than those Pansy Liberals:laugh:

You lot are closer to us than you are to Powell. You shall soon see the error of your ways ;).

I'd be a Rightist, but they believe too much in laissez-faire Capitalism for me to be comfortable with them. They don't have a strong sense of noblesse oblige.

Or maybe you should vote CPGB or maybe your labour voters should call for a electorial pact.

Yeah, because it worked so well last time.

I'd be a Rightist, but they believe too much in laissez-faire Capitalism for me to be comfortable with them. They don't have a strong sense of noblesse oblige.

That depends on which right we're talking about.

Are you sure Powell didn't pay you to say that? ;)

On a side note, I admit this term is fairly disappointing, but two good things have come of it:

1. We can bring down the government at any time should it not go our way.

2. At least that horrid Powell is not PM.

And I must appeal to sensible CPGB voters (I know you exist :p) to vote Labour. I would love to see a Lib-Lab government, but it will never happen if the Communists keep taking so many Labour votes!

Stop taking away CPGB votes with your Labour votes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.