• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;j4Py3XeMCvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Py3XeMCvo[/video]

VOTE CPGB FOR WORKING CLASS VICTORY!

By which you mean... a hung parliament and chaos, yes?

Edit: Updated my last poll to reflect the vote.

Last edited:
Long live the Working Glass!

WorkingGlass14ozS10-500x464.jpg

[video=youtube;gudJgbvBnmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudJgbvBnmo[/video]

I prefer this.

I prefer:

[video=youtube;LbWpb1fnT1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWpb1fnT1A[/video]

Those lyrics look like they were written by Master Yoda. I like them, though.

(Re: Varshavianka)

That tends to be what happens with a literal translation of lyrics in another language :p

The votes for the National Liberals and Liberals have resulted in the Tories dropping below 35% again

Told you guys voting for a dead party was a bad idea...

Told you guys voting for a dead party was a bad idea...

oh mai god people voting for different parties with different ideologies, WHAT IS TIS WICKED DEMOCRACY
this was supposed to be a clean two party system with no fringe groups allowed!
minorities go away, stop ruining our two party system zomg!

help me, democracy is oppressing my beliefs! :p

Well, he does have something of a point. If that Nat Lib vote had gone to the Tories, they would have remained above 35%, only dropping beneath it with this most recent Communist vote. As such, the Tories would have a majority, and being that most of them are Righists, the Nat Lib principles would be largely in place. Similarly, the continued Liberal votes have damned the potential of a Lib-Lab coalition, as Labour continues to fall away from 15%, and with that, the loss of some 40 or so seats for the coalition... But, oh well.

Well, he does have something of a point. If that Nat Lib vote had gone to the Tories, they would have remained above 35%, only dropping beneath it with this most recent Communist vote. As such, the Tories would have a majority, and being that most of them are Righists, the Nat Lib principles would be largely in place. Similarly, the continued Liberal votes have damned the potential of a Lib-Lab coalition, as Labour continues to fall away from 15%, and with that, the loss of some 40 or so seats for the coalition... But, oh well.

the merits of Westminster system... :rolleyes:
Imagine if we had a total first past the post, with the winning party getting all the power, minorities can bugger off? :p

People shouldn't, and do not vote in reality trying to figure out which second best choice might maximize their utility, instead they vote for the party or person that represents the voter best. That is the whole idea of representative democracy, to vote for a candidate who suits your political views best, (or who promises you the best deal).

Vote according to your conscience, not by waiting 7 days and then placing your vote strategically to cause greatest possible shift in division of seats. :p

Yes, but in this case we're voting based on party, not on candidates. This is more the fault of the system than anything dealing with a real life FPTP system, this is just a way to approximate results of a FPTP system.

Of course the way it worked in real life ensured the demise of the Liberals as an effective force, something that clearly isn't the case here.

I'd rather see a Labour strong at the expense of the CPGB. The only thing stopping such an eventuality is the fact that these forums seem to have the highest concentration of communists per capita outside of the USSR. :D

Pure ideological hipsterism of course.:rofl:

oh mai god people voting for different parties with different ideologies, WHAT IS TIS WICKED DEMOCRACY
this was supposed to be a clean two party system with no fringe groups allowed!
minorities go away, stop ruining our two party system zomg!

help me, democracy is oppressing my beliefs! :p

Marxism Delenda Est.

That is a great song. Still relevant today. Sounds like he is singing about Obama. :D (especially from 1:10 on)

Well it does sound like things the Tea Party says today.

Yey for hung parliament, instability and violence.

((yay - fluttershy))

I hope the CPGB develops a armed wing...

Status
Not open for further replies.