• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems my advice was ignored about which party to vote for to break the Tory primacy. Amusing, given your listed ideology in your signature :p Oh well, at the very least we have a hung parliament again, with the Tories cast just below 35%

I fancied a change. Really with the conservatives ruled out, I decided my vote on how they were dealing with the gulf crisis mainly. I preferred the Liberals way than faffing about at the UN. Surely the SU would veto anything about the war, so it would be a waste of time.

Anybody who votes Tories will have a solid chance of making it to the throne of the Empire of Cayman Islands or any other little and very distant island empire that the ever-glorious Caesaropope certainly shall form when He comes to power.

Anybody who votes Tories will have a solid chance of making it to the throne of the Empire of Cayman Islands or any other little and very distant island empire that the ever-glorious Caesaropope certainly shall form when He comes to power.

You mean they're all tax dodgers? :D

Last edited:
Question: what's happened to the League of Empire Loyalists in this timeline? They're overdue for an appearance and I think Mr Caeasarpope would be just the man to lead them.

((I knew it! I fecking KNEW there was a neo-nazi group with that name hidden somewhere! Thanks.))

((That's British politics for you - we recycle names like nobody's business. In fact, there's a fascist National Liberal party right now :p ))

Question: what's happened to the League of Empire Loyalists in this timeline? They're overdue for an appearance and I think Mr Caeasarpope would be just the man to lead them.
Ummm, I would imagine them all being Powellites at this point in time. I mean... Right?

Ummm, I would imagine them all being Powellites at this point in time. I mean... Right?

"They were well known for various stunts at Conservative Party meetings and conferences (acting as a constant irritant to the party). These stunts included hiding underneath the speaker platform overnight to emerge during the conference in order to put across their points. At the 1958 party Conference in Blackpool, George Irvine Finlay (who became Director of Organisation for the Scottish Conservatives) was involved in forcibly removing members of the League of Empire Loyalists. The widespread media coverage resulted in his being sued for assault; not only was he acquitted but costs were awarded against the prosecution.[7] That same year the League secured further publicity when members launched an "invasion" of the Lambeth Conference of the Anglican Communion.[6]

Another incident saw LEL member Austen Brooks manage to gain access to a lunch for U Thant by impersonating Makarios III, both men being heavily bearded, before revealing his charade and shouting LEL slogans.[4] Sir Anthony Eden was also a target and when he shook hands with Nikita Khrushchev and Nikolai Bulganin as they arrived at Victoria Station in 1956 LEL members were on hand to yell at Eden that he had just shaken hands with murderers.[8] In November 1961 Wing-Commander Leonard Young gained further notoriety for the LEL when he threw a bag of sheep guts at President of Kenya Jomo Kenyata.[9] The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament was also a target with speakers at its inaugural rally in Central Hall, Westminster, on 17 February 1958 being heckled, in particular Michael Foot."

Historically it was a pressure group on the right of British politics so it would certainly be Powellite but much more extreme than Powell himself. So I'd have thought that, with the stunts, would put it right up your alley :p

"Although sometimes labelled fascist according to historian Roger Eatwell: "Most of its 2000-3000 active members were Colonel Blimpish rather than fascist: in fact many of its members saw it as a Conservative ginger group... an attempt to keep the Conservatives true to the Imperial way.""

Sound like anyone we know? ;)

"Wizard of economics" is the correct term, I believe. Coincidentally, "Wizard of economics" is also an additional honorary title you shall receive if you vote Tory in next 10 minutes. VOTE NOW!

I should have waited to vote :), however I voted for the wrong faction anyways. The Rightists are too free market for me though.

Just did the math, and... apparently a Nat Lib vote is actually less useless than I thought. With the current vote, the Tories + Nat Libs + UUP sit around 313 seats.

Historically it was a pressure group on the right of British politics so it would certainly be Powellite but much more extreme than Powell himself. So I'd have thought that, with the stunts, would put it right up your alley :p
Phahaha, then they are either KingHigh's neofeudalists or torn between paperhatists and Caesaropapists.
((...And, well, Powell has brought together all kinds of far-right maggots with VERY different backrounds, it might not mean they are Powellites by the IRL term, but Powellites as "men who somewhat agree with ol' Enoch more than with anybody else right now".))

I should have waited to vote :), however I voted for the wrong faction anyways. The Rightists are too free market for me though.
Eh, you did your job, kid. One Nationists are still Tories and we benefit from their votes, too.

"Although sometimes labelled fascist according to historian Roger Eatwell: "Most of its 2000-3000 active members were Colonel Blimpish rather than fascist: in fact many of its members saw it as a Conservative ginger group... an attempt to keep the Conservatives true to the Imperial way.""

Sound like anyone we know? ;)
((Well, then. It seems my character is more historically accurate than I had thought.))

Last edited:
Phahaha, then they are either KingHigh's neofeudalists or torn between paperhatists and Caesaropapists.
((...And, well, Powell has brought together all kinds of far-right maggots with VERY different backrounds, it might not mean they are Powellites by the IRL term, but Powellites as "men who somewhat agree with ol' Enoch more than with anybody else right now".))

Eh, you did your job, kid. One Nationists are still Tories and we benefit from their votes, too.

((Well, then. Seems my character is more historically accurate than I had thought.))

((I can safely say that there are still some real life examples of your character in existence in the UK today. Admittedly they're mostly retired and hang around in British Legion clubs nowadays but they can be found if you're prepared to go looking ))

((I can safely say that there are still some real life examples of your character in existence in the UK today. Admittedly they're mostly retired and hang around in British Legion clubs nowadays but they can be found if you're prepared to go looking ))
((Well, they probably aren't timetravelling sociopaths who have at least once in their life declared themselves Godemperors, though. ...Or led a cavalry charge on Reichstag.))

2qs1ksx_zps2d66d815.jpg

Blood. Rivers. Vote for me.​

((God. I just realized that the facial features that I have created for dom Contavarius are actually nonintentionally very close to those of Powell.
comparison_zps51f39365.jpg
SEE? Almost identical, minus the amazing beard of course.
Ergh, I should just probably just go to sleep, it's 1:51 here.))

Last edited:
((Well, they probably aren't timetravelling sociopaths who have at least once in their life declared themselves Godemperors, though. ...Or led a cavalry charge on Reichstag.))

2qs1ksx_zps2d66d815.jpg

Blood. Rivers. Vote for me.​

((God. I just realized that the facial features that I have created for dom Contavarius are actually nonintentionally very close to those of Powell.
comparison_zps51f39365.jpg
SEE? Almost identical, minus the amazing beard of course.
Ergh, I should just probably just go to sleep, it's 1:51 here.))

First stages of insanity, noted.

We may be witnessing the end of the Nat Libs with their 8 or less seats. The One Nation faction will have in the mid 50 seat range at least (15% of Tory seats) and be much more important in the next parliament.

We may be witnessing the end of the Nat Libs with their 8 or less seats. The One Nation faction will have in the mid 50 seat range at least (15% of Tory seats) and be much more important in the next parliament.

There's always a silver lining :)

With a little over a day before the election closes, time for an official poll!

Total Vote: 58

Con R: 17
Lib O: 13
Labour: 8
CPGB: 7
Lib O: 5
Nat Lib: 5
Con ON: 3

YES: 22
NO: 31

Tory: 34.5%
Liberal: 31%
Labour: 13.8%
CPGB: 12.1%
Nat Lib: 8.6%

Seats:
Tories: 292
Liberals: 263
Labour: 29
CPGB: 25
UUP: 12
Nat Libs: 9

As it stands, we would have a totally hung parliament with those pesky Communist MPs making any coalition unworkable - meaning that we would probably see a Tory minority government requiring cooperation with the Liberals. That would of course require One Nationist leaning policies that would be at odds with the great majority of the party making such a government incredibly unstable. Incidentally the Tories - supported in parliament by UUP and Nat Lib MPs - would fall just 3 short of a majority.

We are very close to a couple thresholds. The Tories can regain the majority with one more vote - which would take them back over 35% where they have spent most of this election. Another Labour vote would see a potential Liberal-Labour coalition go painfully close to a majority (they may even achieve it, I have not done the exact figures). Two votes for Labour or two for the Liberals without reply would secure a Lib-Lab majority.

At this stage we have a number of likely possibilities.

In the referendum the NO vote has taken a clear lead and avoiding a raft of new votes falling almost entirely for YES it looks likely the Westminster System will be preserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.