• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, having done some reading on the subject over the course of the day, I think I can now say I'm au fait with it. :p

It is rather simple to grasp, I must say. :)

Seeing how many yellows liberals there seem to be is anyone else leaning towards orange.

I'm amazed people are able to be so sure about the whole thing before any manifestos have been released, I must say.

Oh I know :eek:o I refuse to make such a decision before the manifestos are out! But I'll admit I'm afraid of them being shut out!

Considering there are currently 21 members of the Liberal party, I'm pretty certain that the fact a handful have declared for yellow doesn't spell the end for Callaghan &co. :)

Yeah, probably voting Orange this turn.

What does this make the National Liberals I wonder? the Whites?

I kind of got the impression that merger was afoot.

Tsk tsk, Ba'athists in Iraq invading Kuwait? An outstanding turn of events. Is there any chance Britain experimented with Air Cavalry divisions during the Suez Crisis? I've seen such wonderful demonstrations by the Yankee pigs in Indonesia, assuredly we can't let them have all the fun. The Iraqis don't even have jungle to hide in!
((Great update Tommy, don't lack confidence in your writing ability; I imagine it can be hard making a pacifist government seem fun in what is ostensibly a wargame XD
Also, muh national CPGB faction. If only we were a large, unwieldy party too))

Sweet update. Definitely looking forward to the elections particularly to see which factions end up top dog in both the Liberal Party and Tories. For Liberals, it's whichever gets rid of the yield sign first.

I agree, very good update. Hopefully Orange and Yellow can stay united and lead the UK and it's devoluted bodies to a wondrous new world order

Tsk tsk, Ba'athists in Iraq invading Kuwait? An outstanding turn of events. Is there any chance Britain experimented with Air Cavalry divisions during the Suez Crisis? I've seen such wonderful demonstrations by the Yankee pigs in Indonesia, assuredly we can't let them have all the fun. The Iraqis don't even have jungle to hide in!

Too bad we have a pacifist govenment. Othewise we could have used super carriers loaded with state of the art jet fighters bombing the commie Iraqis back to the stoneage. Then followed up by air calvarly and marines to secure Kuwait. It would have secured peace much faster and had low British and civillian casualties. But now we end up ironically with a prolonged war and high numbers of civillian casualties due to a pacifist government.

Too bad we have a pacifist govenment. Othewise we could have used super carriers loaded with state of the art jet fighters bombing the commie Iraqis back to the stoneage. Then followed up by air calvarly and marines to secure Kuwait. It would have secured peace much faster and had low British and civillian casualties. But now we end up ironically with a prolonged war and high numbers of civillian casualties due to a pacifist government.

I feel you are far too willing to send men to die at times, why should we get sucked into another Indonesia ....

I feel you are far too willing to send men to die at times, why should we get sucked into another Indonesia ....

To protect Kuwait from oppression? It is a difference between sending fighterbombers to bomb invading armies, and send forces as peacekeepers and protect the country than invading one and occupying it.

To protect Kuwait from oppression? It is a difference between sending fighterbombers to bomb invading armies, and send forces as peacekeepers and protect the country than invading one and occupying it.

They were already oppressed by the sheiks so what difference does it make if it's tyrant has red paint or not?

It seems it would not matter much for the people of Kuwait...

Unless of course we actually give a shit about the people of the middle east and undermine all these petty lords... with a responsible democratic counterpart.

Pan arabism doesn't have to an enemy if we didn't represent a terrible status quo.

Perhaps we could call in our favors from Korea and get America to send her supercarriers to the Persian gulf! It's not too late to liquidate the Ba'ath menace!
Methinks our government would much prefer to send more diplomatic insults. Or rely on the *almighty* United Nations for some silly half-hearted measures... worldwide embargo, perhaps? Ineffective in any case, i'm sure.

Perhaps we could call in our favors from Korea and get America to send her supercarriers to the Persian gulf! It's not too late to liquidate the Ba'ath menace!
Methinks our government would much prefer to send more diplomatic insults. Or rely on the *almighty* United Nations for some silly half-hearted measures... worldwide embargo, perhaps? Ineffective in any case, i'm sure.

I know right Invade everyone we don't like but only if their red! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness we can't act as the muscle for petty lords and expect to actually begin to fix anything, unilateral action on our part is undesirable and untenable.

My current dilemma is thus: a lot of our party's support comes from the disaffected Labour supporters, and the supremacy of the Orange faction would but them in the lead. But an Orange victory would lead us too far to the left! Ideology vs power... which to choose, which to choose... :p.

My current dilemma is thus: a lot of our party's support comes from the disaffected Labour supporters, and the supremacy of the Orange faction would but them in the lead. But an Orange victory would lead us too far to the left! Ideology vs power... which to choose, which to choose... :p.

Oh I don't think you'll have to worry about orange victory... But I want them to have a place at the table.

They were already oppressed by the sheiks so what difference does it make if it's tyrant has red paint or not?

It seems it would not matter much for the people of Kuwait...

Unless of course we actually give a shit about the people of the middle east and undermine all these petty lords... with a responsible democratic counterpart.

Pan arabism doesn't have to an enemy if we didn't represent a terrible status quo.

I guess the people of Kuwait would like to stay independent. If they are occupied it might de-stabalize the entire region. Also we have a lotmof influence in there and can steer them into a democratic path. They might even join the Commonwealth considering they were a mandate under Britain.

And we would only defend Kuwait from invasion. We'll send out a message to the world that unlawful aggression is not something that should be done lightly.

That will only make us more under US influence and we will be looked upon as a resourceless natin who are a mere puppet of USA. Also if USA do it, the influence will go away from UK to USA and they might end up getting Kuwait under their influence. And currently it seem like USA is bogged down in Indonesia.

But I agree on that we should adress it to the UN. To pressure Iraq to withdraw from Kuwait and end their hostilities and give them an ultimatum; withdraw or face the consequences. Nevertheless the UN have stated that each nation is sovereign. So Iraq have already broken a UN law. We would merely be protecting Kuwait from aggrssion. It would of course been a lot easier if we had state of the art fighters and fighter-bombers. That would mean a quickmvictory by bombing the Iraqi invasion forces and supply lines. A quicker war with fewer British casualties and fewer civillian casualties. And if we had a modern military, don't you think Iraq would then think twice about attacking a nation under the pritection of UK?

And what kind of message do it send out if the free world allows unlawful and unprovoked aggression? No country have been outright annexed since WWII! We need to keep it like that, for peace,stability and the international community.

Status
Not open for further replies.