• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK will never be in a free trade bloc with the USA and Canada already has a free trade treaty with the USA. If the CEA comes into being then there is no reason why the UK cannot agree a free trade deal with the European Common Market in addition to being the engine of the CEA.

Not so certain USA and Canada are in a free-trade zone :)

I would of course like Britain to be in both zones. However it is not always so certain if se can get everything we want. I'm just airing some possible difficulities, for all we know EEC won't accept us if we're planning a Commonwealth Economical Area. And they can accept us even if we are a part of it.

But if we could only choose one, which would you like? And I never expected you guys to actually take my idea of a Commonwealth Union serious ^-^

But if we could only choose one, which would you like? And I never expected you guys to actually take my idea of a Commonwealth Union serious ^-^

You have to understand that I love the Commonwealth, and am therefore highly partial to anything which strengthens it. Now, if you proposed a European Union of some kind, then I'd probably just laugh at you for being so ridiculous... :p

You have to understand that I love the Commonwealth, and am therefore highly partial to anything which strengthens it. Now, if you proposed a European Union of some kind, then I'd probably just laugh at you for being so ridiculous... :p

And I love cooperation, free trade and integration in general :p

((And EU would be waaay to early to propose now.))

Now let's bomb Iraq and Indonesia :ninja:

And I love cooperation, free trade and integration in general :p

((And EU would be waaay to early to propose now.))

Now let's bomb Iraq :ninja:

Too early?
That's what everyone said about communism in 1914, no one saw it first taking place in very agrarian Russia. ;)
The future is very unpredictable, anything might happen.
Like imagine petroleum exporting countries uniting and forming a cartel, what a ridiculous thing. :p

No one expects the EU!

Too early?
That's what everyone said about communism in 1914, no one saw it first taking place in very agrarian Russia. ;)
The future is very unpredictable, anything might happen.
Like imagine petroleum exporting countries uniting and forming a cartel, what a ridiculous thing. :p

No one expects the EU!

It wasn't on the agenda of most politicians. By now the EU would only be in form of EEC, Steel and Coal Union and Nuclear Union.

That is why I also adress to the Commonwealth plans as a free trade area and resource unions. And to implemnt agreements and treaties that will integrate them politically. These things might develop into a Commonwealth Union.

Last edited:
It wasn't on the agenda of most politicians. By now the EU would only be in form of EEC, Steel and Coal Union and Nuclear Union.

I like it when people think in a historically plausible manner, as illustrated by the Hon. lady above. :)

Centrism is the way forward, my friend. Abandon your left wing sentiment and join us in moderation and sensibleness.

Plus, veggie food can be quite good. Just try a Fiorentina pizza. Had one yesterday, was great.

Liberals... sensible? moderate? Vegetarian pizza? It's like you're speaking in hieroglyphics here... not sure how an individual can achieve such linguistic gymnastics but by God, you Liberals have managed to do just that!

[...]not sure how an individual can achieve such linguistic gymnastics but by God, you Liberals have managed to do just that!

Says the man who has just applied the words of one person to an entire political party. :p

That said, North Norfolk plays regular host to shows of witty wordplay and other linguistic japery. :D

Says the man who has just applied the words of one person to an entire political party. :p

Well, to one yellow-hued faction of it, at the very least. :)

Says the Tory! Or is it Labour this week? :p.

My Honourable Friend has sat as a moderate, independent Labour member for the last five years. He is not a Tory, but rather favoured Eden over Bevan. (I can only imagine his choice not to vote Liberal stems from a dislike of PR.)

Says the Tory! Or is it Labour this week? :p.

:rofl:

My Honourable Friend has sat as a moderate, independent Labour member for the last five years. He is not a Tory, but rather favoured Eden over Bevan. (I can only imagine his choice not to vote Liberal stems from a dislike of PR.)

This. Although I must stress that my dislike for PR is only a bit of fun and in no way reflects my actual views on the subject. :)

This. Although I must stress that my dislike for PR is only a bit of fun and in no way reflects my actual views on the subject. :)

Don't worry, my views are similar. :)

But I, on the other hand, actually understands how AMS works. :p

Actually, having done some reading on the subject over the course of the day, I think I can now say I'm au fait with it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.