• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry that the Communists didn't get a mention in the last update - despite rising to a level of size where they deserved something. The party description will be useful for them in this election to give a little detail on what they've been up to.
Can we know who's the leader of the Communists, as the last manifesto lacked that?

Either way, eagerly looking forward to the manifestos! Quite a few choices to be made, it seems!

It's still going to be quite an effort to get the Dominions to agree to that.

Never said it would be easy or plausible.

Didn't you support it yesterday, I mean 4 years ago, and some hous ago? o_O

I demand to know more about the Labour Party! :mad:

Never said it would be easy or plausible.

Didn't you support it yesterday, I mean 4 years ago, and some hous ago? o_O

Oh, I definitely support the venture - just pointing out that getting the Dominions to actualy agree to it will be hell. Empire Free Trade might just be possible, but free movement of labour as well as a FTA would be almost impossible, at least at first.

So Gaitskell's still, you know...?

Yes, the man lives and breathes :p.

Can we know who's the leader of the Communists, as the last manifesto lacked that?

Either way, eagerly looking forward to the manifestos! Quite a few choices to be made, it seems!

That was actually a silly error by myself that I couldn't be bothered to correct at the time :p. To incorporate it into the story I'm going to say that after Harry Pollitt retired in 1956 the CPGB has a period of collective leadership before the new head hauncho came in (they will have a leader in 1963).

I demand to know more about the Labour Party! :mad:

You will have it. Maybe only a paragraph or (two or three if you include the leader descriptions as well), but Labour is a minor party now ... :/

Oh, I definitely support the venture - just pointing out that getting the Dominions to actualy agree to it will be hell. Empire Free Trade might just be possible, but free movement of labour as well as a FTA would be almost impossible, at least at first.

That's why I have split the free movement and free trade from eachother - and the various othe treaties and agreements. Read my list again. It states that one don't need to have free trade to be part of the free movement treaty and the other way around. Hopefully they'll eventually come around.

That's why I have split the free movement and free trade from eachother - and the various othe treaties and agreements. Read my list again. It states that one don't need to have free trade to be part of the free movement treaty and the other way around. Hopefully they'll eventually come around.

I see little point in a Union if all the Dominions are allowed to opt out of such matter of importance and choose to do so. It would be like having a European Union where only Germany was part of the Eurozone and noone else, and a Schengen Area comprised of only the Benelux countries and Austria.

You will have it. Maybe only a paragraph or (two or three if you include the leader descriptions as well), but Labour is a minor party now ... :/

Depending on the upcoming manifestoes and whether or not Gaitskell is the overly dominant partner in the leadership, I hope to possibly rectify that.

I see little point in a Union if all the Dominions are allowed to opt out of such matter of importance and choose to do so. It would be like having a European Union where only Germany was part of the Eurozone and noone else, and a Schengen Area comprised of only the Benelux countries and Austria.

Depending on the upcoming manifestoes and whether or not Gaitskell is the overly dominant partner in the leadership, I hope to possibly rectify that.

((Isn't Britain outside of Schengen, Eurozone and inside EU? :p And then we got countries like Norway who follow every EU law just not some specific things like arguculture and fishing and therefore can't be part of EU politically. And Switzerland who is not even a part of EEA are part of the Schengen area.))

It would be the best to strive for the CEA with the dominions and commonwealth. However that should be the minimum and then later strive for the other economical and political agreements.

((Isn't Britain outside of Schengen, Eurozone and inside EU? :p And then we got countries like Norway who follow every EU law just not some specific things like arguculture and fishing and therefore can't be part of EU politically.))

Yeah exactly. But this would be like Britain, France, Spain and Italy being all outside of Schengen and the Eurozone.

Yeah exactly. But this would be like Britain, France, Spain and Italy being all outside of Schengen and the Eurozone.

((So you would have cast away all of EEC/EEA/EU if these nations didn't join Schengen right away? What if I told you most EU contries didn't join Schengen years after it was formed? In the start it was only Benelux, France and Germany who said they would join it. It took 10 years before it was implemented, though with more members. Still it wasn't well into the 90's and 2000's that the majority of EU members joined the Schengen. So in the start it was only 5 countries who were a part of Schengen, or rather planned on it. Still most of EU and Europe are a part of Schengen. And about half of the EU are in the Eurozone and half of it outside it. Just look at how EU developed. And the whole EEA mor countries are outside the Eurozone than in it. First it was just free trade and resource unions. Late it ended up in political union, full economical union, free movment and euro zone. All of tehm took time, it was not like the EU or even Schengen, EEC or Eurozone was formed at day one.))

Why do CEA and the Free movement treaty be the same? Can't one be developed first? And later the second? Can't members decide to join the area later when they see how the other countries flourish from the free movement?

We need free trade first of all, then we can work to establish all the other elements. Slow and steady wins the race.

We need free trade first of all, then we can work to establish all the other elements. Slow and steady wins the race.

I agree. Just because we can't get all of the cake in one bite, it doesn't mean we can eat one piece of the time. Throwing away one piece of cake or the entire cake because you can't eat it all at once would be silly,

((So you would have cast away all of EEC/EEA/EU if these nations didn't join Schengen right away? What if I told you most EU contries didn't join Schengen years after it was formed? In the start it was only Benelux, France and Germany who said they would join it. I

The Dominions are like the France, Italy, Spain and Britain of this union, and Britain is the Germany. It's okay if one opts out of something, but not if all of them opt out on the same issues. The Union simply wouldn't be strong enough to survive.

The Dominions are like the France, Italy, Spain and Britain of this union, and Britain is the Germany. It's okay if one opts out of something, but not if all of them opt out on the same issues. The Union simply wouldn't be strong enough to survive.

But we don't need a common currency or free movement in the start in order to have a free trade area. It is better to establish in the start a free trade area, then later other policies.

Ach, just returned home after a few days.

Anyway, let me firstly say, Huzzah! Now everyone can see how good the Liberals can be in power! :D.

I hope that others shall take heed of the excellence of this most recent government. I shall most likely be voting for the Yellow faction in the next elections :).

But we don't need a common currency or free movement in the start in order to have a free trade area. It is better to establish in the start a free trade area, then later other policies.

Have you been listening? The Dominions were staunchly protectionist, and remained so right up until the 80's and 90's in our time. Even getting them to agree to that will take a lot of time and painstaking negotiations.

I hope that others shall take heed of the excellence of this most recent government. I shall most likely be voting for the Yellow faction in the next elections :).

You know, I never took you for the bearded vegetarian pacifist type. :)

Have you been listening? The Dominions were staunchly protectionist, and remained so right up until the 80's and 90's in our time. Even getting them to agree to that will take a lot of time and painstaking negotiations.

And I never said it would be easy. I have said it will most likely fail. But it is still worth striving towards :)

And it would be better to have free trade zone with i.e Canada than none. And later include other dominions and commonwealth countries. In the start the EEC was only a proposed coal and steel union between Germany and France. I.e Britain and Canada to use your example.

And I never said it would be easy. I have said it will most likely fail. But it is still worth striving towards :)

Thing is though, I'd rather like for it to actually succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.