• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? There's NO party opposing decolonization? Who the hell am I supposed to vote for?
*Il Principe dom Contravarius starts seriously thinking about moving to Rhodesia*

((No, but seriously, this is absolute bull, Tommy.))

((I have to agree. The winds of change happened in 1968. Most of the colonies already lost didnt happen until 1960. Also the decolonization in africa etc mostly happened because UK was humiliated afterthe Suez Crisis. Here the opposite happened, which would have increased national spirit and made the voices for decolonialzation nuch lower.))

I think you'll find that all parties' attitudes to decolonisation have remained more or less the same. The Conservatives perhaps seeing the greatest change with an official acceptance of the policies pursued by the Alliance governments of 1950-58 - a maintenance of British power around the world but with a willingness to grant varying degrees of independence but with British influence remaining. That is still a very imperialist policy - although slightly different from previous policies aimed at maintaining direct rule as much as possible.

Hmmm, I am somewhere between voting for the liberal or voting for the labour party in this one, but until my vote can have an actual impact and someone makes a good case, I will refrain from voting.

((Also nitpickingl but Monetarism is not extreme market liberalism. It is quite moderate market liberalism. Some even argue that it is not market liberalism.. Right winged Austrian economics (Rothbard etc) would be extreme Market Liberalism :) ))

I want our own Algerian crisis.
((And putch that succeeds, goddammit.))

Well, there are substantial white settler populations in South Rhodesia (currently apart of 'Rhodesia and Nyasaland - which is a semi-autonomous colony on the way to being made independent) and Kenya. Neither settler community is on the same scale of size and influence as the Pied Noirs in Algeria (and don't have anything like the clout in the UK itself), but they could certainly cause problems if messed with.

((Also nitpickingl but Monetarism is not extreme market liberalism. It is quite moderate market liberalism. Some even argue that it is not market liberalism.. Right winged Austrian economics (Rothbard etc) would be extreme Market Liberalism :) ))

In Soviet Russia, Marxism-Leninism is a centrist political philosophy.

It's true though.

Bloody hell I'm seriously concidering voting Labour! Damn National-Liberals and their conservative policies. Wanting to ban communism? Wanting to damage the unions? And send on troops to Northern Ireland if the Northern Irish government wants it?

And I like the liberals too, however they want to have less military spending and not going into Indonesia and being neutral in the Northern-Irish crisis?

And the Tories, well they also have unacceteble Northern-Irish solution.

Ah someone persuade me, why should I vote for your party?

In Soviet Russia, Marxism-Leninism is a centrist political philosophy.

It's true though.

True, but Monetarism is basically Keynesniasm without the financial politics. It is only the Monetary politics and emphasis on a free-market. It is quite moderate :) If it was extreme, it would be extreme rightwing Keynesniasm :p

Labour, because everyone is tired of the left disintegrating under weird circumstances and also having social programs is kind of nice!

Bloody hell I'm seriously concidering voting Labour! Damn National-Liberals and their conservative policies. Wanting to ban communism? Wanting to damage the unions? And send on troops to Northern Ireland if the Northern Irish government wants it?

And I like the liberals too, however they want to have less military spending and not going into Indonesia and being neutral in the Northern-Irish crisis?

And the Tories, well they also have unacceteble Northern-Irish solution.

Ah someone persuade me, why should I vote for your party?

Don't vote for Labour - or the Bolshies but that goes without saying.

Don't vote for Labour - or the Bolshies but that goes without saying.

Why should I vote for Liberals over Labour? :)

After all their Northern-Irish and military policies make much more sense.

Yup, banning communism. Might just make me vote for these laissez-faire psychos.

Yup, banning communism. Might just make me vote for these laissez-faire psychos.

They are Monetarists, which is not Laissez-Faire at all. The name say it all; Monetarists. I.e that theynhave an active role in the market through the central bank. In laissez-faire it would be no central bank and no government intervention in the market. That is not Monetarism.

Why should I vote for Liberals over Labour? :)

After all their Northern-Irish and military policies make much more sense.

Do you believe that the government needs to nationalise more private companies? Or that doing so would improve efficiency? If so, Wilson's your man.

True, but Monetarism is basically Keynesniasm without the financial politics. It is only the Monetary politics and emphasis on a free-market. It is quite moderate If it was extreme, it would be extreme rightwing Keynesniasm

Nobody cares. In the Britain of this era, any economic policy which deviated from the post-war consesnsus would be considered extreme. Tommy's right to reflect that.

I vote for the Conservative Party.

Long live the Empire! Down with communism!

Only way you can bring down communism is by voting National Liberals.

They are Monetarists, which is not Laissez-Faire at all. The name say it all; Monetarists. I.e that theynhave an active role in the market through the central bank. In laissez-faire it would be no central bank and no government intervention in the market. That is not Monetarism.
Don't care, you democrats all same to me, no unity, no integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.