• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. I bow to your impressive quadrilingualism.

Depends on your definition. I have poor Portuguese, Spanish, French and English skills. Scots is a dialect.

So it's up to you in the end. Google translate helps alot as well.

Quick appeal to the reader: I need ideas for the logo for the Thorneycroft wing of the National Liberals. Since I gave the Labour Radicals a separate logo in the last election it seems the fair thing to do but I have literally no ideas (my track record of ideas for the Nat Libs is bad enough as it is, never mind making a second logo!) It doesn't necessarily need to be a solid party logo, just something to represent them as different like the Red Flag did for the Labour Oppositionists.

A dog. :)

Seriously though, why use a logo for a party faction that's centred around the personality of just one man? Just use a pic of Thorneycroft instead. :)

Quick appeal to the reader: I need ideas for the logo for the Thorneycroft wing of the National Liberals. Since I gave the Labour Radicals a separate logo in the last election it seems the fair thing to do but I have literally no ideas (my track record of ideas for the Nat Libs is bad enough as it is, never mind making a second logo!) It doesn't necessarily need to be a solid party logo, just something to represent them as different like the Red Flag did for the Labour Oppositionists.
How about a box of watercolors?

A dog. :)

Seriously though, why use a logo for a party faction that's centred around the personality of just one man? Just use a pic of Thorneycroft instead. :)

I'd rather not have individuals pictures since I've not used them at any other point in the AAR. The dog idea isn't that bad - I'd probably use Lobenswert's original bulldog design if no other ideas come up. If they are victorious they'd revert to the party's logo (like Labour will here) - just nice to have something visual to distinguish them.

A stop sign saying "Our sign is better than the Liberals' sign."

A ship?

I'd rather not have individuals pictures since I've not used them at any other point in the AAR. The dog idea isn't that bad - I'd probably use Lobenswert's original bulldog design if no other ideas come up. If they are victorious they'd revert to the party's logo (like Labour will here) - just nice to have something visual to distinguish them.

Think about it. Parties are parties and factions are factions, but factions are not parties. Parties distinguish themselves with logos, factions distinguish themselves by individuals. Factions don't need logos because they already have one, that of the party they belong to. A party faction with its own logo is almost grotesque.

You could always use a white glove on a black background to represent the invisible hand.

800px-Flag_of_Isengard.svg.png

Looks rather Northern Irish

You dare question the invisible hand and it's Prophet, Hayek? Thou shalt be punished with poor earnings next quarter heathen!

Think about it. Parties are parties and factions are factions, but factions are not parties. Parties distinguish themselves with logos, factions distinguish themselves by individuals. Factions don't need logos because they already have one, that of the party they belong to. A party faction with its own logo is almost grotesque.

I understand your point, but I've already used the Red Flag in the previous election (which I felt worked reasonably well) and am unsure about using people's faces as it feels that if I do that I should do it for every party - which is something I'd like to avoid.

@ Dadarian: That hand does look like some obscure Ulster based Nazi group's logo :p.

It seems all their Liberal members are somehow part-French. :)

Actually Antonine comes from the Antonine Wall north of Hadrian's Wall in Scotland - a very British name which just happens to have come by way of ancient Rome :p

Actually Antonine comes from the Antonine Wall north of Hadrian's Wall in Scotland - a very British name which just happens to have come by way of ancient Rome :p
French, Italian, Latin, they're all Wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.