• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What MP should I be?

A lack of money does.

Wa use bunsens when ye can simply threaten th' staff? Naethin' stoppin' me due tae me havin' nae actual reason nae tay. It is a rational choice efter aw.

(Why use money when you can simply threaten the staff? Nothing stopping me due to me having no actual reason not too.

It is a rational choice after all.)

A lack of money does.

As most people have jobs that guarantee them with some sort of income, nothing prevents those with no incomes from seeking aid from charities.
With laissez faire we can promote greater economic growth which will result in more jobs and more prosperous future for everyone; more prosperity and more competition means that even healthcare(or insurance for it) will become a normal good which almost everyone should be able to afford.

Whilst I prefer a limited defence spending, the threat that the Soviet hordes currently poise cannot be ignored. With heavy heart I thus support an enhanced military force; for the losses will be even greater if we lose the fight for liberty against the beast of the east.

Happy now? :p

Earlier however you said that the NLP supports a small defence and police force. It is clear from the party's imperial policy however that this is not the case - such a position would be incompatible with their Imperial policy. Furthermore you also say that you feel that colonies should not be subsidised, and yet, the NLP commits itself to retaining all of Britain's existing colonies - a goal which can only be achieved at considerable expense, far more expensive than the maintenance of the NHS in all likelihood.

How can you justify being a member of a party which so utterly conflicts with your own values? Either teh Party is wrong, or you are. Which is it?

As most people have jobs that guarantee them with some sort of income, nothing prevents those with no incomes from seeking aid from charities.
With laissez faire we can promote greater economic growth which will result in more jobs and more prosperous future for everyone; more prosperity and more competition means that even healthcare(or insurance for it) will become a normal good which almost everyone should be able to afford.

Wa shoods we donate tae charity? Ye ur bein' tay aemotional Enewald, ye need tae reinvest in order tae accumulate mair capital. Yoo ur wastin' yer freedom oan th' lazy an' puir Enewald, better accumulate bunsens an' enjoy uir freedom tae dae sae. Eh Enewald?

(Why should we donate to charity? You are being too emotional Enewald, you need to reinvest in order to accumulate more capital. You are wasting your freedom on the lazy and poor Enewald, better accumulate money and enjoy our freedom to do so. Eh Enewald?)

What MP should I be?

You should choose a heavily industrialised area as befitting a Representative of the proletariat. Why not Bolsover?

Such ignorance! Charities tend not to hand out money. Furthermore, many people who do live below the poverty line in this country are not unemployed: they earn a living, but their wages are simply too low to afford anything greater than subsistence. The free market will not raise wages for these people: poor, unskilled labour - in fact it will have exactly the opposite effect.

I am Cary Grover CPGB MP from Bolsover!

I don't think we should be using names other than our usernames, as per Tommy's rules...

Except the ones on the list linked on the first page :p

Naturally. :)

I don't think we should be using names other than our usernames, as per Tommy's rules...

If a made up name is given, I reserve the right as keeper of the rolls of Parliament to edit it so that all forum names are present, as per the rules. Aside from that, welcome to your constituency! :)

If a made up name is given, I reserve the right as keeper of the rolls of Parliament to edit it so that all forum names are present, as per the rules. Aside from that, welcome to your constituency! :)

In 'at case Ah micht an aw be Dadarian MacDadarian.

(In that case I might as well be Dadarian MacDadarian)

In 'at case Ah micht an aw be Dadarian MacDadarian.

(In that case I might as well be Dadarian MacDadarian)

That's essentially what "of that Ilk" means. :)

That's essentially what "of that Ilk" means. :)

I always understood it as "of Dadarian (place)".

So Anglicised it would be Dadarian directly of Dadarian from Dadarian (Dadarian MacDadarian of that Ilk)

I've never even heard of Bolsover until today, I would have thought Birmingham or Manchester would be better places to find communists.

Honestly, from the words of my family Edinburgh as well.

A little update on where we stand in the polls. The last two votes have once again left us with a hung parliament. The parties of the right (Tory-NLP-UUP) stand on 305 seats with 313 needed for a majority. Much more interesting is the fact that Labour are once again perched precariously above their threshold - if we have one more vote and it isn't for Labour they would fall below 35% again (by 0.08%!) therefore handing the Right a certain victory. So even if there is only one more voter out there, they could change everything.

Also, as an aside - I noticed that this AAR has just made it onto the first page in the DH subforum in when you rank the threads by views, it also now has more posts than Vive La Republique :p.

((On a wholly unrelated note, I've just realised that you've a character called Enrico Fermi. :D))

Whatever has brought you here, I welcome your arrival. :)
((Erico :p I figured I shouldn't COMPLETELY plagiarize a famous Italian, so I did the next best thing~))

Well considering my constituency has OTL been a Conservative one since 1924, I think we're not all going for accuracy on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.