• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal attacks against other members?
Forfeited the concept of respecting and honouring other members, have you? :p

This simply proves that the best way to attack NLP is to insult its members, not to write meaningful criticism. ;)
The demeanor in which a party's members speak with oft speaks much to how they would conduct themselves whilst in power. And truly, there are better ways to 'attack' the NLP than targetting you, one of the more radical and outspoken members. The question is if it is worth the effort, which... it often is not. You seem to do a fine job of illustrating why one shouldn't back their policies.

This simply proves that the best way to attack NLP is to insult its members, not to write meaningful criticism. ;)

Oh, I'm not attacking the NLP at all, merely a small minority of its supporters who confuse hospitals with businesses and sick people with consumers. :)

In that case, go Liberals!

Oh, I'm not attacking the NLP at all, merely a small minority of its supporters who confuse hospitals with businesses and sick people with consumers. :)

Doctors and nurses are rational humans who maximize their own utility, just as patients try to maximize their utility by choosing to demand services from the former. Maybe the patient could try paying the workers of a hospital in bricks, but moving cash around is easier.
Is it hard to understand that healthcare exists as a service, that is produced and demanded; and the way the finite resources is allocated would operate best under free competition, which always maximized the benefit of the customer on the long run due to competition enabling price deflation?

There is no such thing as 'free' in this world of ours. Deal with it. Healthcare does not rain down from the sky, nor does it grow in trees. It is a service like many others. People consume services to maximize their utility. Such consumption will be limited by the budget restrictions of individuals, just as the supply of the service will be limited due to doctors only being able to 24 hours a day in theory. So we face a problem where a good now has a value.
And the value of the good forms on the markets, according to the rationale of individuals who deem the good according to their marginal utilities.
The price comes to being; a price must be paid for the good.

Questions?

Doctors and nurses are rational humans who maximize their own utility, just as patients try to maximize their utility by choosing to demand services from the former. Maybe the patient could try paying the workers of a hospital in bricks, but moving cash around is easier.
Is it hard to understand that healthcare exists as a service, that is produced and demanded; and the way the finite resources is allocated would operate best under free competition, which always maximized the benefit of the customer on the long run due to competition enabling price deflation?

There is no such thing as 'free' in this world of ours. Deal with it. Healthcare does not rain down from the sky, nor does it grow in trees. It is a service like many others. People consume services to maximize their utility. Such consumption will be limited by the budget restrictions of individuals, just as the supply of the service will be limited due to doctors only being able to 24 hours a day in theory. So we face a problem where a good now has a value.
And the value of the good forms on the markets, according to the rationale of individuals who deem the good according to their marginal utilities.

Questions?

Taxes exist regardless. Taxes may be spent on useful investments, such as providing free healthcare for everyone, or on stupid investments, such as propping up unsustainable and expensive colonial regimes which are likely to fall even if we do prop them up financially. Providing universal access to healthcare means a healthier population: more babies, therefore more workers and consumers in the long term; more productive workers and more productive students.

Questions?

Questions?

No one is allowed to talk about the consequences of a private healthcare service until you move to America. ;) Then you can perceive the detrimental consequences in practice, not theory.

Psychology tells us good sir, that humans are actually pretty irrational.

Taxes exist regardless. Taxes may be spent on useful investments, such as providing free healthcare for everyone, or on stupid investments, such as propping up unsustainable and expensive colonial regimes which are likely to fall even if we do prop them up financially. Providing universal access to healthcare means a healthier population: more babies, therefore more workers and consumers in the long term; more productive workers and more productive students.

Questions?

Taxes are needed only for the maintaining of civil order; police force and small defence force. Money needed not to be stolen from private individuals so that politicians can play tyrants with the money of the other people.
Every coin that the state steals from the individual is a lost coin, it shall no more benefit the common man, but rather is wasted the way the politician wants it to be wasted, so that the politician can maximize his own utility.
The colonial regimes should be able to support themselves, there is absolutely no need for British money to pour into corrupted colonial institutions.

Freely competitive healthcare markets also provide good healthcare for the people. If the state has to finance the breeding of more citizens, something is terribly wrong with your moral values.

Ah hae tae write tois in class essays, an' come back tae fower mair pages? Holy jobby troaps, we need mair Scots tae defend uir place withit me.

(I have to write two in class essays, and come back to four more pages?

Holy shit guys, we need more Scots to defend our place without me.)

Please, leave Swedish out of it. She's never done anything to you!

Swedish, Ah swear 'at was th' spanish leid? Aw non-celtic languages seem th' sam tae me. Bloody awfy things.

(Swedish, I swear that was the Spanish language? All non-Celtic languages seem the same to me.

Bloody awful things.)

If the state has to finance the breeding of more citizens, something is terribly wrong with your moral values.

Nobody is suggesting that. It is common sense however, that a child born inside a hospital staffed with doctors and midwives has a better chance of surviving than one born outside of one. Ditto for the child's mother.

*Rabble rabble*

Sae uir favorite aenaerchist is sayin' 'at taxes ur necessary? Loons, Ah hink we ur treatin' his insanity!

(So our favorite anarchist is saying that taxes are necessary?

Boys, I think we are treating his insanity!)

Boys, I think we are treating his insanity!

I dunno. He says that taxes are needed only for the maintenance of a small defence and police force, and yet he continues to support a party which favours an increase in defence spending and defence commitments. I'm not sure if Mr. Enewald has even read the NLP manifesto!

Nobody is suggesting that. It is common sense however, that a child born inside a hospital staffed with doctors and midwives has a better chance of surviving than one born outside of one. Ditto for the child's mother.

Still does not justify why it should be a nationalized hospital instead of being a more efficient private hospital.
Nothing stops people from purchasing insurances, or buying space for childbirth in a hospital.
While I see the logic why hospitals are good, it does not mean they cannot be efficient while being under private control.

Also,

VOTE FOR NATIONAL LIBERALS, SAVE THE COMMON MAN FROM MORTAL TAXES

I dunno. He says that taxes are needed only for the maintenance of a small defence and police force, and yet he continues to support a party which favours an increase in defence spending and defence commitments. I'm not sure if Mr. Enewald has even read the NLP manifesto!

But he says taxes ur necessary. Braw frae an aenaerchist

But he says taxes are necessary. Nice from an anarchist)

Thank God! Welcome, My Honourable Friend! Have a Whig Wig. :)
I am merely here for convenience and the greater good, but I think the elder Wolff would look rather dashing in a wig. Because of course, by a sheer coincidence of time and space, all of my characters look exactly like Franz Ludwig Wolff, except his family.

Whilst I prefer a limited defence spending, the threat that the Soviet hordes currently poise cannot be ignored. With heavy heart I thus support an enhanced military force; for the losses will be even greater if we lose the fight for liberty against the beast of the east.

Happy now? :p

I am merely here for convenience and the greater good, but I think the elder Wolff would look rather dashing in a wig. Because of course, by a sheer coincidence of time and space, all of my characters look exactly like Franz Ludwig Wolff, except his family.

((On a wholly unrelated note, I've just realised that you've a character called Enrico Fermi. :D))

Whatever has brought you here, I welcome your arrival. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.