• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Labour's dissolution of the so-called Popular Front was expected. I insisted in the Party's meetings that associating with the workers' aristocracy and the bourgeois self-righteous "liberals" would alienate us from our base and core supporters. Those who worked tirelessly, ignored provocations and persecution and made the Communist party a force to be reckoned with.

Our leadership should have taken the message when the coalition in which we participate supported the reactionary forces in Persia and turned the Greek comrade's uprising to a bloodbath. But it is not only those who are eager to abandon their revolutionary past and wear the suits, ties and wigs who should be warned by the recent world events. Those of us who have linked our future with Soviet Union should be warned by Soviet Union's imminent failure to move from the dictatorship of the proletariat and Stalin's false interpretation of Marx-Leninism. Stalinism should be considered as one of many reactionary ideologies. Our fallen sisters and brothers in Barcelona, Athens, Prague, Warsaw and Budapest do not allow us to make the same mistakes. Never trust the Stalinists bearing gifts !!!

Mighty braw ur mighty awfy. A body ur th' other.

(Mighty fine or mighty awful. One or the other.)

I just become a crazed communist when whiskey is consumed. I'm not quite sure what category that fits into...

The leftist dismantle the Empire and now you want to see the dismantling of the United Kingdom itself? Traitor!

For once I agree with the Honourable Gentleman. Scotland is just as an integral part of the British Union as California is a part of the American one.

For once I agree with the Honourable Gentleman. Scotland is just as an integral part of the British Union as California is a part of the American one.

Hmm, so conquering lands from other countries is a legit reason to claim the won land as an integral part of your nation? :p

WHY DID WE THEN GIVE UP INDIA DUH :(

Bring back the Empire!

Pff, California.

Mexico can have it back.

Hmm, so conquering lands from other countries is a legit reason to claim the won land as an integral part of your nation? :p

Bring back the Empire!

We didn't conquer Scotland.

Couldn't even conquer Scotland. Had to marry your way in there...what are you, Hapsburgs? ;)

Technically, we didn't even marry our way there. We just stopped having children. ;)

That said, it doesn't mean the English haven't beaten the Scots in the past...

The leftist dismantle the Empire and now you want to see the dismantling of the United Kingdom itself? Traitor!

Th' union has failed. If ye gie th' empire awa', wa shoods we bide wi' th' union? Scootlund fur Scots, Irelain fur th' Irish, Weels fur th' Welsh an' Englain fur th' sassenach only!

(The Union has failed. If you give the Empire away, why should we stay with the Union? Scotland for Scots, Ireland for the Irish, Wales for the Welsh and England for the English only!)

Labour's dissolution of the so-called Popular Front was expected. I insisted in the Party's meetings that associating with the workers' aristocracy and the bourgeois self-righteous "liberals" would alienate us from our base and core supporters. Those who worked tirelessly, ignored provocations and persecution and made the Communist party a force to be reckoned with.

Our leadership should have taken the message when the coalition in which we participate supported the reactionary forces in Persia and turned the Greek comrade's uprising to a bloodbath. But it is not only those who are eager to abandon their revolutionary past and wear the suits, ties and wigs who should be warned by the recent world events. Those of us who have linked our future with Soviet Union should be warned by Soviet Union's imminent failure to move from the dictatorship of the proletariat and Stalin's false interpretation of Marx-Leninism. Stalinism should be considered as one of many reactionary ideologies. Our fallen sisters and brothers in Barcelona, Athens, Prague, Warsaw and Budapest do not allow us to make the same mistakes. Never trust the Stalinists bearing gifts !!!

Frae someain fa is lockstep wi' Moscaw, ye soond dangeroosly unorthodox thaur red.

(From someone who is lockstep with Moscow, you sound dangerously unorthodox there red.)

Scootlund isnae British, it isnae Anglo nur is it sassenach. Scootlund is fur Scots, fur noo an' forever!

(Scotland is not British, it is not Anglo nor is it English. Scotland is for Scots, for now and forever!)

Bring back the Empire!

Th' empire has failed, an' sae has th' union. Freedom is needed!

(The empire has failed, and so has the union. Freedom is needed!)

We didn't conquer Scotland.

Nae, th' sassenach booght it ben trickery an' deceit. An' by placin' a Scot oan th' thrain. We need th' Stuarts again. Ur at leest a new Scottish kin'. We need a new clan meetin'.

(No, the English bought it through trickery and deceit. And by placing a Scot on the throne. We need the Stuarts again. Or at least a new Scottish King. We need a new clan meeting.)

Technically, we didn't even marry our way there. We just stopped having children. ;)

That said, it doesn't mean the English haven't beaten the Scots in the past...

Ah cannae hear ye ower th' blackwatch an' Rabbie th' Bruce.

(I can't hear you over the Blackwatch and Robert the Bruce.)

If I remember correctly, Scots tried rebelling after the union emerged, but alas they were not allowed to become independent as they once were?
You conquered them by using laws of inheritance and diplomacy to the benefit of England. :)

They had a parliament that was about as free as the English one, and to be fair there were rebellions all over during the Stuart age.

I would say that that definition of "conquer" is very economical, though. I hardly imagine Queen Elizabeth actively sought for the two kingdoms to join in a personal union when she decided to not marry. Making it out to be sine sort of conspiracy on the part of Perfidious Albion is probably slightly farfetched. ;)

Ah cannae hear ye ower th' blackwatch an' Rabbie th' Bruce.

(I can't hear you over the Blackwatch and Robert the Bruce.)

You don't need to justify yourself to me, My Honourable Friend. After all, the only similar personage about whom I can boast is Owain Glŷndwr – and he wasn't exactly successful... :)

They had a parliament that was about as free as the English one, and to be fair there were rebellions all over during the Stuart age.

I would say that that definition of "conquer" is very economical, though. I hardly imagine Queen Elizabeth actively sought for the two kingdoms to join in a personal union when she decided to not marry. Making it out to be sine sort of conspiracy on the part of Perfidious Albion is probably slightly farfetched. ;)

Aye, it was mair a buy it 'en a bastardised attempt tae conquer.

(Aye, it was more a buy out then a bastardised attempt to conquer)

You don't need to justify yourself to me, My Honourable Friend. After all, the only similar personage about whom I can boast is Owain Glŷndwr – and he wasn't exactly successful... :)

Welsh? Yuck.

Ye ur as welsh as Ah am sassenach Densley.

(You are as Welsh as I am English Densley.)

No to devolution! These kilt-wearing, sheep shagging Celts won't survive without us! :p

Eww... Autonomists.
[I'm thinking of playing as them on KR. See if it's possible to win against Germany and Canada controlling three separate countries. :p]

Status
Not open for further replies.