• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zomeguy voted on the previous page taking their vote to 11.

I would very much like to see a Lab-Lib coalition. Very much indeed.

I would very much like to see a Lab-Lib coalition. Very much indeed.

There's still one seat which could go to any party, right? My revised figures come to 639.

There's still one seat which could go to any party, right? My revised figures come to 639.

On that note, I must ask how we're deciding the multiplier to find seat totals. Using figures from the first page, I can never replicate what others have come up with.

With 'spare seats like this I could either make them 'independents' or give it to the largest party. Almost two hours before polls close and I'm willing to take suggestions on this point.

With 'spare seats like this I could either make them 'independents' or give it to the largest party. Almost two hours before polls close and I'm willing to take suggestions on this point.

Actually, I think that I miscounted the NL total by one seat.

EDIT: No I did not.

I think the best option would be to give them to an independent, but perhaps one somewhat sympathatic to the ideology of the largest party, thereby reflecting voting trends. So for instance, J.B. Priestley might be a suitable "left independent" while Leslie Hore-Belisha (if a. we don't count him as a National Liberal and b. you don't mind having Michael Foot out of the Commons) might make a suitable "right independent."

I'm still fine with giving it to Priestley – as long as he stands for the CWP. :)

Zomeguy voted on the previous page taking their vote to 11.

Pretty sure I counted that one, oh well...

Unofficial Poll:

Labour Party: 17 [28.33% (-9.67%)]
Conservative & Unionist Party: 14 [23.33% (-24.47%)
Bolshies: 11 [18.33% (+18.32%)]
National Liberal Party: 10 [16.66% (+12.96%)]
Liberal Party: 8 [13.33% (+6.63%)]

Total Vote: 60

Seats:

Labour Party: 292 seats (+173)
Conservative & Unionist Party: 120 seats (-266)
Bolshies: 94 seats (+93)
National Liberal Party: 86 seats (+53)
Liberal Party: 34 seats (+13)
Ulster Unionists: 10 seats
Irish Nationalists: 3 seats

Hung Parliament

Total: 640 (one seat too close to call)

Likely Coalitions: (321 seats needed for a majority)

Popular Front: (Labour-Bolshie-Liberal-Nats) 423 seats (102 seat majority!)
Popular Front: (Labour-Bolshie) 386 seats (66 seat majority)
Lib-Lab Coalition: 326 seats (5 seat majority)

Technically, he'd be an Independent Progressive IIRC.

A quick Google reveals that you'd be right. He contested Cambridge University, so we wouldn't be keeping anyone particularly notable out of parliament by bringing him in. (Kenneth Pickthorn, anyone?)

With one hour left until polls close, if you're thinking about casting a vote and haven't done so yet, do so now. Unless you're planning on voting Tory in which case you might as well stay at home. :p

With one hour left until polls close, if you're thinking about casting a vote and haven't done so yet, do so now. Unless you're planning on voting Tory in which case you might as well stay at home. :p

Indeed – what My Honourable Friend the Member for Devonport is really saying is that we only want your votes if they're for one of the Lab-Lib parties. :D

Indeed – what My Honourable Friend the Member for Devonport is really saying is that we only want your votes if they're for one of the Lab-Lib parties. :D

My Honourable Friend should be contented with the fact that the Liberals have achieved their best result since the 1929 election (AKA the single biggest British political tragedy of the 20th Century) and therefore should not take it too harshly if the Bolshies acquire a few extra votes.

Polls closed

Will return shortly with full results

paradoxia_zps49477e4c.jpg

As promised, here's a little something-something, try and guess, who's who!

Status
Not open for further replies.