• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's funny how many hate and love this Margaret Thatcher, when she have had very little to do :p

Clearly her haters are all agents of the patriarchy. :p

Clearly her haters are all agents of the patriarchy. :p

No I just fail to see why so many have this strong opinions about her, when haven't been anything other than a MP who value tradition and free trade. She haven't been in government yet, until that happen we can start to love or hate her :) But thus far she seem to be in favor of small government, but can't say she have been explicity feminist or part of the women lib movement. And remember, the gender of a person matters a lot less than that person's actual beliefs. So I wouldn't have supported Thatcher for the sake of her being female. And currently I do not.

No I just fail to see why so many have this strong opinions about her, when haven't been anything other than a MP who value tradition and free trade. She haven't been in government yet, until that happen we can start to love or hate her :) But thus far she seem to be in favor of small government, but can't say she have been explicity feminist or part of the women lib movement.

"It never occurred to her that she was a woman politician." :p

We're outside of an election campaign, so I assume most people are expressing their OOC views about the Maggie in our timeline. I think it's not unreasonable to assume given the role she's played so far in the story that the AAR's Maggie Thatcher is advocating very similar policies and positions to those that she advocated in real life, hence the backlash. :)

As we are between elections, I wish to raise a new policy proposal:

Since the Labour party like nationalising things, I propose that the Labour party be nationalised and taken into public ownership.

Similarly, since the Conservatives now seem to be in favour of privatising everything, I propose that the Conservative and Unionist Party be broken up and sold off to the private sector.

As we are between elections, I wish to raise a new policy proposal:

Since the Labour party like nationalising things, I propose that the Labour party be nationalised and taken into public ownership.

Similarly, since the Conservatives now seem to be in favour of privatising everything, I propose that the Conservative and Unionist Party be broken up and sold off to the private sector.

Since the Liberals love European Cooperation so much, I propose that the entire party be banished to France, irrespective of whether De Gaulle chooses to let them into the country or not. :p

Please don't make the Labour party the official ideology :S I would much rather hand them over to the unons, and the let the Labour party be down to constant strikes!

Please don't make the Labour party the official ideology :S I would much rather hand them over to the unons, and the let the Labour party be down to constant strikes!

I could retort with a comment about the Liberals, the French and involving the words "vetoing" and "entry" but I like to think myself above that sort of thing so I won't. :p

I could retort with a comment about the Liberals, the French and involving the words "vetoing" and "entry" but I like to think myself above that sort of thing so I won't. :p

Well I think we should bomb the frencies. I only like french fries.

Oh, I can see the headlines now: Liberal MP endorsses IRA-style terrorist campaign against France in retaliation for De Gaulle veto. :p

Oh, I can see the headlines now: Liberal MP endorsses IRA-style terrorist campaign against France in retaliation for De Gaulle veto. :p

This would never happen in my Liberal Party... :p

((Next election: Liberal Party factions: Densleyists vs radical Antoninists.))

It would be pretty awesome if Tommy made Densley and Antonine into actual AAR characters, like what he did with Kadon in LTRCT.

Don't worry - French fries come from Belgium (along with Swiss chocolate). Nothing would be lost by bombing France. Well, nothing of value to British civilisation anyway.

I like my french fries! :)

This would never happen in my Liberal Party... :p

It is no longer yours, you conservative :p

It would be pretty awesome if Tommy made Densley and Antonine into actual AAR characters, like what he did with Kadon in LTRCT.

Not me? ;(

Don't worry - French fries come from Belgium (along with Swiss chocolate). Nothing would be lost by bombing France. Well, nothing of value to British civilisation anyway.

Actually it is a feud between France and Belgium (and a third country) who made the pommes frittes first. However I want to fry the French, and then serve them as french fries to the anarcho-cannibalist! :D

I'd want charge over the biography, but other than that I'd be fully amenable. (It would also give the term 'Blairite' a much better meaning. :p)

((Next election - Liberal Party factions: Densleyists vs radical Antoninists.))

Wouldn't mind a faction struggle between (conservative) Social-Liberals, British tradionalists vs. a Radical Liberal and Feminist faction :D

I'd want charge over the biography, but other than that I'd be fully amenable. (It would also give the term 'Blairite' a much better meaning. :p)

I imagine you would have Britain's greatest wig collection! So if you loose the internal dispute you can always retire to your resort with lots of wigs :p

How damn impudent of you! I'm a Liberal through and through. :p

Only liberal about you is your wigs :p

Everyone behold Blair's new wig party!

article-1077223-0217731B000005DC-0_468x386.jpg

But I must admit that your wig party is very liberal. A different kind of liberal, but still liberal :laugh:

Only liberal about you is your wigs :p

You've done well to come to that conclusion considering I've never issued a manifesto of any sort. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.