- Jan 1, 2012
Damn it, the CPGB needed just a few more votes to be significant... Oh well, violent overthrow of the Bourgeois class via Working Class revolution it is. ARM YOURSELVES LADS.
How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.
The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.
"Ah, finally, more bloodshed!"Damn it, the CPGB needed just a few more votes to be significant... Oh well, violent overthrow of the Bourgeois class via Working Class revolution it is. ARM YOURSELVES LADS.
I would only agree with abolishing monarchy if a Lordprotector was named to fill the empty spot.Also, hold a referendum on whether to retain or abolish the monarchy - it might be a foregone conclusion but it would establish the principle that the monarchy owes its existence to the support of the people rather than ruling by divine right.
Citizen Antonine's manifesto for Liberalism:
- Set up an Equality Commission to investigate incidents of discrimination in all levels of society and to take suitable action against them.
- Outlaw all discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Continue the development of a mixed economy by converting more state owned industries into employee-run mutuals and passing legislation to enable employees in private corporations to convert to an employee-run model by buying out the owners with the aid of a government-guaranteed loan.
- Set up a Industrial Bank to provide loans to entrepreneurs and start-up businesses.
- Introduce a localised minimum wage to ensure that all those employed are able to afford to live on their wages.
- Reform the education system to ensure equal access to pupils and students of all backgrounds.
- Increase investment in science and technology through research grants.
- Significantly reduce income tax by introducing comprehensive taxation of land value.
- Hold a constitutional convention to write a constitution for a federal United Kingdom which will include the replacement of the House of Lords with an elected upper chamber.
- Take the Crown Estates and the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall into the ownership of a new Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- Aim to achieve a budgetary surplus within ten years to allow the paying off of the long term national debt and the eventual payment of budget surpluses into the Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- I do not agree at all.
- What will the terms for this Bank be? Who will it be run by, by which regulations? Will it require more buecracy and significantly increased spending?
- The wages should be agreed between the employer and employee. The employer and employee should have unions who should negoatiate for them - if they want to. Base it upon the Nordic models. Minimum wage is okay, but if it falls below the market value (for example if it is a production decline, or demand decline) it can have devastating effects and only harm the economy, and result in netto lower wages and higher unemployment.
- What kind of reasearch grants? Could be wiser to for example have tax cuts in bussinesses or industries researching or producing in a certain field.
- Why? And what would this fund be?
Also, hold a referendum on whether to retain or abolish the monarchy - it might be a foregone conclusion but it would establish the principle that the monarchy owes its existence to the support of the people rather than ruling by divine right.
I hereby offer my full support to the Rt. Hon. member for Norfolk on account of him being the only candidate in full possession of all his mental faculties.
For monarchy: I agree with the refferedum, however it should be a refferendum for every time a monarc dies or abdicides. So if I our current Queen no longer is a monarch, we should have a refferendum of the continuation of the monarchy or nor. Perhaps radicalize it even more by making it into a general election. Either from candidates, politicians, dynasty, nobility or everyone.
On the issue of civil rights, I wholeheartedly agree with many of Rosa's proposals.
However, I would personally propose, in addition, the creation of paid parental leave which the parents of a child can choose to split between them how they wish and the reform of the law to strengthen laws against sexual assault, rape and domestic violence, including outlawing spousal rape.
Furthermore, it is vital that the age of consent be equalised for both opposite sex and same sex relations.
Ideally, we need a new Sexual Offences Act to overhaul all law relating to sexual activity and to introduce new legislation on the basis that all sexual activity is legal provided that all parties involved consent and that all parties involved are capable of consent (including the provision of an age of consent).
A good idea. Only one further change is needed: rename the position of the monarch to "President". After your changes, it's just a small cosmetic change and shouldn't raise any extra fuss.
Oh my. I knew that Liberal victory would be bad, but I would NEVER expect that you Liberals will lose your my minds THAT fast. Now please excuse me while I go grab my old Sten machine pistol and my paper hat, it's seems that the end is nigh.