• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with Labour and voting NO to PR? Don't they realise it's their only chance to escape perpetual political insignificance?

Probably because the uniqueness of the Westminster System is more important to them than being a major part of an endless stream of PR-induced coalition governments.

What is it with Labour and voting NO to PR? Don't they realise it's their only chance to escape perpetual political insignificance?

Probably because the uniqueness of the Westminster System is more important to them than being a major part of an endless stream of PR-induced coalition governments.
Exactly, thank you.

Bah. The Westminster System is wonderfully unique but I still believe in voting in character :p

Bah. The Westminster System is wonderfully unique but I still believe in voting in character :p

In an AAR with minimum role playing? :p

Honestly, I don't think the referendum should be done "in character" seeing as it affects the actual framework of the AAR and not just how Tommy plays the next five years in the game. Normally, I'd probably agree that some form of voting reform is necessary, but here it would takes out a lot of the interest for me. :)

What's with people being obsessed with only one particular faction achieving power? Don't they realise its just an AAR?

Erm. Well, now I'm confused. I know there's a strong emphasis on the Jewish right to dominate in this new neo-feudalist faction, but You are still all christians, is that it?

Nah, Jesus is our greatest Jew.

I will vote No to the referendum, and wait a little more for the rest: I do hesitate between my usual Liberal (in this case Yellow) and an NLP vote, which would both please Enewald, the army & navy's spending and put the party above the 10% threshold.
I'm thinking that for story purpose a Tory-led gov would perhaps be more interesting, that's the prime reason.

I will vote No to the referendum, and wait a little more for the rest: I do hesitate between my usual Liberal (in this case Yellow) and an NLP vote, which would both please Enewald, the army & navy's spending and put the party above the 10% threshold.
I'm thinking that for story purpose a Tory-led gov would perhaps be more interesting, that's the prime reason.

So vote Tory then?

Oh please please me. :p

If you vote Tory, they gain little, meanwhile a vote for NLP gives them much more marginal utility. :D

If you vote Tory, they gain little, meanwhile a vote for NLP gives them much more marginal utility. :D

The Tories are in a position to form a government; the NLP are in a position to stop them.

Tanzhang has the right of it as far as I can see, in a way. The Nat Libs have noted that they will refuse to be part of any government that does not adopt their economic policies. While the Rightists have a healthy majority of the Tories, it will still be a One Nation Conservative government that is formed, according to an earlier post by Tommy (if memory serves), which has an internal policy that is unacceptable to the Nat Libs. Thus, they will remain out of the government. A vote for the Nat Libs weakens the Tory government, unless the Rightists pull a coup, which will not happen immediately, if at all. Even if they couped the One Nation Conservatives, I'm unsure if the Rightists need to compromise with the Nat Libs to form a government.

Last edited:

You should vote for the Liberals. It looks like the Tories are going to win anyway but the Liberals need as many votes as we can get in order to be able to form a sizeable and effective opposition.

In an AAR with minimum role playing? :p

Honestly, I don't think the referendum should be done "in character" seeing as it affects the actual framework of the AAR and not just how Tommy plays the next five years in the game. Normally, I'd probably agree that some form of voting reform is necessary, but here it would takes out a lot of the interest for me. :)

And this is why politicians hate voters. You never do what you should do.

*storms off in a huff*

And this is why politicians hate voters. You never do what you should do.

*storms off in a huff*

If it helps, in all likelihood I won't be voting for another six years yet, so you've got nothing to hate me for. :p

Only Commies want PR. Are you a Commie, Tanzhang? :p

Only Commies want PR. Are you a Commie, Tanzhang? :p

Bah! A real communist would see a referendum on the electoral system to be irrelevant to the ongoing class struggle.

Hm! You seem to understand the base, violent Communist mind very well! Highly suspect, Mr. Tanzhang, highly suspect indeed! Are you certain you are not a Commie? :p

Hm! You seem to understand the base, violent Communist mind very well! Highly suspect, Mr. Tanzhang, highly suspect indeed! Are you certain you are not a Commie? :p

But if you understand that I understand it, then surely you too understand the base, violent Communist mind very well! Highly suspect indeed. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.