• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can't wait to see more of this AAR.

blitzthedragon: I've watched it about five times already. It's funny, but I'm not entirely sure why...

Migthy: While I might not need aliens, I also haven't written nearly as epic an AAR as you have!

Dofon: The Soviets are not at full mobilization... but neither am I! I don't believe I have ever seen the AI extend mobilization on its own before so it shouldn't be a problem.

Aniknk: I'm doing more cutting than crushing; we'll have to change that!

Kroisistan: That's the plan!

Enclave: The Soviets are deploying almost all of their armor in the Balkans and in Poland at the moment, as will be seen by the upcoming update... Russia may deploy mostly infantry, but they deploy an AWFUL lot of them.

Teivel: I don't need my full army to beat the Bolsheviks! Germany can easily win a three front war; it worked so well during the first World War :rolleyes: !

Wombats O' War: Thank you. I will be posting the update soon.

Akaki: You'd rather read this than play EUIV? That is a huge compliment :D .

MastahCheef117: Soon enough!

I will be posting the update either tomorrow or Monday, at the latest. Also, zig_zac will be posting an American cabinet meeting tomorrow, if not today.

Last edited:
My God,the soviets are almost in Pola

My guest post - from American perspective. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------
Undergrounds of Pentagon. Secret and well guarded bunker. Under tons of concrete, in still air of half-lit room most important men of United States gathered to decide further course of action of a giant country. And, therefore, the fate of the world. At the top of a long table sat Harry Truman.Smoke from a Cuban cigar crawled in grayish blue ribbon to the low ceiling. Grim on his face reflected news from fields of battles.
Truman: President have only one question and I'm here to get the answer - he begun - why are we losing in Europe? Not so long ago we had more units, and in better shape, now we are in full retreat! Can anybody tell me, why?

It's simple - voice came from the cloaked figure in the shadow - we have a spy in high circles of power. I think he's here now.

Truman broke a silence after a while: Sir, why are you wearing a coat and a hat indoors?

My identity can't be revealed.

Oh right Hoover, as you wish - Truman agreed.

Hoover: It's important. The spy is here. Maybe you are a spy, Mr. Truman.

Nope, I'm not - Truman responded lightly.

Oh. Shame - Hoover said somewhat disappointed.

Glad we've explained that part - Truman continued - Eisenhower, you command European theater of war, what exactly happened?

Eisenhower frowned, and stuttered:
Well, ermm... They were running, that I remember. We were chasing them all right. Morale was high and food was good. Patton got a slight diarrhea from overeating blue cheese, but, ermm, that's probably unimportant. And than they turned back and attacked pretty much everywhere. We tried to persuade them it's not the way it's supposed to be, but they refused to learn English, so that plan have failed. And they don't fight fair. They attack when we sleep. Or when everybody celebrate Christmas. Or when Britons have tea. Or when Patton is in the restroom. When we try to defend, they just go around our positions, and we got to move back. When we attack, they wait at some place it's impossible to get them, like a hill, or behind a river. When we played "Indians and cowboys" back in my hometown in Arizona, this was considered cheating!

Truman's tightened his lips ad squeezed his cigar, but constrained himself. After a while he said, very calmly, but through clenched teeth:
Thank you, Mr Eisenhower, for your excellent analysis. May you refer to us, what does your staff officers think of this unfortunate turn of events?

Eisenhower: Oh. they are not sure, either. Some think Germans have realized they will have to eat German food again, and that gave them morale boost. Some think it's also a loss of French women's company. Others say von Rundstedt just wants to be as far as possible from Hitler's gloating.

Oh-Truman said sarcastically - we just have to put Hitler in Paris, so Rundstedt will go the other way.

Eisenhower: That's stupid. We haven't got Hitler - Truman sighed. - But we tried something similar. We transmitted Hitler's gloating from megaphones at von Rundstedt's positions. Unfortunately they attacked pretty much at once with a great ferocity. Von Rundstedt was seen shooting the megaphone personally. Forty-two times.
The most boring of my officer says they're just better at mobile warfare. You know, they always liked that. They have Ferdinand Porsche, and we have Henry Ford. Who will make faster vehicles? But don't worry, Mr Truman, I'm learning and I will match that Guderian fellow. He won't become any better, he's not learning. Our intelligence reported he's into engineering now, probably wants to change a job, or something.

Truman continued: Well, speaking of mobile warfare, general MacArthur, please explain this last maneuver in France, when you run North, instead of running West. Doesn't it put you in danger of encirclement?

With all due respect, sir - MacArthur barked - you don't understand tactics. It's all about swift action and surprising your opponent. When he thinks you'll attack, you must stop. When he thinks you will move west, you move north. It's all in this book "The American Art of War" by Sam Tzu. And they were surprised, I tell you.

Oh, that's original – Truman said, suddenly looking tired. His cigar, forgotten in his hand, was caring long lump of ash at the end - so we have not so good tanks, and we move them in strange ways. I meant surprising ways. But we were supposed too have a lot more of them. Morgentheau, haven't we got enough IC to crush Germans as a bug?

Morgentheu: We have approximately 2 and a half time their industrial capacity, yes.

Truman: So maybe our technicians are worse?

Morgentheau: I believe not, sir. It's true they have great tech teams. Look at this man, for instance:
Jk1HWaE.jpg
His skill is rated nine at our Internal Expertize Scale, and he has numerous specializations. But we have found this man, he started in 1940, and he already does us much good:

images

Just look at this report:
Skill: 15
Areas of expertize:
- enlarging customers
- artificial food production
- brain washing
- cow killing
- underpaying employees

Impressive - Truman nodded - and what is that good that he does?

Look here. Consumer Goods cost us 52, and our people think we give them 65, and don't riot! It's the power of chemical flavors!
Qm0MIbd.jpg

Hoover: I think that McDonald may be a spy. Though he's bad at camouflage, so maybe not...

Truman: And something more, let's say, militaristic?

Morgentheau: We got this Colonel...
images

Truman, somewhat resigned: Not exactly, what I had in mind. Mr Oppenheimer, you're a scientist, what is it you work on?
[the following statement is missing due to spoilers clause in my contract]

Truman: Right. And in layman terms?

Well, Sir - Oppenheimer seemed somewhat disgusted of speaking in layman terms - Einstein stated that energy can be converted to mass, as they are essentially same thing...

Truman - This sounds more crazy, than drunk MacArthur.

MacArthur - No, this makes sense. Two months ago some energy have hit me in the head, and it feels heavier ever since!

Oppenheimer, irritated: This will be a breakthrough, you pigheaded brute!

Yeah, MacArthur - Hoover exclaimed - and are you a spy?

No - MacArthur snapped.

Calm down, gentlemen - Truman intervened - Calm down, man - he muttered to himself - we need
breakthrough at the front. Any chances?

Eisenhower: Yeah, Germans have already made a few.

Truman: No. Our breakthrough. Any plans?

I got some here - Eisenhower fished a map out from his briefcase - it's made by our best strategy team.
7s1oafh.jpg

Truman: That's ambitious.

Eisenhower: They assured me it's totally realistic.

Truman: Wait, what's that? It's called McDonald’s Franchise Expansion Plan!

Eisenhower: Really? Is that bad?

Truman:Oh, nevermind. MacArthur, you have gathered a lot of troops on this God forgotten island.
hHVDF1V.jpg
What do you intent to do with them?

MacArthur: Can't say, it's a secret masterplan.

Truman: It's certainly secret. Say it at once! - I think not. - Speak! -No. - Yes! -No -Please? -Nay. -Yay? -Nope.

Very good, MacArthur - Hoover interrupted - there's a spy here, you know. Somewhere. Maybe I am a spy? - he frowned- No, I wouldn't point at myself, if I was a spy.

We build a giant fleet, you saw it - Morgentheau stated - they will never be able to come to us. Let Nazis kill Soviets and vice versa, Nazis are still outnumbered like 3 to 1. We will rule the seas and maybe even defeat those pesky Japanese. Who knows, Oppenheimer can really do something, given time.

Some sanity, finally. That can work - said Truman - and we can always import Cuban cigars, if we control the seas. What life would be without them...

Who are you? - Eisenhower said abruptly to the tall captain making notes in the corner.

Captain zig_zac, Sir. I'm making notes for the Commander of Allied Forces in Europe.

Eisenhower: Well, you can go now, the meeting comes to an end, I think.

Yes, Sir - said young man and left the room.

Wait - Eisenhower seemed to recall something - aren't I the Commander of Allied Forces in Europe?

Hoover was still mumbling in the background: There is a spy somewhere here, I know it.

That pretty much concludes the meeting. Of course I must mention that Roosevelt is on another meeting, drinking with Stalin and smoking with Churchill. Couldn't make it somehow (was terribly sorry) and maybe that’s kept him from turning into ruthless powermonger from benevolent gentleman. After all, the secret of being gentleman is to seek right company.

Reactions:
Gukpa: The Soviets are deploying a huge army, with tons of tanks. I didn't think Russia would deploy so much here, so I have very little in the area to oppose them...

zig_zac: It's excellent!

Previously, on the AAR…
• Operation: DISTRACTION sees the successful conquest of Leningrad! The garrison escaped intact however. Stage 2 will be an attempted landing in Jelgava.
• A British attack on the Gothic Line is repulsed and punished by a swift counterattack. Operation: BOOTSTRAP begins!
• All along the Eastern Front, Soviet attacks are repulsed, at heavy cost.

Which brings us to…

The Darkest Hour
February 1945
Week 2: The Long Week
Part 1: How Soft Your Fields So Green

At his request, General Rendulic is transferred to lead a panzer corps currently resting and refitting in Germany. Guderian wryly suggested sending Himmler to lead Army Group Scandinavia.

hyRlnJk.jpg

There are around 9 divisions resting and refitting in Germany at the moment.

12YrYvR.jpg

Guderian’s HQ 3:00 February 8th

Guderian was originally planning another attack on Radom- but decided taking Krakow should be a priority. Reclaiming Krakow will stabilize the front in the south and should give von Manstein some operational freedom.

C7wJFkD.jpg

59 divisions, many of which are armored, vs 19 infantry. Barring extraordinary circumstances, this should be a quick win. Guderian also heard reports of an attack on Grenoble, though that is von Rundstedt’s jurisdiction, not his.

GFpTBOQ.jpg

On board the Gneisenau 8:00

Grand Admiral Saalwaechter sails his ships as close to shore as he can. Jelgava is undefended!

ANg8d8U.jpg

Model’s HQ 9:00

Geyr von Schweppenburg reported making contact with Hodges’ armored divisions. According to him, only one of these divisions was in fighting condition. Model was pleased!

Bue0HC0.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ 10:00

“Smilin' Al” Kesselring ordered the familiar attack on Tilsit. But this time, he intends to stay!

zX9coyg.jpg

Von Manstein’s HQ 12:00

Von Manstein was leading an attack on Banska Bystrica. Though the two armies were matched on paper, the Russians were far too demoralized to put up a fight. If both his and Guderian’s counterattacks succeeded, the Red Army might be beaten back in this sector… Von Manstein just needs to push a little more!

4MZpnWi.jpg

Meanwhile, at von Weichs’ HQ

Von Weichs was disappointed- apparently, the British had reinforced Italy unbeknownst to him. Nonetheless, he still has overwhelming firepower.

zfkPrkD.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ 21:00

Victory in Tilsit, as expected. 500 Russkies for a negligible number of Germans.

CLXezd9.jpg

Von Manstein’s HQ 1:00 February 9th

Reinforcements arrive in Bratislava. It’s not enough at the moment, but more are on the way…

4BhcTY9.jpg

Schellenberg’s office 2:00

A strange noise woke Walther Schellenberg up in the middle of the night and he was unable to sleep again. Luckily, it reminded him change IG Farben’s research!

qhfvJqY.jpg

Guderian’s HQ 14:00

Victory in Warsaw! The Soviets had tried to reinforce it, but Warsaw only became a meatgrinder for them- 20,000 suffered for only 2,500 Germans!

dQx7DIY.jpg

Von Manstein’s HQ 19:00

More reinforcements trickle into Bratislava- it’s still not enough though… Von Manstein is extremely anxious. If he wins in Banska Bystrica, the Soviet line would be broken. If he loses Bratislava, the German line will be instead… and Russia has a lot more space and a lot more men than Germany does.

fOw7MUC.jpg

Meanwhile…

Field Marshal Jaenecke safely lands in Jelgava- where he was trapped not too long ago. The road to Klaipeda is clear!

cV9Ba80.jpg

Von Rundstedt’s HQ 0:00 February 10

Von Rundstedt’s drive to the coast is thwarted by the arrival of fresh-faced French troops. Von Rundstedt decides to give his men some much needed rest.

taWbGSa.jpg

Meanwhile…

Kesselring orders troops from Koenigsburg to launch a pinning attack on Klaipeda, to ensure none of the 10 divisions slip out. The troops won’t last long but they hopefully will delay any evacuation planned by the Russkies.

5kJoUat.jpg

Meanwhile…

Von Manstein sensed he was near victory when reports started pouring in of Russians within the vicinity of his own headquarters. Frustrated, he was forced to bring the troops back to meet the approaching army. 10,000 men were lost on both sides, but the Russian army there, including several tank divisions, is shattered.

mXwPD1A.jpg

Meanwhile…

qE6Ntih.jpg

VVVnhTZ.jpg

Generals Rendulic and Dietrich and their troops are deemed battle-worthy- at least by the standards of the Eastern Front- and redeploy by train to certain trouble spots.

-End Part 1-

• All numbers rounded:
• Approximate Dead Russian count this update (so far): 30,500
• ADR overall (starting February): 146,000
• Approximate Dead German count (on Eastern Front) this update (so far): 12,500
• ADG overall (on Eastern Front) as of February 1st: 57,250
• Killed in Warsaw: 24,500 Russians, 2,750 Germans

Part 2 will be posted in an hour or so.

serutan: I was being a touch dramatic.

Pt. 2: Whisper Tales of Gore

Guderian’s HQ 0:00 February 8

The Soviets refused to budge from Krakow- this was rapidly turning into a bloodbath for them. Mercifully, Field Marshal List ordered an assault to kick them out before the Soviets gutted the rest of their army here.

ucn0Ydv.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ 9:00

The Russkies’s tank division in Klaipeda escaped, and 3 other divisions in Klaipeda have disappeared- the Russkies must have moved them by rail. At least Kesselring will be able to punish the escaping tank division!

IJ7bOTE.jpg

Meanwhile, at von Rundstedt’s HQ…

The Americans launch a counter-attack on Bourg-en-Bresse. Several of those divisions are looking very ragged.

nQn4QBw.jpg

Meanwhile, at Model’s HQ…

General MacArthur takes command of the battle of Falaise, immediately ordering a delaying action. Model notices the 9th Armored ‘Phantom’ Division consists of only 10 tanks.

g4cvdZl.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ 18:00

Kesselring orders an attack on Plock, to secure Army Group Poland’s northern flank and, of course, to liberate Prussian lands! The attack is not going terrific at the moment, but the panzers are on their way and should tip the battle in his favor.

J3j2ryV.jpg

Meanwhile, at Guderian’s HQ…

The Soviets throw yet more men into Warsaw. Warsaw is rapidly becoming the Soviet Union’s Stalingrad. Err, well, Germany’s Stalingr- let’s just say it’s becoming Russia’s Verdun.

ZFdt4NT.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ 8:00 February 11:00

The tank division is forced to retreat, losing 58 tanks and 2,500 men. Not even 200 Germans die in the attack.

Akccv7J.jpg

Guderian’s HQ 9:00

Victory in Krakow! Russia loses 20,000 men to 10,000 Germans. This should help stabilize the front.

iegdiDF.jpg

Meanwhile, at von Manstein’s HQ…

German reinforcements continue to pour into Bratislava. The crisis has passed!

lylZdv9.jpg

7,000 Russians for 4,250 Germans.

euMlrk3.jpg

Model’s HQ 0:00 February 12

American infantry retreating from Chartres arrive in Falaise. Only a single infantry division is really able to fight, and the 9th Armored continues to put up spirited resistance, despite consisting of only a single tank squadron.

TS7BCmf.jpg

MacArthur orders a counterattack? Is this really the right moment? Model shrugs his shoulders, if MacArthur wants to make things easy for him, he can go right ahead.

fGXPW9H.jpg

General Brandenburger will seize Caen! Only another nearly nonexistent armored “division” stands in his way.

G2Wwz6s.jpg

Model leads an attack on Evreux, to make sure the relatively intact infantry don’t reinforce Falaise or Caen.

EMQFAz8.jpg

Stunningly enough, MacArthur’s counterattack tactics work! Just kidding, he just ends up annihilating one of his own divisions. Hopefully, MacArthur will continue the counterattack long enough to destroy the “armored” “divisions.”

J4MmQED.jpg

A counterattack is launched in Caen as well. Model can’t help but find this hilarious- MacArthur retreats across all of Belgium and most of France, only to stand and fight when his army is already nearly destroyed? It makes no sense! MacArthur evidently was impressed by Japanese suicide attacks during his Pacific campaigns. Apparently, he has forgotten how suicide attacks tend to end.

5esObJD.jpg

Guderian’s HQ 16:00

Another 12,000 Russians die in return for 2,000 Germans. If Guderian is lucky, the Soviets will reinforce the city again!

EkbD8Jw.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ 20:00
Another pinning attack is launched on Klaipeda. The Russkies only have six divisions left here, but it still counts for something. The Russkies launch an attack on Tilsit.

toSkKIk.jpg

IQgX9AO.jpg

Guderian’s HQ 3:00 February 13

Perhaps there is a God after all.

w4MMf0z.jpg

-End Part 2-​

• ADR this update (pt. 1 and 2): 71,500
• ADG this update (pt 1 and 2): 19,000
• Warsaw: 36,500 Russians, 4750 Germans

Jape: :mad: [video=youtube_share;Di2bA3QMbfc]http://youtu.be/Di2bA3QMbfc?t=3s[/video] (Start at 4:10)

Part 3: We Are Your Overlords

Von Rundstedt’s HQ, 3:00 February 13

The only Allied forces still fighting in Bourg-en-Bresse are the French. The American divisions are looking very haggard…

uqNAUXP.jpg

A French division attacks the southern pincer at Avignon. Also, Japanese planes have flown across Eurasia to patrol the skies of France? Given their traitorous tendencies, they may be doing reconnaissance!

jHPsocT.jpg

Von Manstein’s HQ 9:00

The Soviet attack on Maribor is nearly successful… A third of the Soviet Union’s armor is involved in the attack! General Dietrich will arrive by train in a few days; Dietrich’s tanks will surely turn the tide of the battle.

Vfeyv0Y.jpg

Von Rundstedt’s HQ 14:00

Victory at Chambery! The noose is tightening; 5 divisions will be trapped in Grenoble soon enough. 1,500 Germans are lost along with 1,500 Italians. 3,500 Americans (or French- it’s unclear) are lost along with a small number of French (or Americans). Model reports the only American division still fighting in Falaise is the 106th ‘Golden Lions’ Division. Well, so is the non-existent 9th Armored ‘Phantom’ Division.

xml9FU8.jpg

Meanwhile, at von Weichs’ HQ…

Ooohhhh Alanbrooke, you silly sod.

hj9xueh.jpg

Model’s HQ, 16:00

Have the Americans been promised 72 virgins or something?

zRb09VW.jpg

Reports are trickling in of victory at Zilina- current estimates are 15,000 Russians lost to only 5,000 Germans. The 9th Armored ‘Phantom’ Division is starting to live up to its name, as it consists of not even a hundred men or 5 tanks.

aa0vTUa.jpg

Guderian’s HQ 22:00

To the Vistula! It’s time to throw back the Bolshevik invader.

rDLC0iU.jpg

Meanwhile, at von Rundstedt’s HQ…

Another American division disintegrates under fire. This isn’t a war, it’s an extermination. Von Hubicki uses delaying tactics to keep the Americans in the fight longer- it’s easier to let the Americans come to him to die, than to have to chase them after all.

8ILHsSI.jpg

Von Manstein’s HQ 7:00 February 14

The Soviet armored corps looks a little exposed in Ljubljana. An encirclement is unlikely, but well worth a try.

mszXSgl.jpg

Model’s HQ 9:00

Germany’s troops have been marching for two months straight with almost no rest- Model knew a mutiny was inevitable. Von Rundstedt’s words echo in his head… Model would let the men rest for only a few hours- there will be time to sleep after the Americans are wiped out!

HBlC5mR.jpg

Meanwhile, at Guderian’s HQ

The Soviet tank force in Radom reinforces Warsaw- Guderian gives a slight smile. Any chance of holding Radom is gone, and Warsaw was a lost cause from the beginning… When will the Russians realize this? Hopefully after they’ve bled their entire army dry. Apparently, Russian soldiers are calling Warsaw, “The City of the Dead.’

sznsnub.jpg

4ItOu9a.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ 10:00

Reinforcements arrive in Tilsit- the Russkies will soon be trapped in Klaipeda! MacArthur finally withdraws from Falaise, losing 2,000 men and 20 tanks (almost a fifth of his entire army). 500 Germans are lost (less than a fifth of Model’s army, to say the least).

T5KY6yF.jpg

The Russkies disengage from Tilsit, as expected. 1500 of them, for 500 of us.

5e8bO0x.jpg

Kesselring decides to call off his attack on Plock- hopefully they will reinforce Warsaw. 25,000 Russkies die to 15,000 Germans.

HlDCdGV.jpg

Another lone division? Easy pickings.

GYpdw1O.jpg

Von Rundstedt’s HQ 15:00

More Frenchmen enter the battle. Reinforcements are on the way however, and the French are using obsolete equipment anyway.

RIaGn8Q.jpg

Model’s HQ 18:00

General Hodges wants to battle! General Hodges sent out PAPER ARMY. ACTUAL ARMY, I choose you! Who will win this epic battle? WHO?!?

aHyQ3sE.jpg

On board the Gneisenau 21:00

Field Marshal Jaenecke is attacked in Jelgava! After careful consideration, Jaenecke decides to keep pushing towards Siauliai. Grand Admiral Saalwaechter is on stand-by to pick him and his men up if need be.

TaWviwL.jpg

-End Week-
• ADR this update: 113,000
• ADR overall: 259,000
• ADG this update: 52,000
• ADG overall: 109,250
• Warsaw: 36,500 Russians and counting, 4,750 Germans and counting
• Remember, those numbers are only from 2 weeks of fighting- sobering, isn’t it? The Russians have lost a quarter of a million men in just 2 weeks… and if they insist on continuing the battle of Warsaw, it’s only going to get worse for them.
• “This isn’t a war, this is an extermination” is, of course, from War of the Worlds. Let’s hope the Americans don’t sneeze on me.
• Operation DISTRACTION might be a little gamey, but then again, so is the fact my tanks can miraculously move without any oil.
• At the moment, I’d say Army Group Prussia and Army Group Poland are completely stable. Army Group Danube is stabilizing rapidly. Army Group Balkans is currently the only chink in my armor…
• While one cannot run from a trainer battle, it is, fortunately for Hodges, possible to run from a general battle.
• My armies in France are exhausted, but if I stop to rest, the Allies may finally get their act together.
• It’s a strange world, when one fears the arrival of Frenchmen over Americans!
• Dietrich will kommen… Dietrich will kommen…

Last edited:
And so the 'inexhaustible' reserves of Soviet Manpower are finally beginning to bleed out, albeit at great cost.

The Western front is less gruesome and more entertaining. MacArthur is either a dolt or reasoning that the increased org damage is worth throwing away entire divisions... and the 'phantom' division just cracked me up again and again, as did the Pokemon trainer joke. Does an 88mm gun beat paper? I suppose if the divisions actually cease to have any actual strength you'll be in trouble though, killing an idea is famously tough!

The oil issue represents them being able to scavenge from captured or disabled vehicles, depots etc, it's inefficient but it sort of keeps them moving. You need to get some damn oil though, and some org'd up divisions would help, you want to close out the west so you can finally reinforce the East. Breaking Italy would also help.

This is too awesome to explain in words !

But still, try negotiate some oil from Venezuela or Spain. If you can resist without oil, and even pushing the Soviets back, imagine what you could do with oil!
You'll have to bring Romania back into Axis as soon as possible.

It is Šiauliai, not "Siauliai".
And it is Klaipėda, not ,,Klaipeda".
:p

It's Schaulen, not "Šiauliai".
And it's Memelland, not "Klaipėda".
:p

Nein nein nein.

Klaipėdos kraštas - Memelland
Klaipėda - Memel

P. S. It would be funny if German high command would be lost in the translation of the provinces.
Imagine the horrors seeing Cyrillic script.
And German Far East force in the Far East - renaming everything it sees.

Two things. First of all, I noticed one of Hodges' armored divisions, 9th Armored 'Phantom' Division, has a strength of zero (fittingly enough). Is there any way, bar loading up as the Americans which I'd rather not do, to get rid of the division? It must be a glitch, and besides, I'll take any help I can get. Also, another of Hodges' armored divisions has only 1 strength, so if there is a way to remove the divisions without loading up as the USA, would the readAARS be fine with removing them as well? I'm iffy about that, but it does seem a little ridiculous the Amis would have a tank division with no tanks.

Second, Teivel will be doing two Soviet updates, one a soldier's perspective which I believe will be going up this week or next, and a cabinet meeting March 1st (in game). I would love to get more contributAARs, so please don't be shy! I'm envisioning a midweek readAAR contribution every week, with cabinet meetings by the month (in-game). Let me re-iterate, the updates can be in any style you want. If you would like to contribute, please message me and it will be arranged.