• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Korona

Aon dochar
71 Badges
Nov 27, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
latest

Greetings, and welcome to The Void, my first Stellaris AAR. For this game, I will be playing as a custom human nation, the United Nations of Sol, an indirect democracy that values expansion and exploration over everything else. I'm playing this on Ironman with no mods or DLC enabled. With luck, I will be able to avoid total implosion and my empire will rule over all of space. My first update will cover the formation of the United Nations of Sol, and then I'll be updating in regular intervals of each leader's term. EDIT: To avoid confusion, I changed the name of this AAR from The Long Dark to The Void.

Table of Contents
Prologue (2016-2200)

Last edited:
Prologue
United in Sol
The formation of the United Nations of Sol (AKA UNS) is arguably the greatest achievement of diplomacy in the history of humankind. Humankind was at a stalemate in 2016, various nationstates were locked in petty disputes, feuds and wars. This geopolitical quagmire continued until 2158, the day that the team of Abhijit Modi and Jonathan Stakes broke the speed of light. Managing to separate an object, and propel it into what seems to be a different dimension, humankind's fate was changed forever. Debate began almost instantaneously over who was to be the master of this technology, and if it weren't for Modi's quick thinking of securing this information in a heavily encrypted computer, Earth might be a very different place today.

Seeing what could devolve into a conflict, the Secretary-General of the UN called an emergency meeting of the General Assembly and the Security Council to decide who would be given control of this groundbreaking technology. Debate raged for 4 months, before Secretary-General Meredith Vasquez introduced the United Nations Resolution to Centralize or the UNRC. The UNRC proposed that all governments of the world serve in a highly decentralized confederation, where each country of the Earth maintains it's own head of state and head of government, and mostly decides it's own legislature, except for resolutions passed by the Security Council (this is not a major issue, as the Security Council usually passes under 10 resolutions each decade). Each nation elected a delegate to the UN, who served in the General Assembly as the representative of that nation, while the head of state of 15 randomly selected nations served on the United Nations Security Council. This established a bicameral legislature, with the President of the United Nations as the head of state, and the Secretary-General as the head of government. The UNRC passed by a very slim margin, and in 2162, the United Nations of Sol was officially declared.

As expected, the first few years of the UNS were troubled, and it seemed that the fragile union that so many worked so hard to establish was going to implode. However, greater minds prevailed, and the UNS managed to survive past it's infancy, albeit in a much weaker form. One of the chief goals of the UNS was to ensure equal distribution of technology, and because of this, every nation on Earth had access to the Modi-Stakes Hyperdrive. This unprecedented access to such advanced technology led to the rapid increase of space program's budgets, and by 2180, the first UN starship was launched, as a result of a joint Chinese-American effort. Christened the UNSS (United Nations of Sol Ship) Into Heavens, the launch of this ship signified the ascendance of mankind into space. Rapid development began, and by 2200, the UNS had built an extensive network of shipyards above the planet, and the UNS had a motley collection of science ships, combat vessels, and construction ships in orbit above Earth. In the year 2200, humankind truly was in the Space Age.