• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(29591)

Sergeant
May 24, 2004
The United States and the War for Freedom

The initial union of the American states was fragile and unstable. Though weak and plagued with startling disadvantages the fledgling nation stood fast and held on to its ideals. Despite the hard years that faced the intrepid freedom fighters in the Americas these people always remained strong at heart and just in action. Founded upon a foundation of steel and blood the would be empire of the United States began to thrive in the late 1700s. Unfortunately though before its people could prosper the weakly bound confederation of colonies would need to stand up for its God given rights.

This is the story of that perilous and tragic war of independence. A conflict in which brethren raised arms against each other. In the following words I will do my best to describe the war that would do much to change the future of the Americas.

Notes

*Europa Universalis unpatched English version
*Some annoying game setting in which I usually fail
*No cheating I dislike that
*Mildly decent narrative form writin
*Your comments and/or suggestions are wanted
*This is my second AAR attempt. My first failed when the EU save corrupted hopefuly I've learned my lesson.

I hope this sparks some interest. First real update in about a day, or so time.

Good luck, Baron! I'll be following this one!

Regarding saved game crashes - you might want to track down the last version for EU1 (1.10 I believe?) I can't speak for EU1, but I know EU2, CK and Vicky all had major problems early on, including the possibility of corrupted save files, that took time to work out.

I agree, 1.10 is quite essential, because you don't crash much or get corrupified often. Other than that, I wish you the best of luck. :D Try not to get eaten by that there British Empire, them'uns're tough cookies. ;)