• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ixarys

Second Lieutenant
20 Badges
Apr 2, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Under the benevolent monitory of @Qorten and @Mr. Capiatlist

Greetings, greetings ! First let me do a little announcement :

Votes do NOT happen on this topic ! Please vote on this discord server : https://discord.gg/wV8Pfmk . This topic is for posts and "classical" reactions on the AAR

That being said, let me introduce you to this AAR.

This AAR will be a fully interactive one, meaning you, the readers, shall give the main directions of the story. Decisions will be chosen through majority.
My main inspiration is the Spamkingdoms series of Bay12 forum. However, to avoid spam on the AAR's topic, votes will be made on a dedicated Discord server, whose link is above. Vote system is explained on the Discord server, but the options will be displayed in the end of most posts on this topic.
Options proposed by players are made on Discord as well, not on this topic.

I will use the console codes on the AAR to create some home-made events, so most experimented voters on CK2 cannot perfectly predict the weight of their decisions. Plus it allows me to tweak difficulty if needed, and make the story more distinctive of a lambda CK2 game.

The time between each post will be variable. It can be days, months or seasons, depending of the context and when I feel choices can be interesting to make.
For time let to vote, I generally offer a day or more so players can vote. It can be more if it is an important decision, but I generally do not go less than a day.

And as you probably already noticed, I am not a native speaker. You will have to carry on with my clumsy turn of phrase ! :p

To start the game, we need :
- A setup
- A period
- A character

For the character, you will vote between six characters randomly chosen.
But for this, we need to choose a period.
And to choose a period, we need a setup.

So this will be our first vote !

Will our AAR happen :
A) In good old vanilla Crusader Kings 2 ?
B) In Crusader Kings 2 + ?
C) In Historical Immersion Project ?
D) In A Game Of Thrones ?
E) In After The End ?
F) In When The World Stop Making Sense ?

And don't forget ! Votes are made on the Discord server, not on this topic !

So you choose the game will happens in Vanilla CK2 !

Now we have to choose a period ?
A)The Viking Age (867) ?
B) The Iron Century (936) ?
C) The High Middle Ages (1066) ?
D) The Latin Empire (1204) ?
E) The Age of Mongols (1220) ?
F) The Late Middle Ages (1337) ?

NB : I don't have Charlemagne DLC, this is why we cannot start in 769

And don't forget ! Votes are made on the Discord server, not on this topic !

The period shall be the Latin Empire period (1204) !

Now we just need to choose between 6 randomly chosen characters to start the game.
Dices are rolling...

Our first candidate is a cuman khan, vassal of the khagan of Cumania : khan Çilbu, of Sakmara !

Next one is the king of the only jewish kingdom of the known world, king Solomon of Semien, in Ethiopia !

And here we have Kamadeva, thakur of Banavasi and vassal of the hinduist king of Hoysala.

But it is not done yet ! Deep into armenian mountains, we have Avig, count of Avi and vassal of the kingdom of Georgia.

In Europe, we have the duke of Upper Lorraine, Simon II, of the Holy Roman Empire.

And finally, the sunni chief of Bauchi, near the shores of the Lake Chad : Daoud.

Which character do you want to choose ?
A) The cuman khan, Çilbu
B) The jewish ethiopian king, Solomon
C) The hinduist thakur of Banavasi, Kamadeva
D) The georgian count of Avi, Avig
E) The duke of Upper Lorraine, Simon II
F) The chief of Bauchi, Daoud
G) Reroll 6 new characters

Votes are here :

You will play Solomon Gideon, King of the jewish kingdom of Semien !

My game rules shall not be much surprising. No religious cult to avoid religiously flip shenanigans, no absurd or supernatural events, shattered retreat on because I'll roleplay anyway the wars and its spoils.
Provincial revolts will be less frequents, but twice powerful than usual. Don't mess with the masses !
Vassal limit is off, because it's actually easier to have less vassals than a bunch of them.
NAP blocking factions is off too, because it's too easy to block every faction by marrying your children with your vassals.

Oh, and keep in mind that acting contrary to your character's personnality may cause him some health issues, like stress and more.
And sometimes, you will have no choices and have to manage despite those actions.

Welcome to the harsh world of CK2.
Good luck !

-------------------------------------------------------------------

16 May 1204

Since the death of your father 3 years ago, you are the king of the only jewish realm in the known world, the kingdom of Beta Israel, in Ethiopia, better known as kingdom of Semien.
You spent your first three years consolidating your power amongst your vassals, marrying the daughter of an influential patriarch from a minor noble house in Semien.
You never had much time to squander on your marital duty, with a wife you never appreciated anyway. You respect hard work, she enjoys lazing around. You are authoritative and quick to yell, she is quiet, chatty and provided with a patience close to her laziness.
Even worse : you are both ambitious, but you need her at your side, as she balances your lacking talent in the management of your realm.

You are squeezed in miaphysite territory, jews converted centuries ago by christians priests sent to proselytize. Independent, but always fragile, your ancestors managed to survive, breaking free from the Axum's rule.

But today, Christianity is in disarray. Far in the north, christians murdered each other for the great city of Constantinople. The Eastern Roman Empire is broken.
Your lost brothers of Ethiopia are alone, afraid, cut off from the rest of Christianity by the great Ayyubid Sultanate.

What will you be remember for ?

What is your long-term project ?
A) Prepare for war ! By sword and steel, we will exploit any weaknesses to expand the kingdom of Semien
B) We must be friendly and compassionate with our neighbours, to show we mean no harm
C) We must brace ourselves to prepare for the dark days ahead

What is your stance towards christians in Ethiopia ?
A) Open. They are our lost brothers, after all
B) Indifferent, as long as they carry on their lives without religious excess
C) Harsh. We must illuminate them - by force if needed !

Votes are here :

Last edited: