• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well, got a few things to report, first off the flag ext is kinda off for GEA resulting in the flag not showing properly, secondly the ministers for the Nanjing Clique randomly changed after I exited and reloaded to the ordinary ROC ministers (that occassionally show up in TGC when you get rid of Sun Zhongshan.) I would say more about the Qing but most of it has been already said.(MAN is a tag that can be used in lieu of CHI when the Qing are "restored".)
1) There were some minor issues with the naming, which resulted in quite the chaotic handling of the GEA's flag ext. I'm working on something for soon-to-be-released 1.01;
2) The issue isn't limited to China, but it can happen to france. As I can't locate the issue within the files just yet, I've set some persistent events that will adjust the ministers in due time;
3) I've contemplated about it too, but as of now the MAN tag has been planned to be used for something else about Qing.
Some things I noticed while playing as Germany until march 1925 (the British Revolution):
- The techs have been updated for a start in 1920 (a bit too generous here and there perhaps) but the units have still the same tech level as in 1914. Also the building queu has not changed. One would think that those ships would have been ready by then.
- When the Kingdom of Two Sicilies declares Independance in January 1920, Germany for some reason loses Malta.
- The flag of German East Asia does not show properly.
- Ethiopia loses Eritrea when Egypt becomes independent in march 1921 even though the later has no claims or cores to the area. There seems to be no event for Ethiopia about this either.
- The problems with colonies during the British Revolution has not been completely solved. For some strange reason Germany gets the greater part of the Dutch East Indies. Only Northern Borneo (formerly British) should become German.
1) The building queue will be updated soon through 1.01 patch;
2) The issue has been already corrected in 1.01 patch;
3) ^^^;
4) ^^^;
5) ^^^;

The 1.01 patch will be released in a couple of hours from now. Just the time to apply corrections, compress folder in Rar and upload it.

1) There were some minor issues with the naming, which resulted in quite the chaotic handling of the GEA's flag ext. I'm working on something for soon-to-be-released 1.01;
2) The issue isn't limited to China, but it can happen to france. As I can't locate the issue within the files just yet, I've set some persistent events that will adjust the ministers in due time;
3) I've contemplated about it too, but as of now the MAN tag has been planned to be used for something else about Qing.
The first one is easy to fix, however I would suppose the second problem has something to do with the scenario file for the nanjing clique or France not being set up correctly.
What you still including the Rework stuff involving south China yet not the north? (as I know a battle scenario was released in 1.9.2 detailing the rework.)

Oh, I don’t get why Kenya, Uganda, Zanzibar, Sudan, Egypt, Malaya, North Borneo, and the Pacific Islands aren’t British (surely you could’ve just grab the scenario files from the 1914 scenario and edit the owned and controlled provinces to make it accurate to the pre-revolutionary situation.)

according to the old wiki the French civil war should still be ongoing as it doesn’t end until June 1920 according to this article: http://editthis.info/kaiserreich/Commune_of_France#The_French_Civil_War

the scenario files would probably help with those issues.

Last edited:
The first one is easy to fix, however I would suppose the second problem has something to do with the scenario file for the nanjing clique or France not being set up correctly.
What you still including the Rework stuff involving south China yet not the north? (as I know a battle scenario was released in 1.9.2 detailing the rework.)
I've looked thoroughly at the Scenario files to try and find problems, both through program and directly through the coding, but there was nothing that could be fixed in there since everything seems to be in order. I've included both North and South China bits for the rework, but the battle scenario is set in 1926 and between that date and 1920 there are a couple of events that create the same conditions for the Northern Expedition.

Oh, I don’t get why Kenya, Uganda, Zanzibar, Sudan, Egypt, Malaya, North Borneo, and the Pacific Islands aren’t British (surely you could’ve just grab the scenario files from the 1914 scenario and edit the owned and controlled provinces to make it accurate to the pre-revolutionary situation.)
Kenya was already German, Sudan is under Ottoman control as it's part of the Khedivate of Egypt which was awarded to Ottomans, the Peace of Honor gives some pacific colonies to Germany. The UK wasn't left unscathed and I wouldn't rely too much on what the old pages of the wiki says, especially when they get contradicted a lot by the newest pages.

according to the old wiki the French civil war should still be ongoing as it doesn’t end until June 1920 according to this article: http://editthis.info/kaiserreich/Commune_of_France#The_French_Civil_War
Especially the French Civil War page. In fact, there is this page dedicated to the 1936 HoS which refers to the CGT takeover as a revolution than a Civil War. I've been wary from actually putting too much trust into the page since the mods there aren't fixing the old bits of the lore that have been retconned.

the scenario files would probably help with those issues.
Yes, that's why I've been working with those since day 1. But thank you for the advice.

I've looked thoroughly at the Scenario files to try and find problems, both through program and directly through the coding, but there was nothing that could be fixed in there since everything seems to be in order. I've included both North and South China bits for the rework, but the battle scenario is set in 1926 and between that date and 1920 there are a couple of events that create the same conditions for the Northern Expedition.

Kenya was already German, Sudan is under Ottoman control as it's part of the Khedivate of Egypt which was awarded to Ottomans, the Peace of Honor gives some pacific colonies to Germany. The UK wasn't left unscathed and I wouldn't rely too much on what the old pages of the wiki says, especially when they get contradicted a lot by the newest pages.

Especially the French Civil War page. In fact, there is this page dedicated to the 1936 HoS which refers to the CGT takeover as a revolution than a Civil War. I've been wary from actually putting too much trust into the page since the mods there aren't fixing the old bits of the lore that have been retconned.

Yes, that's why I've been working with those since day 1. But thank you for the advice.
this page on the wiki says it was a civil war, well, in fact the Egypt page says something different, the whole Peace with Honor article says no territory of Britain, Portugal and Japan would be transfered to Germany, naturally it would include Egypt-Sudan, Cyprus, Kuwait, Kenya, Uganda or the Malay Territories. the British Pacific Possessions would also be exept from the transference to Germany.

this page on the wiki says it was a civil war, well, in fact the Egypt page says something different, the whole Peace with Honor article says no territory of Britain, Portugal and Japan would be transfered to Germany, naturally it would include Egypt-Sudan, Cyprus, Kuwait, Kenya, Uganda or the Malay Territories. the British Pacific Possessions would also be exept from the transference to Germany.
The Commune of France page is outdated (Last change was in early 2019, before there were some retcons to the origins of the Commune). Once again, you aren't accepting legitimate explanations. The page of the Peace with Honor states that the treaty is a 'formal white peace', but not a nominal one. It follows the Nine Articles from the 1919 Ceasefire, which the ninth one states that the Allied Powers have to abide by the minor territorial treaties imposed by the victors of the weltkrieg. The Egyptian Khedivate was 'nominally' under British control, but the Ottomans had a large influence over politics despite their inability to breach through the Suez Channel, Sudan was part of the Khedivate/now-Sultanate. Kuwait was occupied following the closure of the Arab Revolt, with the small nation pledging support to the rebels and declaring war on the Ottomans, ending up annexed by the German-Ottoman operations against the Arab Nationalists. The Pacific Isles were abadoned by the British and French following the rising of instability within their countries, especially France when the CGT took over Paris and imposed a provisional government.

according to the Cyprus page on the wiki, only Cyprus was transferred to the Turks in 1921, Egypt and Sudan remained under British occupation until 1925. (even then it wouldn't go under Ottoman direct control given it was a tributary state since 1867) inferring out of that situation and with the Copenhagen Armistice being a white peace (with the eventual exclusion of Cyprus) Egypt, Sudan, Kenya, Uganda and Zanzibar should technically still be under British rule.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,

The idea with this mod in terms of creating a "fusion" between The Grand Campaign (TGC) and Kaiserreich is quite intriguing and the work thus far is commendable.

Simply writing this message to say "Cheers!" with the effort made thus far by the development team (which seems to be one person?) towards creating this mod! Not sure if the mod is still active or not -- however considering many Darkest Hour mods are ~10 years old, then there's no reason to qualify a mod as "dead" simply because of inactivity for a given time period in the mod's relevant forum thread. And this last comment is funny because in order to post in this thread the box had to be checked indicating recognition that this thread has been inactive for over five months!

Also, after reading through many of the threads within this forum, have noticed there is plenty of interest within the Darkest Hour community for a 1917 scenario for TGC. In that scenario -- which is a pivotal year, historically speaking -- one can sway the course of the Russian Revolution, and of course WW1, and the entire course of events for the twentieth century! On this note, the year 1917 can arguably be considered as the most significant year of the twentieth century. Such a 1917 scenario also has the possibility of taking one down either the TGC historical path to WW2, a different path of one's choosing, or the path this thread's Kaiserreich-TGC Fusion mod has proposed. So, once again, "Cheers!" with the effort made in this project thus far!

[To clarify: am aware this mod does not begin in 1917 -- but 1920. The point was made in conjunction with the Kaiserreich lore which surely depends on how the events of 1917 unfold. For instance, the Russian ("Bolshevik Revolution") and the USA's entrance into the war definitely swayed the course of the events that followed.]

Finally, am personally aware of the 1917 scenario within the "Peace Without Victory" mod so one has the option of a 1917 scenario there. Nevertheless, as this thread's mod demonstrates: TGC offers one the possibility of creating a Kaiserreich "fusion" which in itself is -- again -- rather intriguing! Not to mention, of course, that the "Peace Without Victory" mod seemed to be originally built off of TGC (although personally cannot confirm this point) therefore once again indicating the signficance of TGC in terms of providing a basis for "fusion" type mods.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hello,

The idea with this mod in terms of creating a "fusion" between The Grand Campaign (TGC) and Kaiserreich is quite intriguing and the work thus far is commendable.

Simply writing this message to say "Cheers!" with the effort made thus far by the development team (which seems to be one person?) towards creating this mod! Not sure if the mod is still active or not -- however considering many Darkest Hour mods are ~10 years old, then there's no reason to qualify a mod as "dead" simply because of inactivity for a given time period in the mod's relevant forum thread. And this last comment is funny because in order to post in this thread the box had to be checked indicating recognition that this thread has been inactive for over five months!

Also, after reading through many of the threads within this forum, have noticed there is plenty of interest within the Darkest Hour community for a 1917 scenario for TGC. In that scenario -- which is a pivotal year, historically speaking -- one can sway the course of the Russian Revolution, and of course WW1, and the entire course of events for the twentieth century! On this note, the year 1917 can arguably be considered as the most significant year of the twentieth century. Such a 1917 scenario also has the possibility of taking one down either the TGC historical path to WW2, a different path of one's choosing, or the path this thread's Kaiserreich-TGC Fusion mod has proposed. So, once again, "Cheers!" with the effort made in this project thus far!

[To clarify: am aware this mod does not begin in 1917 -- but 1920. The point was made in conjunction with the Kaiserreich lore which surely depends on how the events of 1917 unfold. For instance, the Russian ("Bolshevik Revolution") and the USA's entrance into the war definitely swayed the course of the events that followed.]

Finally, am personally aware of the 1917 scenario within the "Peace Without Victory" mod so one has the option of a 1917 scenario there. Nevertheless, as this thread's mod demonstrates: TGC offers one the possibility of creating a Kaiserreich "fusion" which in itself is -- again -- rather intriguing! Not to mention, of course, that the "Peace Without Victory" mod seemed to be originally built off of TGC (although personally cannot confirm this point) therefore once again indicating the signficance of TGC in terms of providing a basis for "fusion" type mods.
First thing first, thank you for the kind words.

I wish to say a couple of things about the project:
1) The Mod is still being worked on (Still alone, trying to get things to work smoothly for good while also experimenting major changes to Technology Trees and expanding the Ministers/Tech Teams available to some nations.);
2) The reason why there is an interest to a late-WW1 Scenario ties up to the fact that 1917 is not only the turning point for WW1 for both Central Powers and Entente, but also the beginning of the Russian Revolution and an interesting period to do fun things in China;
3)If anyone is available to provide support to the mod through providing pics for both Ministers and Tech Teams, I would be more than happy to include those and give credits both in the post and the Mod files;

The reason why the mod is taking so long to provide a new patch is because I'm making sure that all files for the 1930-1945 events work and I'm already looking into adding some... 'special flavor' by taking inspiration to Kaiserredux for HoI4. So, the mod is not dead and the reason why I don't post much is that RL is being tough in the last few months. Still, working on it!

• 3Like
Reactions:
there is a problem with the civil war in russia divisions fights but in some divisions there is no loss and he fights like this all the time lol
I'm sorry, but can you be a little more clear? Even adding a screenshot if possible?

Nice mod you have here ^^, gave it a try some days ago though I forgot to post my review on it. I wanted to say that I believe France path is a bit broken.

There's an event that turns the regime into a dictatorship and eventually when the 1923 "gun"-something event must turn France to tag into U11 if I'm not wrong and allow ALG to get her independence and then switch to FRA. Well, the issue is the event that turns France into the Commune has a trigger specifying it must have a democratic government, which it lacks so it never triggers and France stays as France forever.

And then again, I manually triggered it just to discover that the National French regime suddenly gets the event "The CGT" (since it has the persistent = yes) and turns into syndicalist as well.

So, my suggestion would be to remove the democratic government check on the 1923 event and add a sleepevent which for the "The CGT" to avoid National France turning commie too.

I watched the events files for a bit, noticed there's a peace deal in case Zhili takes Beijing from Fengtian, but not the other way around, in my game Fengtian won and I remember seeing that the Kuomintang can only attack Zhili, but I can't remember properly.

Oh, forgot to add, the Kingdom of Two Sicilies keeps cores over the entire Italian peninsula.

Though all in all, it's a really nice mod, obviously still in early stages, but your work is quite nice and impressive. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nice mod you have here ^^, gave it a try some days ago though I forgot to post my review on it. I wanted to say that I believe France path is a bit broken.

There's an event that turns the regime into a dictatorship and eventually when the 1923 "gun"-something event must turn France to tag into U11 if I'm not wrong and allow ALG to get her independence and then switch to FRA. Well, the issue is the event that turns France into the Commune has a trigger specifying it must have a democratic government, which it lacks so it never triggers and France stays as France forever.

And then again, I manually triggered it just to discover that the National French regime suddenly gets the event "The CGT" (since it has the persistent = yes) and turns into syndicalist as well.

So, my suggestion would be to remove the democratic government check on the 1923 event and add a sleepevent which for the "The CGT" to avoid National France turning commie too.

I watched the events files for a bit, noticed there's a peace deal in case Zhili takes Beijing from Fengtian, but not the other way around, in my game Fengtian won and I remember seeing that the Kuomintang can only attack Zhili, but I can't remember properly.

Oh, forgot to add, the Kingdom of Two Sicilies keeps cores over the entire Italian peninsula.

Though all in all, it's a really nice mod, obviously still in early stages, but your work is quite nice and impressive. :)
I just finished fixing those issues, but I will release the changes together with the new update. Next one will have the big jump to have a 1931 Scenario and all of Kaiserreich's events implemented + a couple extra ones for a few nations regarding Alternative Scenarios (Specifically Japan and Germany).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just finished fixing those issues, but I will release the changes together with the new update. Next one will have the big jump to have a 1931 Scenario and all of Kaiserreich's events implemented + a couple extra ones for a few nations regarding Alternative Scenarios (Specifically Japan and Germany).
Im surprised development on this mod is going well! also cheers on taking such a big idea and making it a reality.

Is the Discord Invite broken though? i would like to take a look on the server.

I'm sorry, but can you be a little more clear? Even adding a screenshot if possible?

photo_2022-01-29_11-02-18.jpg
photo_2022-01-29_11-02-31.jpg
photo_2022-01-29_11-02-42.jpg
photo_2022-01-29_11-02-46.jpg
photo_2022-01-29_11-02-51.jpg
photo_2022-01-29_11-02-56.jpg