• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Update VIII - July 1, 1939 - January 1, 1940

We are now down into the last 25 countries, and in this update, only a total of three more would be annexed. 23rd place goes to Peru, who get knocked out by Argentina, who beat the Americans to Lima, who probably would have reached it in a few weeks anyways. But thats not all that Argentina got up to. They also managed to annex Brazil, making Argentina the last South American nation standing. And all that remains between the Americans and control of the continent.

8-23Peru.png

8-22Brazil.png

The only other country that was annexed in this 6 month period was Manchukuo, who was annexed by Japan. And as a result, Japan and the Transural Republic now have a massive border, and of course, both share the same colour, meaning that when I do the overview of Asia I have to draw a big black line to distinguish the border between the two.

8-21Manchukuo.png

Like always, lets start with Europe. France continues its advance into Russia, with a significant push into Ukraine, as well as into the Baltic States. Britain continues to be an annoying thorn in France's side by pulling off another amphibious landing in Iberia. And surprisingly enough, the British have not been beaten back in the Middle East. Despite losing a few provinces to France, Britain has actually managed to hold the Russians off and is slowly pushing back the Indians. Though I would expect that the French would eventually break through.

8Europe.png

Nothing major has happened in Africa. A few provinces have changed hand, but nothing else.

8Africa.png

South America is now divided between two blues. The Americans have made a few gains since that Brazil annexation screenshot.

8SouthAmerica.png

And finally Asia. Japan continues to push China back. Though with China's massive army, I would expect them to either break through eventually or become one ridiculous last stand. Japan is also reaching deep into Siberia now, having gained a border with Transural Republic. Sri Lanka also was taken from Britain. And Japan has also made another landing in Australia, though that appears to have been defeated. India has advanced deep into Central Asia, and is now reaching Europe, though the British have managed to hold off the Indians in Persia. Southeast Asia continues to be a battlefield between India and Japan, with Thailand getting caught in the middle. Japan would appear to have taken a few provinces there, but the two are currently somewhat stalemated.

8Asia.png

The AI is surprisingly able. Great update!

It's going to be UK, France, USA, Japan and China or India in an almost never-ending war. Until the differences between the countries (naval over landpower, technological advantage) start to diverge dramatically nothing much is going to happen except for the seesawing of frontlines.

I said it twice and I'm saying it again: USA will win, even though I don't want them to. :rofl:

So, this is going on even more exciting.... I also believe that USA will win, but ONLY if theri AI proves good enough to make successful landings etc, since when they do, they will be lacking air support in the beginning (no allies near)... On the other hand, I would have loved it if Argentina had annexed the rest south america countries and was first in Panama, do you believe they could stop the USA or would they overwhelmed by naval invasions?

I think that this will probably end in a terrible nuclear war.

Although I think that the US will win, they have huge IC and are alone on their own continent while the others battle each other.

Only if he modded the AI to develop those technologies. Which they won't until 1945. What year is it ingame because if it's still like 1939 or something I doubt the AI will bother with researching that in time to make a difference. But it's a nice dream nonetheless.

Could we have some troop counts, IC counts, and techs for the remaining powers? ^_^

I don't know if there will be a stalemate--You've got 4 "landmasses" that aren't connected--Europe-Asia-Africa, England, Japan and the Americas. OK, the USA goes on to dominate the Americas, but you are still in a land war in the Europe-Asia-Africa. Either UK or Japan will be able to conquer the middle or get pushed out and a UK or a Japan with only their Home Islands is relatively weak and exposed. If the USA doesn't invade the mainland before it all comes under one nation, you might get a stalemate, but even then, I think one nation will prevail.

Thanks for the update. Awesome work. We all apreciate the time you give to entertain us.

oh, and if you are posting things like IC, army comparisons and tech could you sneak us a look at the Sunk Ships page? pleeeeeze?:rolleyes:

I'm now betting that the final battle will be an ultimate showdown between the US, Australia and Madagascar. :p

Britain's screwed the moment the AI gets the idea to launch an amphibious assault on them, but we may be waiting some time for that to happen...

Nah, Britania rules the seas right now. As it is supposed to be.

The fate of the world hinges on Europe. France (trench warriors) vs Russia (giant human wave army) vs UK (great navy).

I bet on UK, but it would't surprise me if the French made the Russians run for it and then started a reaction against the british.

UK is good, but they don't have so much manpower. UK vs USA will be kinda like Setting Sun - Island Empire that rules the waves vs Continental Behemoth with a immense army.

If it's 1944 and the US starts churning our Carriers like hell...

Baneslave said:
I think that USA wins, but I hope that France takes the first place at the end.
Hm, I think it will end up being a stalemate since IIRC the US, UK, and French AIs aren't set up to do mutual amphibious landings on each other. My guess is that you'll end up with one dominant Africa-Asia-Europe power (either France, Russia, Japan, China, or India--probably France at this point), the UK, and the US. Maybe some of the little Caribbean countries will still be around. At this point no one will be invading anyone else and the war will effectively be over.