• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Update IV - January 1, 1938-May 1, 1938

The very first country eliminated is one that was already totally occupied. When everyone was forced into peace, all occupied territory remained in the hands of the occupied. So this country was really pretty well doomed once war began once more. And that country is the African nation of Cameroon, who had been occupied by Benin-Sahel.

4-73Cameroon.png

Up next is Luxemburg, who by virtue of being surrounded by France was spared invasion for most of the game. But that had to come to an end, meaning the 20 units that France had surrounding it the entire game can now go do something useful.

4-72Luxemburg.png

El Salvador is the next unlucky contestant. American forces, continuing on their march through Central America, beating up on all the bigger, smaller countries who don't have any army. And I was wrong in the last update, for some reason the US hasn't annexed Guatemala yet, even though they occupy it.

4-71ElSalvador.png

Tiny Sierra Leone managed to hold on thus far, but Benin-Sahel, the country with a cartoon elephant on its flag finally got around to annexing them, and getting dangerously close to Conakry, the capital of Guinea

4-70SierraLeone.png

Now that everyone is at war, the British are doing what I had been hoping after they annexed Egypt, and advancing into the Middle East. First up is Palestine, whose conquest opens up the entire Middle East to that fearsome one infantry division currently in Jerusalem.

4-69Palestine.png

Here's something interesting I discovered when Lebanon went and attacked Syria. Somehow France annexed Syria, despite no units in the area. So I'm guessing that there is some sort of event or something that annexes it to France, similar to the Chinese warlords and the Nationalists.

4-68Syria.png

Back to Central America. Unfortunately for me, the next couple annexations are done by the US and UK, but not back to back so I have to write one of these for each one. Those inconsiderate AIs. Anyways, As expected, Honduras is next up on the eliminated list.

4-67Honduras.png

And so to Africa for the United Kingdom, who have finished off Sudan, which they were already in the process of doing before I messed with everything. So I just delayed Sudan's ultimate demise.

4-66Sudan.png

And here comes Nicaragua, annexed by, surprise, surprise, the United States. But at the very least they will soon be to Panama where they will meet up with Brazil.

4-65Nicaragua.png

I must say, the Dominican Republic might just be my favourite AI in this game. They're strategy is just so insane that it works. If you gave them a bigger army they would probably somehow conquer the US. But in this case, we will have to settle with Panama, the last straggler in Central America.

4-64Panama.png

With their army not just standing around any more keeping on eye on those Luxemburgian troublemakers, the French were free to invade the Netherlands, who after a fierce struggle were finally eliminated by Zombie Napoleon.

4-63Netherlands.png

Just like Sudan, Norway's fate was delayed a bit while I tweaked things around. And with the French army redeployed and the Poles actually having to fight for themselves, Norway lasted longer than it would have in that case. They get #62, but they did beat out Sweden.

4-62Norway.png

Over in Asia, the Chinese have taken out the last of the warlords, Xibei San Ma. Russia vs China looks like it could be interesting, though I think those Russian units are doomed, as they are bound to be cut off from supply due to the stretching out of Russian supply lines across Asia.

4-61XibeiSanMa.png

The UK was finally kind enough to annex two countries in a row, so now I can double them up. First up is Libya, completing the UKs North African collection. And to expand on their domination of the continent, the British also conquered Guinea. With the rest of Africa busy fighting each other, it looks like the British might soon by sole owner of the continent.

4-60Libya.png

4-59Guinea.png

While Russia's Asian expedition is looking to be marching to its doom, their European counterparts are doing quite well for themselves. Deciding that the quickest way to reach Poland was to simply march through Latvia, they simply went that route. Though while watching this battle I felt like humming the Benny Hill theme, as the Latvians would just run from territory to territory while the Russians chased them in circles.

4-58Latvia.png

Amazingly lasting all the way until 57th place is the country that started this all, tiny Bhutan. Thanks to the fact that they live on a mountain and the Indians couldn't be bothered to declare war on them before. But that has all changed, and so India was more than happy to deal with those trouble makers.

4-57Bhutan.png

And lastly for this update, we head back on over to the Middle East, where the same thing that happened to Syria happened to Lebanon, and they were annexed back to France, even though it was the British and Iraqis that did everything.

4-56Lebanon.png

And so now, time for a continental overview. Like always, Europe has been the busiest. Iberia is turning into a mess, with the French invading the north, and the Spanish and Portuguese producing a comedy of errors, with neither able to take out the other, France is also marching into Austria, Poland, and Yugoslavia, and would appear to be on a crash course with Russia, who is marching into Poland and Romania. The British continue to dominate North Africa, and reinforcements have arrived in the Middle East to help them steamroll the competition there. Southeastern Europe is just an absolutely mess with the Czechs, Hungarians, Austrians, Yugoslavians, Poles, and Turks scrambling things up so ridiculously that I can't even describe it. Azerbaijan appears to be defeating Persia, while Turkey is making a march into Turkey. And Finland is just trying to hold on.

4Europe-1.png

In Africa the only major changes are that the British are advancing into Ethiopia and have also reinforced South Africa and are advancing against Rhodesia. Aside from that, the others are still pretty much the same.

4Africa.png

In Asia, the Japanese remain strong, having begun an advance into Manchukuo and the Philippines. Gains in China have remained about the same, having gained some in the south, but lost some in the north. That is more attributable to new fronts for Japan elsewhere than to Chinese strategy. Thailand had invaded Malaysia, though its still too early to call a winner there, while Thailand is being invaded by Indochinese forces retreating from the Japanese. India is pushing back the Russians, who are in great danger of being cut off by Turkmenistan and the Transural Republic. Persia is pretty well doomed, with Russians from the east and Azeris from the north.

4Asia.png

4SouthAsia.png

In South America, the tide appears to be turning for Brazil. Argentina is invading southern Brazil, while Chile is invading Argentina, while Brazil and Chile invade Peru. And with the US having taken Costa Rica and Panama from the Dominicans, they are about ready to launch an offensive into the continent.

4SouthAmerica.png

North America is pretty boring, what with the US just making a few gains into California. Though with California's weak army, I would expect them to lose a lot more soon.

4NorthAmerica.png

Unfortunately, Russans are doomed. They simply have TOOO many fronts.

My suggestion: Make up some white peaces in South America and make a South America alliance against North American Imperialism! Something like this could really benefit Africa, too.

Let's make it harder for the superpowers, MWHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!

EDIT: OH NO!! THE HERMANOS ARE AT THE GATES OF SÃO PAULO!! RALLY BEHING THE GREEN & YELLOW, FELLOW BRAZILIANS!!

Turkey is making a march into Turkey? :D

Wow, Britain's doing much better than I expected- with the loss of the empire to feed its industry and the slightly... lacking naval invasion AI I thought they'd just sit on their island all game, but they've managed to become one of the great powers.

Looks like some countries are dominating their particular areas, such as the US and France, but Asia looks like it could be an interesting struggle between Japan, China and possibly India- let's see how well China gets on now that they've exhausted all their gamey events. :D

Out of interest, how much IC do the major powers currently have?

as always, the award for the messiest part of the world goes to the balkans:D

I think obviously the US will win, like allways...

If the UK succeeds in overrunning all Africa the British Empire may well be an unstoppable juggernaut.
Then again I bet Frances IC is through the roof after taking so much of Germany.

I'm betting on the UK here. Its very hard to do sealion, and UK has good naval AI. I remember a game of Brazil where I joined the allies, then I attacked Paraguay. USA allied with Paraguay, therefore forcing the allies to invade it. USA got owned by a joint British-French invasion from both coasts and Canada. It was quite hilarious. :rofl:

Update V - May 1, 1938 - July 1, 1938

Update 5 starts in Asia. Indochina found itself in a rather bad predicament with the Japanese invading from the sea, the Chinese from the north, and the Thais from the west. And in the end its the Chinese that manage to finish the job after taking the capital in the north.

5-55Indochina.png

Coming in at 54th place is Jordan, who are the latest victims at the hands of the British. Now that they share a border with Iraq, one of the few Middle East countries that actually has an army, things should start getting a bit more interesting on that front for the Brits. As well as the border they will share with Turkey if they keep going.

5-54Jordan.png

Next up is Nepal. After their mortal enemy, Bhutan, was conquered by India, it wasn't long until Nepal felt the wrath of India. And so now, India is a nation to be feared, with their unlimited access to tall mountains.

5-53Nepal.png

Continuing with the Asianness of this update so far, is Malaysia. The Thais take the capital, but before they could get to Singapore, the Japanese pulled off a sneak attack and stole that piece of real estate from right out under the Thais nose, setting up a two front war between Thailand and Japan.

5-52Malaysia.png

Finally getting out of Asia, Congo takes out Equatorial Africa. All that thanks to Rhodesia pushing all of the Congolese troops northwards. And thus there is one less African country left for the British to conquer.

5-51EquatorialAfrica.png

Last up for this update, which had way fewer annexations than the last one, is Finland. The Russian bear was just too much for the Finns to handle. Too bad for them that it wasn't wintertime.

5-50Finland.png

In Europe, France continues its domination. They've invaded northern Iberia, with the Brits invading the south and decimated Portugal and Spain, setting up a potentially interesting British/French battle. The French have pushed into Scandinavia, with Polish forces there on the run, as well as in Poland itself where France and Russia are ripping it apart. Of course, the Balkans are still an absolutely mess. Russia and France have finally met up. How odd that that happened right as I decided to stop for an update. And of course the British continue their march across the Middle East, while Turkey continues north into Russia.

5Europe.png

In Asia, the Japanese have just about finished off the Philippines, and have landed on Borneo to take care of Sarawak. They are pushing up the Malay peninsula in their war against Thailand, but I'm guessing that once they hit India they will be in a bit of trouble. And strangely they haven't touched Indonesia since Update 3. The Japanese and Chinese appear to have essentially stalemated, while Japan continues it war in Manchukuo. Russia's Asian forces have been cut off from retreat, and are being soundly defeated by India, who has taken much of Russia's former territories there. The Indians appear to have not made much ground into China yet. And with Russia retreating, Persia has found new life.

5-Asia.png

5SouthAsia.png

The main changes in Africa have been the British invasion of Ethiopia and South Africa. The Brits see to have completely ignored that Rhodesian army in South Africa, vaguely reminiscent of the Confederates. Congo is getting ripped apart by Gabon and Rhodesia. And Benin-Sahel is probably pretty well screwed, but hey, at least they're trying.

5Africa.png

Brazil has pushed back the Argentinan armies along the coast, so instead they just marched into the interior. Chile has been cut in two by Argentina, though it looks like they might fight it out for their survival. Same goes for Peru, who have actually managed to take back a territory. And puzzling enough, no one has yet to do a thing to Guyana. Apparently everyone is afraid of waking the giant.

5SouthAmerica.png

And finally North America. All that has happened here is the US taking more land from California.

5NorthAmerica.png

And here is the armed forces comparisons

5Armies.png

5Navies.png

5Air.png

Amazingly enough, Japan has actually built a carrier. Its the only ship in the world larger than a heavy cruiser. Though I would expect some of the other larger countries to start pumping them out soon enough.