• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm betting my hypothetic money on the UK. Good IC and a island location that's going to give them a huge help. By the time someone has a navy big enough to fight them, they're ready for it. US is a pretty possible one as well, but the UK has a innate advantage: A small island. USA, on the other hand, has to spread its defenses too thin to stop a invasion.

I don't think UK has a chance due to its resource shortage... If it can't get rares and oil, they're pretty well done for... And without colonies, they don't get rares and oil...

I don't think UK has a chance due to its resource shortage... If it can't get rares and oil, they're pretty well done for... And without colonies, they don't get rares and oil...

Yes, when they lose India, Ceylon and Singapore they'll be short on rares. And this time US is not there to help...

I wonder, do they form any alliances now? If there have been alliances, could you (OP) give us a list?

This reminds me of RISK mod for vanilla... Where my Poland steamrolled Germany, pwned Czechoslovakia and becam the ultimate IC monster of Europe XD

BTW, wouldn't it be more fun if every country had cores on all the world? Imagine those >1000IC, continent-spanning monsters, spamming one another with zillions of militia, infantry and (perhaps) nukes? :rofl:

What's the situation vis-a-vis cores?
Do people only have them on what they owned at the start of the game? Or their whole continent? Or the world? Or are all of my guesses incorrect?
Edit: I'm assuming nofog? Also, what about events? The capitulation events, for example, could throw a wrench in some things.

Last edited:
Update I - January 1, 1936 - January 1, 1937

Alright everyone, its story time! I apologize for not updating yesterday like I was planning, but some "issues" arose. I'm also posting this on another forum I post at, and I was talking to one of the people from there on Steam, when he suggested that I change the colour of Ukraine so that it would be possible to tell apart Czechoslovakia and Ukraine. I though "Hey! What a great idea." I soon discovered that me editing the csv files is a very bad idea. Next thing you know, I get an error in DB, and end up having to reinstall, losing the save. Now, I know what you're thinking. Couldn't you just backup the save files? To which I respond, lolVista. It appears on Vista, the save files are ghosts, as I couldn't find them anywhere on my computer. So anyways, long story short, I am forced to start a new game, though luckily I still have the my modded files. The moral of the story; Don't listen to people. :p

Now, having to restart, I thought, what the hey, I might as well take advantage of this, so I took the liberty of turning all of Africa and Asia loose. So here are the changes I made:

Africa1.png

africa2.png

MidEast.png

Asia.png

Guyana.png

And so it starts again, exactly the same way. Except the game goes much slower. Seriously, by April it was probably taking 10 seconds to go from 23:00 one day to 0:00 the next. But anyways, I know what you want to find out. Who gets the honour of winning last place? Well, believe it or not, it goes once again to our dear friend, Lithuania! Though this time, it comes at the hand of Germany. Oh Lithuania, why must you always be last?

1-132Lithuania.png

Obviously as you can see, Germany and Poland are at war. But this war is just so bizarre that I must share this. The Germans were handedly beating the Poles, and the Poles became encircled. However, the Germans don't have enough units to completely block them in, so instead of simply surrendering, the Polish units retreated into Germany. So now, German troops are advancing east into Poland, and Polish troops are advancing west into Germany. And yes, that is Switzlerand in central Germany.

1-lolwut.png

Of course, Lithuania is not the only one with bad luck. Romania is also suffering from it. Its been eliminated once again by the combination of Ukraine and Yugoslavia. Though this time, Ukraine gets the credit for it.

1-131Romania.png

We now come to July 1, 1936. Ireland has taken the north of the island, with the Brits doing nothing to respond. Ukraine advances west in Poland, while Poland advanced west into northern Germany. Switzerland took southern Germany, and Belgium the west. France invades Italy as part of the big mega alliance that has formed. And Russia is embarking on a central Asian trek against the Stans.

1-Europe.png

South America is actually somewhat interesting this game. Cuba landed in Colombia, and has occupied the west of the country along with the Panama canal zone. Because when you think amphibious assaults, you think Cuba. Oh, an Uruguay has foolhardedly decided to invade Brazil. Anyone care to bet on how that one will turn out?

1-SouthAmerica.png

Up in North America, the Americans seem to be in big trouble with the Confederates rapidly moving north, along with Texas. Oh, and Canada is invading them too.

1-NorthAmerica.png

In Africa, East Africa looks doomed with Ethiopia and Sudan coming in from the north. And in the west, Nigeria appears to be dominating Benin-Sahel.

1-Africa.png

Asia remains relatively unchanged, so now lets get onto the second half of 1936.

In a testament to how bizarre this can get, Equatorial Africa somehow annexed Gold Coast, even though Equatorial Africa is landlocked and the two don't share a border. I thought they perhaps had military access, but there were no military units to speak of.

1-130GoldCoast.png

Keeping with Africa, Mali comes in at place 129. They were silly enough to leave their capital, and only victory point, Dakar, completely undefended, allowing Guinea to swoop in and take it.

1-129Mali.png

And to complete the demise of Germany, they get 128th. The silliness continues with Ukraine continuing their push into Poland, meaning Poland now mostly comprises of...northern Germany.

1-128Germany.png

In the Caribbean, the Cuban military machine has completed their conquest of Colombia. Not only does Colombia get embarrased by being eliminated by Cuba, the Cubans have successfully landed in Miami, and with no Confederate troops around, they could easily take Florida.

1-127Colombia.png

No surprise for the next one, its Communist China. They actually held out a while longer than last time, but still got crushed by the Nationalists.

1-126CommunistChina.png

The next two eliminated contestants both come from central Asia. At 125th is Kyrgyzstan, who where defeated by the Pakistanis coming from the south before the Russians could reach them. Meanwhile, the Kazakhs defeat the Uzbeks. Though things aren't looking good for Kazakhstan. Expect to see them eliminated soon.

1-125Kyrgyzstan.png

1-124Uzbekistan.png

Back in the half year screenshot you saw that Nigeria was dominating Benin-Sahel. Well guess what? They lost! Yeah, Benin-Sahel somehow managed to defeat Nigeria before they were defeated. Those sneaky elephants.

1-123Nigeria.png

Coming in at 122nd is Bulgaria. Bulgaria actually did a pretty admirable job of holding out against Yugoslavia and Greece. They were pretty much defeated around the same time as Romania, but the Yugoslavians delayed in finishing them off in favour of racing the Ukrainians for Romanian land. Of course, what do you expect from that silly AI?

1-122Bulgaria.png

Back to Africa, more specifically, East Africa, for 121st. East Africa is eliminated by the Ethiopians, who are now preparing to advance southwards against Rhodesia, in the grand battle of same coloured countries, part II. Part I being Ukraine vs. Czechoslovakia, of course.

1-121EastAfrica.png

120th goes to Burma. The country with a rooster on its flag gets devoured by the Indians and Indochinese, who decided to go around Siam. Apparently trying to surround it. Though that strategy is kind of silly, considering Siam could probably take down Indochina with ease.

1-120Burma.png

Back to central Asia for another double elimination. First off, Russia takes down tiny Tajikistan, followed soon after by Kazakhstan, leaving Turkmenistan the only survivor of the Russian invasion.

1-119Tajikistan.png

1-118Kazakhstan.png

The date is now January 1, 1937, so time for continental updates. In Europe, France is establishing itself as a prime contender with their easy defeat of Italy. They also defeated Austria, who they chose to puppet for some reason. Well actually the Brits chose to puppet Austria, so you can blame them. Now France has showed up in Czechoslovakia to help their Czech and Polish allies who would have otherwise been wiped out by Ukraine. Ukraine had gotten out to a good start, but that appears to be falling out of reach now. Aside from that, the only major changes from summer 1936 is in the Middle East, where Greece has invaded Turkey along with Armenia and Georgia, with varying results of success, and the Turks appear to be adopting the Polish military strategy by simply retreating into their enemies homeland. And Jordan appears to be about to defeat the Saudis.

2-Europe.png

And I must commend the Confederates, for their stunning ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Apparently eager to get to Vermont for some skiing and maple syrup, they made a beeline for the state, COMPLETELY IGNORING NEW YORK WHERE WHAT REMAINED OF THE AMERICAN ARMY WAS. Seriously guys. Seriously. The American army was one militia. You couldn't have taken care of them on your way to Vermont? How idiotic was that. Now the US has taken the entire Eastern Seaboard in only a few months. Additionally, California invaded Canada, because there is nothing Californians love more than the cold. Texas looks to be almost defeated by the Confederates, who will probably be defeated soon by the Americans. And Canada isn't looking too good right now either.

2-NorthAmerica.png

Only real change in Asia is India invading Sinkiang. Nothing to exciting here. Japan is really just sitting around, not doing anything. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to invade it though. Its going to get pretty crazy if they don't do something.

2-Asia.png

And Ethiopia appears to be winning against Rhodesia, though thats probably just be because the entire Rhodesian army is in Angola.

2-Africa.png

So at the end of the first year, the US and France are looking quite good. Russia should put up a bit of a fight as well.

Last edited:
There's somethig turtlish in JAP AI, methinks. In my game in KR they event garrisoned 12 divisions per province, and went completely isolationist until '46 (when I finally attacked them :p). Nightmare.

Oh, and it's peacock on Burma's banner, not roster ;)

What's the situation vis-a-vis cores?
Do people only have them on what they owned at the start of the game? Or their whole continent? Or the world? Or are all of my guesses incorrect?
Edit: I'm assuming nofog? Also, what about events? The capitulation events, for example, could throw a wrench in some things.

Mix and match. So US has cores on the entire US, Russia has cores on the entire old Soviet Union. The colonial powers lost cores on colonies, so that mostly affects Britain, France, and Netherlands.

Oh, and it's peacock on Burma's banner, not roster ;)

Well, either way it was no match for the Indian tiger :p

Did you ever post the starting save? This could be fun to play.

Out goes Germany, looks like I lost one of my pre-game predictions. :rolleyes: And with all the changes in Africa and Asia, well not so much Africa; but I think India is going to have a good chance down south! The CSA looked like she had her chance, but the US appears to be solidifying her positions and will then push west. In Europe, hate to say it, but France is once again the most potent empire on the continent. Oh well! :p

but I think India is going to have a good chance down south

Sooner or later they'll see Chiang's people come to say hello and I'm not sure they will be ready for it. Anyway India vs China that will probably be a hell of epic battle!