The Truth Is Out There... an Aurora 4X C# Forum game, version 1.13

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Time to turn Mars into the training center, like it should be. The GOD of WAR has no business having all those stock brokers and bankers. Time to move all that money stuff to Mercury where it belongs.
... and move all our houses of prostitution to Venus?

That or all the wedding chapels.

Houses of prostitution seem more fitting for a Jupiter space station.

What else are the people going to do when there are barely any jobs out there. Think of all the new jobs that will be created to move them there. But the Dear Leader likes them to live in squalor. ;)

• 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It will take us a while to build up to the point where we can conquer the Hippies. Mostly because ground units build so freaking slowly.

Need more ground unit construction facilities.
When I did the analysis for my ground invasions effortpost on the Aurora forums, I pretty much concluded that you have to dedicate an appreciable fraction of your planetary industry to ground forces training facilities from the start of the game if you want to build up enough forces to actually invade the NPRs. Nominally, every 5,000 tons of ground forces costs about 200 BP (100 BP is the minimum but usually you want to build something armored which drives up the averages), and at base tech levels a single GFTF can build 250 BP worth in a year, so to build up to multi-millions of tons you need a pretty big investment over many years. The good news is that once you get up to the necessary level it isn't too difficult to stay in good shape for the next couple of NPRs who you want to make a favorable real estate deal with.

Nothing like a good Short Victorious War.

Why not bombard them to atoms then send in minimal cleanup forces? Do they have any real estate we want?
Bombarding them destroys a lot of the planetary installations and infrastructure we would like to boost our own economy, plus killing a lot of the population which is bad because we want more slave labor diversity is good am I right guys?

We are up to 16 training facilities, with more building.

It's going to take a decade or more to really bring the new mineral sources online, and we can't build up our missile inventory until our Gallicite stocks are high, so there's no particular rush.

When I did the analysis for my ground invasions effortpost on the Aurora forums, I pretty much concluded that you have to dedicate an appreciable fraction of your planetary industry to ground forces training facilities from the start of the game if you want to build up enough forces to actually invade the NPRs. Nominally, every 5,000 tons of ground forces costs about 200 BP (100 BP is the minimum but usually you want to build something armored which drives up the averages), and at base tech levels a single GFTF can build 250 BP worth in a year, so to build up to multi-millions of tons you need a pretty big investment over many years. The good news is that once you get up to the necessary level it isn't too difficult to stay in good shape for the next couple of NPRs who you want to make a favorable real estate deal with.

Bombarding them destroys a lot of the planetary installations and infrastructure we would like to boost our own economy, plus killing a lot of the population which is bad because we want more slave labor diversity is good am I right guys?
We're considering xenos residents in the empire?

We're considering xenos residents in the empire?
Well, unfortunately, our slave laborers valued employees need to have a roof over their heads, so they are technically residents of the empire.

The 127th, 128th and 129th orbital mining platforms have been built and are on their way to the Gallicite-rich comet in the Lalande 21185 system, and the 136th, 137th and 138th in the series have been laid down. At 20 mines per OMP, this gives us the orbital mining equivalent of 2760 mines.

The 127th, 128th and 129th orbital mining platforms have been built and are on their way to the Gallicite-rich comet in the Lalande 21185 system, and the 136th, 137th and 138th in the series have been laid down. At 20 mines per OMP, this gives us the orbital mining equivalent of 2760 mines.
Those aren't rookie numbers!

Another six OMP have been launched (and six more laid down), and our scientists have completed another level of Ground Unit Construction Efficiency tech... our sixteen Ground Unit Construction Facilities are now working at more than three times their original efficiency (625 points each instead of 200 points each).

Another six OMP have been launched (and six more laid down), and our scientists have completed another level of Ground Unit Construction Efficiency tech... our sixteen Ground Unit Construction Facilities are now working at more than three times their original efficiency (625 points each instead of 200 points each).
Excellent news, though I would be remiss not to point out that they actually start at 250 instead of 200. Weirdly inconsistent with everything else in the game but not unwelcome as so.

hastily edits ground forces effortpost on Aurora forums to cover up any trace of formerly wrong numbers :oops:

Ah, we`re back!
It's slow going, though... both because the game has slowed down as we expanded, and because we aren't doing much except expanding our resource base and building ground units.

Reactions:
So when do we start to blow stuff up again?
It will be a while. First we need to get our Gallicite mines up to scratch. Then build up a stock of Gallicite. Then start building missiles.

Meanwhile, we are building ground troops for an invasion, and building and training a few Beam Cruisers.

Reactions: