• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Amazing. Absolutely Amazing. And a great read, at that. Congratulations, DDRJake, and very, very well done! Methinks PDox should give you something special for doing this and being the first (I assume)... maybe a sexy little icon you can flaunt at all of us, if that's your type of thing >:D
In any case, I tip my hat to you

It's the overextension, right? Same reason he's getting no tax income.
Yeah, mass over-extension absolutely kills your income and trade.

Congratulations DDRJake! :)

It's so beautiful.

What the game thought:

0duJeA0.jpg
"Well you did okay but you were hardly as good as Spain or France."
Uh-huh.

Followed you from the beginning. Honestly I didn't think you will make it, but you proved me wrong. Consider me extremely jealous and of course congratulations!

What now? Long vacation or next (not so) extremely hard achievements like Jihad or Norwegian Wood?

I'm curious as to how the annexation of the HRE happened. All the other countries I understand, simply occupy and wait, killing any rebels as the "occupied" revolt malus grows. But wouldn't you need to beat the HRE in a multitude of wars in order to annex it all? I mean, revolutionary war is awesome and all, but it's still only a 50% war score rebate and your HRE was huge. At the very least 300 base tax in all. Did you split them up through releasing, or simply re-declaring through truce over and over? If the latter, how did that affect your overextension?

Rev war CB drastically reduces the cost of provinces, so he could take huge amounts of HRE in one go. Probably only took 2, maybe 3 wars to completely annex. The additional wars would be trucebreaker wars so that their forts wouldnt be reinforced very much.

I recall you saying that you thought Jihad would be harder. Now that you completed The Three Mountains, do you still think that way and why?

I'm curious.

Probably because you actually need to convert all of the infidel provinces, which means you must stay at low WE and OE (actually not sure if OE affects conversion rate) at all times. Besides, it's basically a world conquest without the natives of America included, which wouldn't add that much of an extra challenge in the first place.

I bow down to your awesome EUIV skills. You finally pulled it off. Does this mean we have to wait until EUV to see you try again? ;)

You should totally try to take on all those rebels, just for laughs. :p

Congrats DDRJake! Awesome work!

I asked you about posting your replay and you wanted me to remind you about that eu4-replay thingy. Someone else already posted the link. Maybe you can get it to work woth your savegame :)

Probably because you actually need to convert all of the infidel provinces, which means you must stay at low WE and OE (actually not sure if OE affects conversion rate) at all times. Besides, it's basically a world conquest without the natives of America included, which wouldn't add that much of an extra challenge in the first place.

I wasn't under the impression that either affected conversion rate? Probably the biggest difference is that unless someone already has a viable attempt that I don't know about, some of the exploits are likely to be patched before a Jihad run happens. There is small consolation that Najd might get a unique national idea.

As far as conversion goes: you start with 1 missionary, you can get another from Religious Ideas, and a third from DotF. Taking Jerusalem and Rome will give another two for a total of five.

On the positive missionary strength side, you start with 2%, Religious Ideas gives 3%, as Muslim you can go full Piety (likely to happen in such a run) for another 3%, so that's 8% to start. Then you have a couple decisions: Licensing of the Press Act gives 1% and Unify Islam (DLC) gives 2%. On the more temporary side you have Inquitistor advisor and +3 stability for give 3.5%. So you have 11% to 14.5% per month to work with, not counting buildings, positive random events, and ruler-lifetime decisions.

On the negative side, each base tax is -0.5%---Ile De France will be tough to crack with its -7.5% for example. Shiites and Shintos give -2%. Might be some nasty events, too, but I'll not look them all up now.

Supposing an average conversion rate of 5%, at this rate you would be looking at 600 conversions in 200 years. Considering that a fair portion of the provinces are in the Americas or Sunni already, this doesn't seem too bad. Probably the greatest threat is some high base tax provinces getting a string of events.

I wasn't under the impression that either affected conversion rate? Probably the biggest difference is that unless someone already has a viable attempt that I don't know about, some of the exploits are likely to be patched before a Jihad run happens. There is small consolation that Najd might get a unique national idea.

As far as conversion goes: you start with 1 missionary, you can get another from Religious Ideas, and a third from DotF. Taking Jerusalem and Rome will give another two for a total of five.

On the positive missionary strength side, you start with 2%, Religious Ideas gives 3%, as Muslim you can go full Piety (likely to happen in such a run) for another 3%, so that's 8% to start. Then you have a couple decisions: Licensing of the Press Act gives 1% and Unify Islam (DLC) gives 2%. On the more temporary side you have Inquitistor advisor and +3 stability for give 3.5%. So you have 11% to 14.5% per month to work with, not counting buildings, positive random events, and ruler-lifetime decisions.

On the negative side, each base tax is -0.5%---Ile De France will be tough to crack with its -7.5% for example. Shiites and Shintos give -2%. Might be some nasty events, too, but I'll not look them all up now.

Supposing an average conversion rate of 5%, at this rate you would be looking at 600 conversions in 200 years. Considering that a fair portion of the provinces are in the Americas or Sunni already, this doesn't seem too bad. Probably the greatest threat is some high base tax provinces getting a string of events.

Ah you are right, I was confusing coring with conversions.

The way you put it, it does indeed seem more plausible.

Another great threat that comes to mind, though I haven't properly played Muslim countries yet, is that Shiite religion tends to spread from province to province, doesn't it?