• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
fyi, the following exploits are closed

- exiled units can no longer loot.
- navies can not be exiled.
- defeat rebels mission no longer gives +2 stability.
- coalitions will now always join in defensively in wars, even if they got a truce.
- it is no longer possible to westernize while overextended.
- countries becoming republics now start with 50 republican tradition.
- years_of_income is now excluding all non-monthly incomes.
- rebels use the best possible unittype, not the one you have selected.

Could you rethink westernization during overextension? It could stop your game for 20 years as Russia just so you could stop your game to westernize :(

- coalitions will now always join in defensively in wars, even if they got a truce.

RIP WC, unless something changes in favor of it.
Every war brings the entire coalition and you can't afford breaking truces anymore.

RIP WC, unless something changes in favor of it.
Every war brings the entire coalition and you can't afford breaking truces anymore.
Indeed... Fix the peace treaties please!
Actually coalitions are fine and enjoyable to beat, they just mechanistically stop you from getting enough peace treaties due to the ridiculous warscore cost for non-leaders.

You know, when it comes time for EUV to be released, just give him a free copy of it in exchange for a free bug/exploit report ;)

Hello everyone, my first post on the forums after finally finding time to play the game after buying it. I`ve been browsing the topics and gathering needed knowledge for further Ironman games when checking out this topic http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Post-your-Europa-Universalis-4-Empire/page58 I found your post DDRJake ..... O H M Y G O D !!!!

That`s a hell inspiring concept to implement in my future games! Hats off man your the Final Boss!!!!

This seems exploitable. Say I utterly defeat the coalition destroying all their armies, sieging down all their provinces. I peace out and a couple new small countries instantly join the coalition due to the AE acquired. I then immediately attack one of them and can now take a second set of stuff from the coalition without having to actually fight it or break a truce. Truces exist for a reason.

I´ll jump on the wagon and congratulate Jake for breaking the game this way. It really takes a level of dedication, patience and (why not?) obsession which I find truly outstanding.

Regarding the fixes posted by Johan, I think the exiled armies not looting is not enough, really. Make it that if an army stays exiled more than a certain time (1 month, for example), they start having an increasing chance of being dismissed. Ryukyu really shouldn´t have been able to reach Spain that way...

This seems exploitable. Say I utterly defeat the coalition destroying all their armies, sieging down all their provinces. I peace out and a couple new small countries instantly join the coalition due to the AE acquired. I then immediately attack one of them and can now take a second set of stuff from the coalition without having to actually fight it or break a truce. Truces exist for a reason.
You still break the truce, man. They won't break it for being called to arms though.

If you declare war on a nation that joined the coalition because of the AE gained by the war vs the coalition you're not breaking a truce.
Oh yeah.

So, the old coalition leader will again become coalition leader, and since your troops will be in his area, you'll just siege everything down and claim his stuff again in short order. Peace and AE will be gained. Another nation joins, repeat.
The only thing that could break the cycle somewhat is if no new nation joins the coalition, or if the coalition leader is so weakened that he won't be re-assigned as such, which just means you'll have to move your siege armies.

with these new rules , can it be done again? hmm ...

With these changes... WC might become impossibru. Thanks Paradox for keeping the game challenging. :cool:

Call it a DDRJake Patch? :p