- Dec 28, 2010
I've decided to finally do an AAR, and seeing as the new DLC and Patches added some nice English mechanics, I chose England as the topic. I have to disclaim right here that I'm not a great EU4 player; in fact, I am fairly terrible at it. I don't like to conquer a lot of things and generally try to keep my realm small. Hopefully the new mechanics will make this into a good playing style. Here are some more disclaimers:
1) Not playing on Iron Man. I reserve the right to mod the game to make it more interesting. I will try to mod it only in ways that don't benefit me but that benefit the narrative. Whenever I do cheat to achieve something, I will put it in the footnotes.
2) The AAR will flirt with history but not be too committed to it. I will try to include historical refences and write everything in a way that makes the most sense given the period, but this will not always be the case. Expect dates and stuff to be shuffled around to make it more convenient.
3) English is not my first language, so sorry for any weird sentences, words or just general nonsense.
4) Feel free to criticize the AAR, since that'll help improve it.
5) Not all of the stuff described in the AAR will actually happen in game, but will be there for flavour.
Reign of Henry the Sixth:
Chapter 1 - A Fragile Peace
Chapter 2 - Irish Troubles
Chapter 3 - Troubled Waters of Iberia
Reign of Margaret de Anjou:
Chapter 4 - The Spanish War