• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Egg rolls!
Revenge!
Egg rolls!
Delicious!

The Blood Court really is a light and fun social gathering. I don't see what everyone is nervous about. So what they're all vampires satiating their need for blood, nobody's perfect...
Albert is really growing on me, his calculated yet smooth demeanour, his dominance of the situation. There's such a dark and mischievous elegance to it. I can only imagine what satanic affairs he will be executing in the new world. I'm definitely looking forward to his trip.

I think that you're balancing it very stylishly - it occasionally feels Godfather-esque, and then you drop in something utterly supernatural (although invariably delicately done). Very compelling.
Thank you very much
The Blood Court really is a light and fun social gathering. I don't see what everyone is nervous about. So what they're all vampires satiating their need for blood, nobody's perfect...
Albert is really growing on me, his calculated yet smooth demeanour, his dominance of the situation. There's such a dark and mischievous elegance to it. I can only imagine what satanic affairs he will be executing in the new world. I'm definitely looking forward to his trip.
I am looking forward to it as well :) And thank you.

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable birthday. Hope your holiday is pleasant and relaxing :)
How very delightfully English a way to celebrate one’s birthday! Far more wholesome company and fare than Albert was experiencing. Better jam than claret! :D

Well that sounds lovely. Have a wonderful break @stnylan - recharge those batteries!
Egg rolls!
Revenge!
Egg rolls!
Delicious!

Thank you all. Unfortunately ... well, this week has seen my ex (ie, my daughter's mum, with whom I maintain a fairly amicable relationship) in hospital for several days for a non-covid (but very real) health issue. Thankfully she is now out and on suitable medication for the issue revealed. Crossing fingers nothing else crops up. However, this has meant for the last several days my chief concern has been trying to ensure a very worried 8 year-old gets through the scary experience of parent in hospital for an unknown reason. And then, to top it all, my monitor died.

Thankfully new monitor arrived today, and as mentioned my ex is now out of hospital. However I have not touched the forums since the weekend as I know will be understood, and probably won't have a chance to catch up for a day or two yet. This means the next update will likely be a little delayed as well.

So really just a note explaining my absence.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not sure why I was quoted there but glad to hear from you regardless! All the best.

Last edited:
Because you're an AARland institution.
Like Broadmoor.
DYAEiOu.gif

Best of luck with your busy life and its various challenges @stnylan . Hope things work out and you can escape living in interesting times and achieve some peace.

Like Broadmoor.
DYAEiOu.gif

I was just thinking that...
Just getting through the architect/engineering difference on Echoes of a New Tomorrow. Reminds me of the Legend of the STE.

Last edited:
All the best to you, @stnylan! Glad to hear you are through with your recent problems. :)

Like Broadmoor.
DYAEiOu.gif

I was thinking more British Rail. Calamitous, out of control, lethal, probably going to be privatised after a desperate and doomed rearguard action in favour of several smaller enterprises that lack the shabby chic of the original.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I was thinking more British Rail. Calamitous, out of control, lethal, probably going to be privatised after a desperate and doomed rearguard action in favour of several smaller enterprises that lack the shabby chic of the original.

...I can only take so much praise, my friends.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
...I can only take so much praise, my friends.
Anyway, better to be an institution than having someone trying to put you in one. That may be faint praise, but rest assured I’m not attempting to damn you with it. I think. ;)

@stnylan as always my very best wishes for what I hope proves a transient little bit of unpleasantness. It’s never easy when kids are involved and of course requires full and careful attention. The next instalment will come at its Gandalf-appointed time. Until then, the best of British to you.

What a stressful week. Glad everything is doing better.

@stnylan I just started my way through this yarn of yours, but I wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you, and I'm glad things have taken a turn for the better. Hospitals are never a fun experience. :(

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I am delighted to say the second-half of the week had altogether far less going on than the first. Indeed, my daughter and I did virtually nothing the last two days (apart from enjoying each other's company, playing Lord of the Rings Online, catching up on the Jelle's Marble Runs Marbleleague (my daughter being an avid Raspberry Racer supporter).

But now I am alone again and catching up on my reading. I hope to even make a stab at some writing later today, and perhaps even firing up HoI4 to knock off some more of the game too.

Again, thank you for all your support.

I'm too young to remember the big mmos but have always been facilitated by the stories that come out of them, especially wow and eve online.

Glad to hear things are going easier these days.