• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm so sorry to hear this my friend. As others have said, we do not consider you such. My best wishes and prayers are with you. We'll keep on touch!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll PM you.

As so many others have said, we do greatly value you here. And not just for the post count, but for yourself.

If my own experiences with the black dog are any indication, you do know this, but it is hard to believe. I'm glad you're able to work on recovery with your therapist, and will gladly welcome you when you're able to return.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. Take all the time you need to put the dragon of depression to sleep. We will welcome you back with open arms, when you're ready to do so.
All the best.

Reactions:
I have nothing original to add, just echoing the sentiments of others. As you hopefully deep down know you are appreciated and valued here and if there is anything we can do to help you need only ask.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your emotional struggles. This has been a really hard year, and I've often felt the same. I hope that you're able to get well soon.

I just read. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your struggles. My thought are with you and I hope for your recovery. Take time with your therapy, with your closed ones.
You are really appreciated here and we will be happy when you'll find you're to come back here.

I've been taking some time off the forums myself lately for somewhat similar reasons (though partly also due to time commitments from my most recent job), so I understand where you're coming from. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers until you feel comfortable with coming back; here's hoping for a restful hiatus and a speedy recovery.

So.

First off I should thank you all for your support. Unfortunately my absence has a new additional cause.

See, last Tuesday started a normal day. I woke up, did the ordinary morning businesses, made myself a mug of tea, and sat down in my armchair. Given it is a very comfy armchair and zi hadn't had the best of nights I dozed off, tea un-drunk.

Some hours later I get woken up by my ex saying she was on the way to drop our daughter off as planned, as she had a work visit to do. My ex and I are very amicable btw. Great, I said, I would be down to be there when they drove up.

So I stood up, but my right leg didn't get the memo it needed to wake up. So when I went to put some weight on it, it complained most vehemently and refused to weight bear. This resulted in my knee bending sideways in a biomechanically inadvisable fashion, and resulted with me fall to the floor. I will admit the decibel volume in my room did rise somewhat, and some not entirely polite things may have been expressed in a slightly immoderate manner.

I did manage to make it to my door to unlock it, but then had to tell my ex I was not perhaps in an ideal state of health.

Emergency call later, paramedics out, ambulance to hospital and resulting investigations show that as I fell my tendon snapped to top of my fibula, a bunch of ligaments were damaged or torn, including the ACL, as was the nerve.

I have been in hospital ever since.

On the "bright" side now I know what a "professional" meeting with some rugby forwards (translation for US readers: couple of SEC linebackers) would be like.

Needless to say this has caused a certain alteration of my plans. I was actually due to go back to work thus week, as matters have been improving. My therapy has and is proving very productive. Of course, it has also proved to be quite harrowing at times too, but I think that is a sign of the therapy being worthwhile.

So I am checking in to unfortunately say my absence will be longer than intended.

And to give a piece of advice. Don't break your leg. It hurts.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So.

First off I should thank you all for your support. Unfortunately my absence has a new additional cause.

See, last Tuesday started a normal day. I woke up, did the ordinary morning businesses, made myself a mug of tea, and sat down in my armchair. Given it is a very comfy armchair and zi hadn't had the best of nights I dozed off, tea un-drunk.

Some hours later I get woken up by my ex saying she was on the way to drop our daughter off as planned, as she had a work visit to do. My ex and I are very amicable btw. Great, I said, I would be down to be there when they drove up.

So I stood up, but my right leg didn't get the memo it needed to wake up. So when I went to put some weight on it, it complained most vehemently and refused to weight bear. This resulted in my knee bending sideways in a biomechanically inadvisable fashion, and resulted with me fall to the floor. I will admit the decibel volume in my room did rise somewhat, and some not entirely polite things may have been expressed in a slightly immoderate manner.

I did manage to make it to my door to unlock it, but then had to tell my ex I was not perhaps in an ideal state of health.

Emergency call later, paramedics out, ambulance to hospital and resulting investigations show that as I fell my tendon snapped to top of my fibula, a bunch of ligaments were damaged or torn, including the ACL, as was the nerve.

I have been in hospital ever since.

On the "bright" side now I know what a "professional" meeting with some rugby forwards (translation for US readers: couple of SEC linebackers) would be like.

Needless to say this has caused a certain alteration of my plans. I was actually due to go back to work thus week, as matters have been improving. My therapy has and is proving very productive. Of course, it has also proved to be quite harrowing at times too, but I think that is a sign of the therapy being worthwhile.

So I am checking in to unfortunately say my absence will be longer than intended.

And to give a piece of advice. Don't break your leg. It hurts.
Coincidentally I had this exact same thing happen to me last year
My leg twisted in an unnatural way and I tore a ligament for no reason. I was at home and I don't do sports

Get well soon
I will pray for you

• 1Like
Reactions:
Even if it is to deliver less than fortuitous news, it is very good to hear from you stnylan. Agonising leg break aside (and my deepest sympathies to you on that score), I’m glad to hear that your therapy has been going productively. From experience I know that it’s not always a given, so well done for seeing it through. I hope your physical recovery goes along with a similar level of success.

Best wishes to you. Hopefully we will all have you back with us before long! :)

Reactions:
Even if it is to deliver less than fortuitous news, it is very good to hear from you stnylan. Agonising leg break aside (and my deepest sympathies to you on that score), I’m glad to hear that your therapy has been going productively. From experience I know that it’s not always a given, so well done for seeing it through. I hope your physical recovery goes along with a similar level of success.

Best wishes to you. Hopefully we will all have you back with us before long! :)
See, if I could produce leg breaks that resulted in agonising wickets for opposing batsmen I would be quite happy :)

Alas, my sense of humour is idiosyncratic awful, but I decided to share

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Glad to hear your therapy is going well. I wish you the best.

I hope you will find full recovery soon with your leg, and once again, you have all my support.

Get well soon. ;)

Reactions:
See, if I could produce leg breaks that resulted in agonising wickets for opposing batsmen I would be quite happy :)

Alas, my sense of humour is idiosyncratic awful, but I decided to share

Took me a second, but I got there in the end! :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
well, b’God, you do get into some awful pickles! I didn’t do a react to your post because none of them seemed appropriate. So :eek:

My dear chap, that really does sound the most awful domestic accident. And out of nothing at all. By ‘get better soon’, with what you have described it’s going to be months more than weeks, but at least the other treatment had been going well. Do take care and hope you can get to some form of physical functioning before too long and the rehab goes ok.
Took me a second, but I got there in the end! :D
It was his wrong’un, hard to pick until it bowls you. ;)

but ... damn. Take care, my friend.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That sounds really painful! I hope you feel better soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ouch! Never fun breaking a bone. I wish you a speedy and restful recovery.

That said, the accident aside, I'm glad to hear that you've been doing better lately :) Definitely hoping to see more of you around once you're back in fighting form, both physically and mentally.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh my! Heal up! I'm glad the therapy has proven therapeutic. It's quite the offense to the language when it doesn't. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh my, my friend you do have some bad luck recently! My best wishes and prayers for your speedy recovery!

• 1Like
Reactions: