• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well if you have cossacks dlc, you can grant them provinces to lower their liberty desire.

But I suppose the entire PLC PU discussion is academic for this campaign :)

well if you have cossacks dlc, you can grant them provinces to lower their liberty desire.

But I suppose the entire PLC PU discussion is academic for this campaign :)
It's still (for me) just being lucky to get a PU. And as mentioned before the previous chapter, the game is already played. I'm quite lucky with it, since I can't play anything anymore after 1.16. The PLC didn't become a PU subject of the Empire. Maybe it's for the best ;)...

A few pages ago you wondered what the adjective for Gelre is, it is probably Gelder, but I'm not sure. :p

Anyway, subbing just in time to witness world becoming purple.

A few pages ago you wondered what the adjective for Gelre is, it is probably Gelder, but I'm not sure. :p

Anyway, subbing just in time to witness world becoming purple.
Thanks for clarifying that, and if it isn't Gelder it will be from now on :p!

I think the world won't be all purple, but at least a fair bit of it ;).

Some big empires around. Hard to be playing in the big league, I take it.

I'm still surprised to see the Timurids doing so well in your campaign, almost a shame that you're about to change that. Almost...:D

I'm still surprised to see the Timurids doing so well in your campaign, almost a shame that you're about to change that. Almost...:D
It's indeed quite surprising: or they get blowed up or they become superstrong. As a sidenote: next chapter probably arrives this evening or tomorrow.

Chapter XII: Blobbing mode activated
Chapter XII: Blobbing mode activated
Our previous chapter ended with the declaration of war against Hejaz which brought in the Timurids. They’re still big but the Empire is, of course, way more superior than those horde people.

O8hWsYD.jpg

lJoZjIc.jpg

They got defeated and stackwiped within months after the start of the war. Let’s push them back!

gRdhBxa.jpg

Meanwhile, a little representation of the push of the PLC through ‘Holy Roman’ lands: they have pushed to Hesse, and are probably going to push even further. If we’re “lucky” they will eventually border Spain, how sorry would it be if that would break their alliances :rolleyes:

7nbyPGT.jpg

But for now they’re just pushing once again further into Muscovite lands. Will this nightmare ever stop?

vKOOtny.jpg

We peaced the Timurids out, and we split them into two parts, a Timurid heartland and a Timurid Persia. There are already some rebels in Persia and I was hoping that they would break free, enabling me to take all those newly independent countries, but apparently their 33k army which was left over remained in Persia, defeating all the rebels.

Well, I guess we can’t always be lucky…

SJNJ6sp.jpg

Hejaz got peaced out, but we didn’t annex them: we want to defeat the Timurids later with this indirect method.

WzsGQGB.jpg

The DIP tech lvl got upgraded to lvl 24, enabling a new type of ship and a new building.

GQxFhBu.jpg

Some catholic die-hard rebels popped up in Austria and sieged half Austria and Hungary. The only downside of having no forts at all :(.

BrsWb1u.jpg

Our third colony was quickly found on the Brunei island, because Spain has landed there too. Scandinavia, Spain and Portugal all are flocking to the East Indies now.
Very strange that it’s only after we began to settle there first don’t you think?

ZOyLoUK.jpg

When the PLC-Muscovite war ended, the PLC signed an alliance with Scandinavia (which they broke for some reason I forgot).

0uOz8EF.jpg

I also thought I would be smart to declare on Khiva, because why not. But in the end it seemed that I couldn’t core it (damn you stupid Caspian Sea exception :mad:). So it was just a good training exercise for the Imperial troops.

YlD8q0G.jpg

The Imperial Administration got updated to the standards of the 18th century, now enabling a counting house to be build.

2nxTg2H.jpg

Meanwhile in India: we crushed Jaunpur so hard they now have to deal with internal conflicts. Go ahead, torn your nation apart, I’ll take the rest later.

7CvToJ1.jpg

And as a consequence, only some ducats were taken from Khiva.

pSnoWl5.jpg

But was it time for peace? Of course not: the Empire declared a holy war on Baluchistan, which is allied with, oh yes, Jaunpur. Ming joins again, so their alliance is, oh yes, once again broken. I love this indirect alliance breaking, it’s so nice :p

rezi5IH.jpg

The Imperial Academy got also updated to the new 18th century standards: a new type of artillery was unlocked and the artillery in general is much better now. This will surely help us in our Indian wars.

WN4KlHQ.jpg

QSZYyuY.jpg

Here you can see the result of military commanders fearing for their lives and a good, updated military army. Bye Jaunpur!

okVcHIT.jpg

Although we didn’t take much, we have almost all important trade centres of the Bengal Delta. Look at that marvellous and beautiful colour in India…

FdX06WJ.jpg

Baluchistan will cede most of their Indian holdings to us and will release Mewar (I'm very sorry @atwix, I couldn't resist ;)). I thought I could annex them later, but the Timurids declared on them and thus cutting me off from them.

9VN0oTk.jpg

Overextension has never been so high again. Those Indian provinces are most of the times very wealthy, but that’s mostly the north in the Delhi region. Yes, I’m looking at you Jaunpur, my precious ...

CgwxtWV.jpg

Another PLC-European nuisance which we just accept to be polite. New armies were also recruited as you can see on the background.

u7YyTK7.jpg

And Bavaria is just a TPM now, just like the Palatine. What a mess…

Q0oD5cW.jpg

A small overview of the current military in the world: the PLC and the Empire are almost equal if we look at the overview. Spain is third with half the Imperial troop count. Ming is 4th and Muscovy and Timurids are respectively 5th and 6th.

IQ1Vyhw.jpg

Our exploration idea group got filled until we received our 2nd colonist. He was send to colonise the islands east of Majapahit.

w5Itxn8.jpg

But colonizing is not the only method of expanding our colonial holdings: we declared a holy war against Mahajapit.

0WFqPWK.jpg

There goes their army. They won’t bring up much resistance, but they have quite some forts.

cZQUURI.jpg

Meanwhile in Arabia, we declared another holy war against Najd. No-one will join us, but Kilwa will on Najd’s side.

qgSJOBR.jpg

Najd got stackwiped from the first battle. There won’t be much resistance here either.

I2k7eDH.jpg

The quick blitzkrieg war in the East Indies ended: Mahajapit will cede their northern coastal holdings to us. The Imperial army will stay there until everything is cored and converted, rebels will become a problem there, far far away from the mainland.

qyELOhk.jpg

And another reports of a peace treaty of a PLC-Muscovite war flocks into Constantinople. And how surprisingly, Muscovy lost again. If the PLC continue pushing east like that, they may end up at the Pacific near the year 1800 :rolleyes:.

jSzYBfg.jpg

Tragic news reached us: our Basileus Theodosios died in Mecca. His heir Alexios VI (4/3/1) will be the new Basileus of the Empire. Alexios apparently loves his name very much, because his heir is also named Alexios (5/2/1).

J5qwTPR.jpg

Najd and Kilwa got peaced out: Kilwa will cede their Arabian holdings to us, and the other end of the strait to Africa. Najd will cede almost all their holdings to us except those near the wasteland. They’re no longer a threat anymore.

EfzXbng.jpg

The Military Academy once again announced the upgrade of the military: new models are available to the Empire and the army is, again, of a much better quality. Long live the Empire!

DNvd5yM.jpg

The DIP tech got upgraded to lvl 25, enabling a threedecker which we probably never will use, but we got the blueprints should we need them.

lf9S7dx.jpg

Do you still remember this event in 1500/1600? I was right, the disaster might trigger and now it seems it did. But as I predicted, the Ottomans are already so weak it doesn’t matter anymore.

FfNLPQz.jpg

The Empire continued its aggressive foreign policy against heretics: the Empire declared war on Hejaz dragging in the Timurids (don’t ask me why I didn’t make them co-belligerent, probably would’ve been better, but I can’t remember anymore). That good memory of mine :rolleyes:...

5wE2aQl.jpg

45Y4Z4C.jpg

1fTkKs1.jpg

F6Po6Oy.jpg

Well, that war went very well. After the capital of the Timurids, Samarkand, fell it was obvious they had lost. I can understand why Europeans felt superior to the rest of the world in the 18th century...

B5OwDtZ.jpg

The Timurids were relieved from their duty to guard most of Timurid Persia. Trebizond will get all those provinces and we’ll annex Trebizond after that.

MLi31Hh.jpg

Hejaz was now fully annexed. Who will be next?

5wc6l4t.jpg

The Mamluks of course: Egypt is legally Imperial territory. We will take it back, re-uniting Egypt under Byzantine control.
The black squares where normally the units of both armies stand is black because at the moment when I took the screenshot, the game froze. I’m sorry for it, just like all the stripes o_O.

vAvxHto.jpg

The Imperial Administration was lacking behind because of all the recent conquests the Empire has done in Asia and India, but it got the chance to upgrade to lvl 25. It didn’t reward us much though.

cfUrjrG.jpg

Wow, what? Oh no, NOT AGAIN :mad:?! Those filthy Moroccans are bastards, all of them! But they’ll be punished now, I swear.

AtelyvJ.jpg

The Imperial armies received the message to siege Morocco down until they would surrender. They wanted revenge for sacking Rome (again)...

q0doASc.jpg

Meanwhile in Asia, Ming had declared their own war against the Timurids and took one province from them. I don’t know if I have to be happy or not now…

E18KiAt.jpg

It would turn out to be happy: Ming demanded them to release Khorasan, Khiva again (they annexed them after our own war ended) and Kazakh. The rest is out of reach but we are able to take Khorasan. Thank you Ming :D!

juO2fnr.jpg

When the Imperial armies arrived at the Moroccan capital, they capitulated: they will annual all their treaties with Mali (because … reasons). We showed them who the boss around the Mediterranean is.

LMkRR5u.jpg

And the Mamluks got reduced to a silly TPM in the west now. May the Empire flourish even more!

TosxtpC.jpg

Our mission for almost 100 years is now finished, to recover Alexandria. Happy days lie ahead of us...

kJNnpyg.jpg

Khorasan got fully annexed.

CLb00m7.jpg

Trebizond received all the Timurid provinces from the last war and it is now time to annex our loyal vassal. This means the corridor between the capital and the rest of the Empire is gone by then. This means we need another corridor for India.

K4kRRe1.jpg

Which we found in Tabarestan. And I was right to take them, they’ve got a full administrative and religious idea group filled. Can’t be better, right?

CbvoYnP.jpg

And look at that, a nice corridor between Europe and Asia. At least, that’s what I thought. I guess because of Hormuz with the straits it’s not considered overseas. If I had known that :(...

aa2kZjJ.jpg

And to end, another beginning of a Byzantine-Indian war. This time we declare on Berar, which is allied to, oh yes, Jaunpur. And Ming is joining again so, oh yes, that alliance block is broken again.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it and see you next week, but a bit earlier than normal. I'll probably post the next chapter on Thursday because I'll be away for a week on Friday.

Last edited:
You need to connect all your enclaves, those borders are some absolutely filthy gore. :p
Agreed. I can hardly look at that map.:p

Reactions:
You need to connect all your enclaves, those borders are some absolutely filthy gore. :p
Agreed. I can hardly look at that map.:p
You already answered even before the last part was posted? I love you boys :p!

And what's wrong with some border gore? You should blame the Timurids for that, it's all their fault. They're bastards, all of them!

You've definitely got some creative borders... but progress is progress. At this rate, the Commonwealth and the Byzantine Empire will split Eurasia between each other.

That's probably even worse borders than what I'm doing in my current campaign, lol. :p
Hope it's gonna get better soon. (great progress though)

is there a reason why you use holy war, instead of imperialism? The latter cb has 75% cost for all provinces... Roleplaying?

And why tech up diplo tech after lvl 23.. all points after that sgould go into integration of vassals ;)

But that is my one-tag mind speaking.

Yeah, I almost also fell for the new hormus strait trap in my Qing AAR. Luckily I saw it in time :)

So, which holiday resort in oceania will be colonised first, to give your Basileus an option to get a tan? Hawai? Tahiti? Bora Bora?

is there a reason why you use holy war, instead of imperialism? The latter cb has 75% cost for all provinces... Roleplaying?

And why tech up diplo tech after lvl 23.. all points after that sgould go into integration of vassals ;)

But that is my one-tag mind speaking.

Yeah, I almost also fell for the new hormus strait trap in my Qing AAR. Luckily I saw it in time :)

So, which holiday resort in oceania will be colonised first, to give your Basileus an option to get a tan? Hawai? Tahiti? Bora Bora?
With holy war you don't need to spend DIP, while with Imperialism you have to.

I actually just tech up, I didn't thought of it. I also don't have that many vassals which consume many DIP points to integrate. But indeed, if you don't tech up anymore you have enough DIP to use for peace treaties.

And I'm going to disappoint you there: all holiday resorts were already occupied and they don't have any vacancies anymore until January 1820 :(. Those damn Portuguese and British tourists :rolleyes:...

wait, what? Spending dip with imperialism cb?

well, they made it so that seperate peaces with holy war cb now cost diplo points.

Yet to test if same applies to imperialism, but it should do so.

And of course it was RP! Noone ever imperialised India... Right?

well, they made it so that seperate peaces with holy war cb now cost diplo points.

Yet to test if same applies to imperialism, but it should do so.

And of course it was RP! Noone ever imperialised India... Right?
Imperialising India? Never heard of that, though imperialising Bora Bora or all other holiday resorts is common :p.