• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess it sucks to be France.

The news of Fraticelli spreading is good.

• 2Like
Reactions:
1243-1244

The mission to raid the laboratory of Sirhan ends due to my partner Chimalli dying while the mission was activate.

The war focused project is completed and Corccan gains a handgun.
Screenshot (2049).jpg

Corccan reaches rank 3 in the Hermetic Society.

Chimalli is honored in a ceremony.

Another Duchy has de jure drifted to Ireland.

Corccan visits Kola to see how well the Fraticelli mass conversion went.
Screenshot (2063).jpg

As for the Holy War for Latiuum.

Early on, the Aztecs land 364 men on Ireland. This small army is wiped out. The Irish armies are gathered and transported to Brittany to siege the Aztec Emperor's demesne.
Screenshot (2052).jpg

The Aztecs land a army at my capital. I was mostly done sieging the Aztec holdings in Brittany. I moved my armies back to Ireland and defeat this Aztec Army. During the battle, we duel the Aztec Emperor.

A shot from Corccan's hangun kills Huetlatoani Cuitahuac. To kill a Aztec Emperor is a great achievement.

I have enough war score to end the war but I keep it going a little longer to chase after the defeated Aztec Army.
Screenshot (2067).jpg

Near the end of October 1244, I end the Holy War for Latium and Rome is ours.
Screenshot (2087).jpg

The Fraticlli Papacy is created. Fraticelli now has a religious head and a College of Cardinals.

Unfortunately the Fraticelli Pope is of questionable character. Pope Eugenius is gluttonous and slothful. Next month November 1244, he has gained the Wicked Priest trait.
Screenshot (2098).jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Yeah, where did the handgun come from? Did the society discover time travel?

Good job getting a Fraticelli Pope, but his character is a shame. I wonder if he could be... convinced to step down from his role.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Good job getting a Fraticelli Pope, but his character is a shame. I wonder if he could be... convinced to step down from his role.
Maybe the handgun will prove useful in dealing with the Fraticelli Pope too?

• 2Like
Reactions:
From this posting, it seems that conquering Rome was easier than expected.
I did not expect to see a handgun show up in CKII. That's a new one for me but have not dabbled much with that particular Society in past plays.

The handgun was a welcomed surprise. The Hermetic Society is really doing the wonders.

I am hoping the Fraticelli Pope does not cause issues. This is not a good look for Fraticelli.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1244-1246

The HRE is losing Holy Wars for their African territories and the Fraticelli Pope calls a Crusade for Italy.
Screenshot (2105).jpg

Corccan's trip to the High Chief of Kola goes well. The news of the wicked character of the Fraticelli Pope spreads.
Screenshot (2110).jpg

The Aztec Empire has a Independence Civil War. As the Fraticelli College of Cardinals gets filled, it is likely the seats will be given to priests from Ireland. While hunting, Corccan buys a potion from a strange woman and becomes brave.
Screenshot (2128).jpg

Corccan receives a mission to observe the sky. He puts a big effort in his mission and will soon gather a crowd to witness a travelling of star fall.
Screenshot (2129).jpg

A peasant revolt occurs in Somerset. With some much territory, there is bound to be the occasional revolt that will have to be put down. Nothing bad comes from Corccan's fearful vision and he sends gold to Kola.
Screenshot (2139).jpg

Corccan makes a horoscope for his 3rd child and it seems Finnbarr will be a great scholar.

The Fraticelli Crusade target has changed to Jerusalem. This was probably due to the current Aztec Independence Civil War.
Screenshot (2148).jpg

Corccan arrives with his army to the Crusade for Jerusalem.
Screenshot (2172).jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Capturing Jerusalem could easily be something to gloat about to the Catholics...

Why would the king buy a strange potion?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Capturing Jerusalem could easily be something to gloat about to the Catholics...

Why would the king buy a strange potion?
The King is getting old. Why not take risks at such a old age? The King is looking for some excitement.
Is Jerusalem (county) part of the crusade target? (ie tan or green realm) Thanks
The county of Jerusalem is not part of the Crusade. It is in green, part of the Seljuk realm.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1246-1247

The Irish Army lands and starts to siege. A major battle occurs to the north at Montfort.
Screenshot (2174).jpg

The Jihad for Ifriqiya is successful and Corccan becomes a friend with a dead friend's son.
Screenshot (2177).jpg

Corccan receives a upsetting vision and his spymaster takes some soldiers to search for a artifact.
Corccan gains 100 gold from the Prodanclli family after he assembles a angry mob to threaten to burn down their trade post in Barcelona.
Screenshot (2190).jpg

Corccan buys a golden sword while on his Crusade and successfully completes the mission to observe the stars.

By this time, the armies from other Fraticelli are arriving and joins my army for a major battle at Adelon. Corccan even fueled a enemy commander and a noble distinguished himself in the battle.
Screenshot (2199).jpg

Screenshot (2207).jpg

Victory is near and a portion of the army is sent to battle against the enemy. Our troops looked to be winning at first but enemy reinforcements arrived. My initial forces were being routed and the battle nearly ended but my reinforcements arrived.

The Battle of Beit Dejan is my biggest battle so far. Massive troop numbers on both sides. Despite early loses, we win in the end.
Screenshot (2210).jpg

Several days later, victory is declared for the Jerusalem Crusade.
Screenshot (2224).jpg

The conquered counties are given to Cuetzpalli, a 1st cousin twice removed to Corccan.
Screenshot (2231).jpg

For his part in massively contributing to 2 Crusades, Corccan becomes the founder of a Crusader bloodline. He also receives a nail of the true cross and Skull of Saint Paul of Tarsus.
Screenshot (2226).jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Catholics certainly won't like that. After all, their crusades never really succeeded...

Will the Seljuks be targeted next, or are they too big and powerful?

• 1Like
Reactions: