• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah sure. I neville myself peace all the time, but thats because I am a terrible person.

I am not sure where I am going with this. :(

Herbert West said:
However, if its is fine with you, readers, I'll give myself a house rule. Since Britain is horribly moronic when it comes to peace settlements, is is okay with all of you if I neville myself a white peace in case the fronts have not changed in let say, three years?

Vote!
Well, sure. I often use a cheat to get out of a war that is going nowhere. And the Brits are especially prone to that. Never accepting any white peace agreements, but also not using a single man of their incredible military power to fight.

I dont think I have any way of getting him back, though:S

germanpeon: Well, that comes from colonial manpower, becouse the AI converts its population to soldiers, and as long as the AI nation exsists, or I am at war, they wont be converted back. I do intend to fully exploit this, becouse attrition is THE killer if it comes to colonial wars. I can accepts losing man to enemy fire, but loosing hlaf my whole army (as the next update will show) simply becouse the terrain is non-industrialised is beyond acceptable, thus, I'll use vietnamese to bleed for me.

All: Okay, then I'll whitepeace myself out of pointless wars.

Update today/tonight. Its going to be bloody.

Indochina: Check!​

This update begins with a retooling of my intellectual establishment, again. I am behind in all techs, but, as I plan to expand my territory, I need a good army, and a good research team to do this:

intellect.jpg

Due to this, well, lets say, glitch I mentioned, I have a huge manpower pool:

manpower.jpg

I immidiately prepare to exploit this:

buildup.jpg

In about ten moths, the stockpiles fill up (I expanded my reserve twice), and must be lowered:

recruit-1.jpg

Colonial troops to fight and die...

japrecruit.jpg

.. and japanese troops for the warscore​

I also expand my fortifications along the indian border, to deter the lapdog from attacking:

fortify.jpg

I also build myself a rudimentary navy of sorts, in preparation for the conquest of Korea and a clash with the russian "navy":

raiders.jpg

With everything in place, we declare war upon Siam:

siam.jpg

I have positioned groups of four vietnamese divisions in provinces that link to siamese provinces. The plan is to quickly race down to the BI border, and gobble the rest of the country up afterwards:

openingmoves.jpg

And in about half a year, we conquer Siam:

peace-1.jpg

And now, the reason why I am using colonial troops:

This group did not fight s single siamese soldier. And has lost about half its strenght nevertheless.

attrition.jpg

In the meantime, our now-disposed-of emperor elects himself as God. Okay, I guess.

shinto.jpg

And on the other side of the globe, Prussia is on the plate for France and Austria:

frapruvol2.jpg

or maybe not:

pruwins.jpg

And Prussia gets a little too hungry now that it controlls the north german territories:

byebyydanes.jpg

Last edited:
Herbert West said:
In the meantime, our now-disposed-of emperor elects himself as God. Okay, I guess.

*chuckle*

Always fun. Guess you got your emperor back! Consider it a pope-construction:).

Good AAR, and consider me reading.
Neville-ing would be good, just tell us when you use it.

Nice AAR,

I had to start my own Japan game, trying your approach, after I read your AAR (although I was hit by a revolution after accepting the dutch letter .. irregulars are so useless -.-)

Well I vote yes for the ending of the war, I hate the stubborn AI too sometimes

Lord Finnish said:
Does Vicky AI really accept such peace like your 205% demand?
That would never happen in Eu2 :p
If you, for example, overrun every single province of Austria-Hungary (and somehow keep the partisans in check -- Vicky partisans are ridiculous; given enough space for any invasion force to face, and they're overall stronger than the entire German army in the best of times! :rolleyes: ), you can literally demand everything except Vienna itself and has it accepted.

Vicky AI treats being completely occupied as serious business compared to the ever-stubborn EU AI.

Of course, such a coup would have your BB explode so horribly that every great power bordering you should declare war soon, if not immediately, and repeat that feat every 5 years after the peace treaty expires. Oh, and you'll pretty much forget about anything remotely diplomatic for the rest of the game.

He doesn't have that problem though: as long as you don't annex, beating up uncivilized nations have virtually no consequences except the prestige loss needed to declare war...which sometimes isn't even a problem if the victim nation is bankrupt and has a negative prestige score.

Ryukyuese Crisis​

While the fronts in Indochina have seen no apparent action since the conquest of Siam, the diplomatic side is bristling with activity:

king.jpg

The King of some little island chain off the coast of China, or sohuld I say, off our coast, decides to come and visit Japan, and offer us alligeance. Sadly, the chinese refuse, so all we get are two cores on a vassal we cant declare war on becouse the game always whitepeaces me out of it. Sigh.

So anyway, after some time, the chinese decied to insult our fihsermen, or something like that.

fisherman.jpg

This gives us a casus belli, and we declare war upon China, in hopes of setting of an event that gives Ryukyu to Japan, so that I never have to spell that again.

Alas, China is now guaranteed by those who do not want other to punch their punchingbag:

waar.jpg

(British India whitepeaced out some time earlier, much to my delight)

We do what all sensible player do when in a war with China: Invade Bejing!

being.jpg

The chinese return the favojur by invading Indochina:

chineseincursion.jpg

They are repelled sometime later, and as no event fired for a year despite me having taken the chinese capital and made up camp there, I accepted their peace offer of two Yuannese provinces. I forgot to take a screenshot, though. I'll probably give these back to China and write me an event that gives me Ryukyu in return if I dont get those islands by lets say, 1885.

On the domestic front, we abloish our age-old institution of samuraiship. While the prestige hit hurts, especially after gobbling up Burma and paying 100 prestige for that, the literacy increase gives me an extra 0,2 RP a month, jumping me from 1,2 to 1,4 RP/month, that means, about three techs in two years. Still not quite enough to catch up with the West, but good nevertheless.

samurai.jpg

And we also ohld our first ever elections that the liberal party wins. This is good, as it helps me with my now populous minorities (policy was residence, is now limited citizenship)

politics-1.jpg

Then, after some years of war, I am finally able to whitepeace the Brits:

peacebrits.jpg

And, judging from their buildup in Singapore, just in time:

singapore.jpg

I also whitepeace Russia and France, all without a single cheat.

This, however, has some negative effects on our manpower situation, as the demobilization events fire for my colonies:

demob.jpg

And now, the beginnigs of the Korean Kuagmire

So, firstly, Korea insults some japanese merchants by refusing to be bought up by the bulk. They are even giving me a Casus Belli. How nice.

saigo.jpg

saigodead.jpg

Come on, come on!

kortrade.jpg

Chicken.

Ah, well, we might just as well give you some tech:

techkorea.jpg

So, this is the state of things in 1876. Japan is at peace, with a hugely bloated army, and Korea chickened out of being whiped of the map by me. Bugger.​

robou: Well, yes. I am curious what will become of this. The map looks so ugly this way.

oddman, Ich_bins: Welcome on borad!

Ahura Mazda: For five years:)

Lord Finnish: Irenicus has got it right. I admit, this two-pronged annexation is a bit of an exploit, as I get the whole country for 0, yes, zero BB points, but I am not yet ready for badboy wars. They shall come someday, I think, but not before 1900.

Is it even possible to have a war with Korea through events? I dont know about VIP but in Ricky I have always had to manually DoW Korea because they always apologize. :(

just declare war on them, and sometimes China gives them a GoI so it is a good way of getting round having the great powers beating you up. I got in that situation as Russia, and i tried every way to get to war with China without the GPs GoI of them. I declared war on Kashgar (Chinese ally) and they dishonoured, declared war on Korea (GoI) and they dishonoured. Eventually i got bored, blitzed china and sunk the Franco-British Fleet.