• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd go for manchuria.

V: The Long Road to War

With Korea in our grasp, we were ready to invade Manchuria.
mach.jpg

Ming had guaranteed them. So this war is a no-go for now. There's only one thing left to do:

During the next year, we sent them about 10 insults, hoping that they DoW us.
It would be too boring to exactly tell you what i did for the next years. I just improved diplomatic relations, got 5 merchants on every CoT visible...
CoT.jpg

...yeah, and one thing was above all: I improved relations with Champa, as i hoped they would accept my offer for vassalisation. This was the result:

champ.jpg

And they accepted! (Never before managed to do this lol.)
Then, just when we were ready to load our units into boats and head towards Indochina, Manchu declared war.

chpjoins.jpg

Our new, loyal ally Champa joined the war. I wasn't allied with Korea, so they didn't intervene. It's good, because otherwise Manchu would have conquered it.

Manchuria's armies were disorganized, small and scattered all over the country. Easy cake.

fastert.jpg

Three armies attacked: One 10,000 men army from Korea, a 15,000 men army from the sea to the shore region and one 3,000 men army from the east.
Meanwhile, the government is moving it's policies towards free trade.

free.jpg

War was going unexpectedly well, when we got stricken by inner problems.

conquer.jpg

But i guess it's a bug, as this is what resulted in the next month:

order.jpg

For those who don't know it already, Peasant's war increases revolt risk in every region by +10%.
Manchu was now crushed, and were waiting for our final decision.

And this was our offer (or demand):

peace.jpg

We take the coastal regions, aswell as the middle regions. This leaves them with three regions disconnected from each other. The other one (in the north) is covered by TI, so we haven't "found" it yet.

japan.jpg

Now, where's our next target?

I say:

Indochina.

And about conquering Korea, they can't sign peace if they are your vassal.

And about conquering Korea, they can't sign peace if they are your vassal.
I know. But i wasn't allied with them (i didn't cancel alliance because of this), and well, it is not bad.

You could have "discoverd" it by simply entering the area, it's possible once you're at war against the province owner, in case you didn't know ;)

I know, but i didn't know they had a region there. And they wouldn't have accepted the peace if i would have taken it and demanded it.

VI: Forming an Empire

With Manchuria in our grasp, we look forward for new opportunities. The whole Indochina is guaranteed by Ming, so we are soon preparing for a total war.
gove.jpg

In 1421, we finally reached government level 4. This granted us a national idea. We picked "Unam Sanctam", so we don't need a casus belli to DoW nations with different religions. And the best of all, there are only few Shinto countries.

Our new Golden Age seems to have started.
jiaijin.jpg

We gain prestige, we gain lots of money, we have an honourable reputation and we have armies. Only downside was the rebels ravaging in Manchuria.
But then, when the year changed, we noticed a nice message:

truceend.jpg

Truce was about to end. So that means... ANOTHER WAR!

Conflict begins with a war, conflict always ends in peace. So does this war.

So, when the time came, we declared war on the (small) kingdom of Manchuria.

war.jpg

Ming was also fighting Manchu, but not with us. After 6 months of sieging, we finally revealed their province hidden in Terra Incognita. It was seized by Ming.

mingclaikm.jpg

Still our warscore was +100. Time to make deals with Manchus.

peace-1.jpg

When the time will pass, we will annex them.
Then we noticed that Korea had been our vassal for ten years now. It means their annexation.

Strangely, they accepted it.

integrate.jpg

We quickly regained the stability.

A new era has begun! But how can y ou know it's here? To clear out things for the world, we adopted imperial administration.

sechsen.jpg

It lowered our stability by 3, making the situation in Korea & Manchuria worse. But we will regain it, and when it happens, we will crush Ming.

Coming up in few updates:
The Grand War against Ming.

Plus less tax. :D

Tomorrow's the next update. To reveal some more, i'll give you one picture.

reveal.jpg

Ming is ravaged by rebellions. Calls for a war, eh?

I guess you know what i'm doing next...

VII: Fall of an Empire & The Great War

1427. Stability regained.

whatwentwrong.jpg

What did we do wrong? Manchuria is ours, so is Korea.

We noticed that we had many spies. We decided to stir things up for Ming.

hingga.jpg

Also, there are rebellions in southern China.

emper.jpg

Jingu II rose to the throne of Japan. She will lead us to our victory.

Meanwhile, the situation in China looks good.

reveal.jpg

Wu and Kwatsomething declared independence.

trade.jpg

This is even better. We can now pick QFtNW as NI. All we need now is government level 9, then we get a new idea. After that, we assault europe & westernise.

worse.jpg

Situation in China is even worse.
This calls for a war.

dow-1.jpg

Soon, we are sieging some of their regions. We could just pass over the regions taken by rebels and the new countries.

siege-1.jpg

Now we'll skip about one year.

situation.jpg

Warscore at 38, we are ready to negotiate for peace. And this was the peace deal.

peace-2.jpg

But these new countries are a good opportunity to expand. Therefore, Wu as an OPM will feel the anger of Japanese people.

dow2.jpg

Hmm... i wonder who will win... i guess th...

wu.jpg

...ey lost

When the truce ends, we will start another war. Ming is crumbling.