• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Peter was relaxing at home, on one of his few days of rest. His work at the royal chancellery and rushing around the country for the EBC, was stressing Peter out. Plus Ximeno and Robert breathing down his neck 24/7. Though Ximeno was a nicer, taskmaster. He quickly saw a letter from Ximeno, opening it up he relied it was a letter about had he found out more trade.

Well he had in fact, for Italy, he had connected with a wealthy Florentine merchant, called Ottavio. Similar to Ximeno himself, he was looking to open up more trade with England, the strongest country in Europe at the moment, he had negotiated a deal, where the EBC would get trade right within Florence, while banning French merchants, this off cause had a downside, with some of the English trade power in the Mediterranean going to Florence, also he had negotiated a deal with the Venetians, who with the English Union with Austria had only got stronger for it, with their main threat removed from the picture. They got the same advantages as the Florentine's, but Venetian merchants had to be given free trade within Austria without tariffs.

Ireland and Iceland though Peter had not worked that hard on, for Iceland he worked with a few shipping companies to merge and become part of the EBC and take their goods from England to Iceland, making the EBC the dominate trading company going to Iceland.
Ireland, Peter had barely worked on, only recently getting back from Italy, Peter had to set up a meeting with Henry Walpole, which could easily be done in the future. But he needed to write a letter to Ximeno.

I have done what you asked and have gotten 2 deals with the Italian peninsula, the first with Florence would make the EBC the main trading partner with Florence, while banning French merchants. Though we would have to transfer some of our trading power in the Mediterranean to get the deal to work.
Venice was the other country, we got a similar deal with Florence, except Venice wouldnt ban French merchants and we would have to let Venice trade in Austria for free.

For Iceland, i have insisted a few shipping companies to merge with the EBC, so even if the EBC does not get the monopolies in Iceland, we will practically control all trade going on over there.
Ireland, I have done the same thing as with Iceland, though to gain official approval for any of the deals I will have to meet with Count Walpole, that I plan to do.
Except for Ireland everything is fine and I will begin preparing for Ireland immediately.
From Peter Andrews.

((I guess this is what I was supposed to write about.))

I thank you for accepting my offer, uncle. As for Elizabeth. I will allow her to fight with me. It would be good to know my family better.

Annemarie Morgan, Countess of Calais

((Before the update))

William was getting ready to leave his home, just had to clean up his desk and throw out the papers, that was when he found one in the bottom of the stash; it was a letter directed to him by Ximeno dated a month ago. He read throught it and then replied.
I know this might have come a little late, my steward forgot to hand me this letter. My father who worked for yours gained a lot of money just from being captain, even if it were just 1%, with the current riches of EBC it will still be a lot, so yes I accept your offer.

((Sorry for not answering, I forgot.))
((I don't have enough time for the IC about the explorations for today.))

Reactions:
Elizabeth was reading a letter from the master of coin who was enquiring about the new monopolies for the ERTC and EBC. Elizabeth, a greedy Queen, had zero interest in giving the EBC any additional monopolies next to Iberia. She made that crystal clear to Ximeno in her reply.
((To Ximeno))
Ximeno,
I agree that the ERTC shall receive a monopoly on the Low Countries and Scandinavia. However, we have not much trade going on in Germany as far as I am aware and therefore the ERTC shall not receive a monopoly at this point on the German region.
Regarding the EBC, it stands in direct competition to the Crown and therefore I see no reason to grant the EBC any monopolies. As with Germany. we have only little trading relations in Italy. Generally speaking, I have no interest in granting the EBC a monopoly which in the long run might hurt the ERTC and thereby myself. You surely must understand that. I have attache a decree that gives the ERTC monopolies Scandinavia and the Low Countries as has been requested by you.
On a different matter, how has the ERTC been doing in Shetland? I have been told that you sent Alyssa to Shetland instead of Bergen. She has been there for quite some time now. Is the business going well? After all, I always assumed that Shetland was an unimportant piece of land. Now that the ERTC has a monopoly on Scandinavia, Alyssa should maybe be sent to Scandinavia? Of course, I leave that decision to you since you know best where to send our merchants.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Queen of France, Queen of Scotland, Queen of Norway, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine

((To Duke Talbot))
That is very good to hear! I never had doubts in your loyalty. Your whole life you have served me well. I hope you have taught your daughter Victoria that loyalty is important, especially in these times of constant war.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Queen of France, Queen of Scotland, Queen of Norway, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine

Alyssa arrived back in the Shetland Isles from Iceland, where she ate the most vile of food, food that nations wouldnt even dare to serve the most criminal of criminals and sat in her cottage in which she was situated in, scribbling down notes in her journal from her journeys across the eastern kingdoms, she wanted to publish another book, but lacked the funds to do so. Perhaps requesting free publishing rights from the Queen may be useful? She’d have to think about that once she returned
But for now, her duty to the ERTC was in order, collect fish from the fishermen and then go back as soon as Ximeno requests. She walked out and over to the fishermens hut, barring the official letter from Ximeno himself, along with the royal seal of the ERTC and showed it, and they started to load up her boat with them as she paid the leader of the fishing village.
She heard soft neighing coming from over a hill and she decided to look, and what she saw were horses - miniature in stature and a different body shape, and oh my god were they the most adorable thing she had ever seen. She walked over to one and extended her hand, and the pony looked at her in confusion, Alyssa got closer and closer and stroked its mane, hearing a soft neigh come with it. At least she had one friend on the Isles.
She took two along with her - one male and one female, along with some food, and paid extra for them, she would show them to the Queen and hopefully the Queen would adore them as much as she did.
She wrote a quick letter to Ximeno, telling him she was to leave the Isles as she had completed her mission.

Dear Ximeno, Master of Coin, Leader of the Owls, Head of ERTC and EBC,
You appointed me to Shetland Isles to collect fish from the natives, and I am writing to inform you that I have done as you asked, and was able to collect a specimen from the Isles, not one that I have seen before, I am going to leave the Isles in due haste to return to London, I will be waiting for your next appointment.
Your truly,
Alyssa Nuzhat, Merchant of the ERTC.

She boarded her ship, along with her new companions and set sail away from this god forsaken place.
She hated Shetland Isles.

Last edited:
((This happens during the Update))
((First travel during the update))
Captains Log - March 1474
“It has been many days since we parted from the Azores after resupplying our ships, the wind that helped us in the first days has taken us far away for what I believe were our original route. I have been fighting with my quartermaster for three days because I believe he misread the maps I gave him. I believe that if we do not see land soon, we will have to return soon to England. The Queen surely won’t be happy about this”

After returning from his travel, Hayk went to his house in London, he needed a long time with his family. While knocking the door, Hayk noticed that he did not hear the cheerful singing of His wife that has always welcomed him after months on the sea. He opened the door and saw his son Friedrich crying and his brother-in-law Ignazio, trying to console him.

Hayk: What is happening here my son, where is your Mother?

Friedrich: Vater!! The young boy ran to his father direction and hugged him while criying “mother is gone”. Those words shocked Hayk, he turn his gaze to Ignazio.

Ignazio: Niño, your father must be hungry and thirsty. Take this money and go to tavern, say to them that I send you. Friedrich cleaned his face, took his uncle money and went to the tavern, he was a good boy thought ignazio.(Sigh) Poor boy, I went to visit them as you asked me to and I found him alone.

Hayk: Where is Laura?

Ignazio: I don’t know my friend, the neighbors told me she just went out one day. My sister has always had some strange quirks since a Child and this may just be a phase.

Hayk still in shock, just muttered “I…I need some rest”

Ignazio: (Sigh) Sister, don’t tell me you were having second thoughts all this time said Ignazio in Low voice.

((Second travel during the Update))
Captain’s Log -December 1474

We parted from Corks some days ago, after we heard the news of the Royal’s navy victory over the franks and this time we carry a special guess, William Becket, a self called “Conquistador” who has received orders to investigate the lands. He is here is here in the Kilkenny. We have had some discussion about this travels to India and I am interested to see what he will find in those lands we discovered in the last voyage.
Captain’s Log -March 1475
We have arrived to India again after some months in the sea. Herr Beckett asked me to drop him in the first place we could, so we got close to what looked like a river delta, a big one. I declare my respect for Herr Beckett courage’s for accepting this dangerous endeavor and sailed away after he safely landed. After that we kept traveling trying to reach any Indian port but we failed, I am starting to believe that I will need to check my initial calculations.
This time, Ignazio and Friedrich were waiting at the dock, when they saw the Kilkenny getting close to the port.

Hayk: My boy my brother, it’s been a long time since i saw you. He turned to his crew Boys, rest a bit and finish this. Then you can go to the Tavern, I’ll pay the first round.

Friedrich: Vater! How the travel was, did you finally reached India?

Hayk: We were close my Son, I believe Mr Beckett will send good news about his discoveries. How about you boy, have you been training?

Friedrich: Yes Vater! I want to show you!

Ignazio: You’ll show him once we get home. Es bueno verte de vuelta sano y salvo ((It’s good to see you came back safe and sound))

Hayk: Es bueno estar de vuelta ((It is good to be back))

Ignazio: I have something for you, you may want to read it.
Hayk,
I know it was not proper of me to go out and leaving our son alone, but I knew Ignazio will be there. It was hard to leave but I felt jailed in that house and I was tired of only seeing you only a few weeks at the year. I wanted you to understand that istill love you, but not in the same way as before, Please do not look for me, even if you find me I will just escape again.
Take care of Friedrich, he is a good boy after all
Laura.
Hayk: What did happen with Her, Ignazio? I don’t understand. It is like she is another person.
Ignazio kept silent, he could not said that he knew this could happen

((Willliam Becket sends the Natives))
Captain's Log - December 1475
We are now in Portsmouth, but I have heard some rumors that Mr Beckett send some natives to the Queen and that they looked like savages and talked a strange language. It is strange indeed, as I have heard that Indians were somehow civilized. I remember that Marco Polo wrote about some savages tribes that lived in Asia, could this be the case? .
I have heard that Beckett believe that he is not in India, but I don’t know if that could be said only after a short time, I still believe that we have found India; we just need to go further to the west.
((Third travel during the update))
Captain’s Log - May 2nd, 1476
I found it! I found some natives myself! We spotted them while navigating close to shore, we are preparing to make contact with them! I hope they can help us to find the kingdom of Ceylon.

After looking for some gifts for the Natives, Hayk sailed close to the coast and waved them.

One of the Arawak Hunters saw Hayk and part of his crew and turned back to chief of the hunting party and said: “pa-kapi wadili” ((Five men). The chief raised his hand and the hunters prepared their bows and arrows with Curarare.

Sailor: Boss, I don’t believe they here to welcome us.

Hayk: They surely don’t look friendly. Let's not get too close.

After three long minutes, the Arawak decided to broke the standstill and send flying arrows to the small boat, one which hit one of the members of the crew. They escaped as they could and went fast to the boat, but it was too late for the hurt sailor who died of some kind of poison in the arrow tip.

Captain’s Log - May 21th 1476

This last days has been exhausting, I believed we had found some Indians tribes and that they will be the key to find Ceylon, but it end all in dead and absurd violence. Also, this natives they look very strange, with their face almost completely painted and his impressive lack of clothes and shame, as they seen to expose their body as much as they can.
Some days after the attack, we found another group of natives that looked similar to the first, they were living in some kind of Houses in the middle of the water. Pedro, my new quartermaster, made some draws of this strange structures and people.
I..am ..starting to think about Beckett words, maybe this isn’t really India, but what else can be? Vindland? It is really some kind of “new world” far away from Europe? How is that possible? I think I will have to talk with the Queen about what I have discovered.
1377111868406821.jpg
Early%20Caribs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
((private))
Ximeno Arantxez is boiling of anger. Good news came from his friend and business partner in Castille, as well as from Peter Andrews, but the Crown's response... How foolish and short-sighted can one be. How bad can one's arguments be. This is what happens when there's centuries of inbreeding on an island! Leave the economy to these who know how to do it! Does he tell her gracious majesty how to reign? Empty of any logic, that is what her thinking is! Just some 'well, I prefer the ERTC' - and not even that is carried out correctly! And competition? Did she even listen to any part of my plans? *insert Basque swearing* And then there is her favourite foreign lady. Not following his orders. 'Maybe send her to Scandinavia?' But of course, your majesty. He slams his fist on his desk. Well, time to get writing a response. If she thinks he'll give up that easily, she is very, very wrong.
After some letters he had to burn because their formulations were slightly too aggressive, he finally found what he would send.

((burnt parts))
Your Majesty
I think that you didn't listen to what I reported previously.
Have you lost your mind?
I always thought Inbreeding was bad. Your handling of the economy is a proof.
I couldn't have thought of a worse decision.
Just tell me you don't want to instead of writing arguments with zero logic behind it.

Your Majesty,

It seems that my reports have been lost at sea, like many important documents. The Royal Post Service needs closer supervision, as it has a tendency to happen. Then let me enlighten your Highness about the trade practice in the North Sea - mostly there is fish. Turned into stockfish, it is a very durable food, and therefore well-suited for transport and sale, even more so during lent. The coasts of course have their own supply of fresh fish, so there is a higher demand for stockfish more inland. Germany is a very important market for this. So there is much trade with this region.
Besides, a royal monopoly is not just a good idea where there is already an existent trade. Backed by a monopoly, companies such as the ERTC have an easier time getting on new markets, which means more profit.
Your concerns on the EBC are understandable, but founded on no factual base. For once, both companies have 15% shares of each other, a number that can be increased later. I discussed this agreement with the late Aleck Morgan as it was clear to both of us that it can only be for mutual benefit. Competition only hurts both companies, and it is in the interest of them to see the other flourish. My plan for the future includes this thinking; with the EBC in the West and the ERTC in the East, there is no possible competition. Before you interject that I might prefer the EBC, consider that the West consists solely of Iberia, Ireland, Iceland and uncolonized regions, while the ERTC can conduct trade with the rich regions of Europe, Hindustan, Cathay - this is where most of the money is, in silk, chinawares and spices, most exotic goods that reach highest prices. I therefore cannot see any reason not to help both companies whenever possible.
Lastly, the Indian woman has not a single qualification that would give me a reason to send her to Bergen. To make matters worse, she disobeyed my order and returns to London without me saying anything. This is a reason to fire her, as I cannot trust a merchant who does his, or in this case her, own things. As for the Shetlands, the fish trade was done acceptably. I will leave the decision to you, but keep in mind that a foreign diplomats daughter is not suited for trade without an extensive learning process.

Respectfully, your subject
Ximeno Arantxez, Master of the Coin, Head of the EBC and ERTC

That should be enough. Even if she doesn't accept again, there is a de-facto monopoly in Iceland, the EBC is almost the only English company to conduct trade with Italy, and there are already well-established relations in Ireland. Besides, if everything is done for the ERTC, one day it won't be the crown that commands the company, but the company that commands the crown, but he can of course not write this down. One more thing to do...

((@Rapop101 , yes, that is well done :). @Scipion Barca , glad to hire you ;). @LadyAlyssa , I'm waiting for the Queen's decision then.))

Lady Morgan,

I hear that you have been appointed as Captain within the English army. Congratulations, I hadn't thought this would be possible. But I know that women may be just as capable as men sometimes, my little daughter Oneka seems to have inherited my sense of business. Anyway, it is not for this that I am writing. Do you want to lead your own men into battle? I believe that this would certainly help to return the name Morgan the respect that your grandfather Aleck had. Selflessly giving much for the kingdom... or do whatever else one wants to do with a small mercenary army, maybe sell your service to whoever pays most?
Why am I writing this? Well, I am offering to buy your shares of the ERTC for a good price, a price high enough to hire or equip such a small army. There has been talks of confiscating the Morgans' shares before, and maybe these talks might return in the future whenever there is a small mistake. Nobody wants a Morgan to figure among the shareholders, I think. Agree or not, my offer stands for the time I am in London, which should be until next month.

Respectfully,
Ximeno Arantxez, Baron of Biarritz and Head of the EBC

((The Royal Coronation; 11 June 1474))

Elizabeth entered the hall of York Minster in which hundreds of people were already awaiting her. Royal guards protected the cathedral's entry and ensured the royal family's safety. Crown Prince Matthew, the Queen's husband Franz von Thun and their three children Jane, Charlotte and Anton were among the many guests. Bishop Charles Wells had been given the honor to crown Elizabeth.
The Queen was aware that this coronation could potentially have a negative impact on England's relations with the Valois of France but she was willing to accept that, given that the Valois were nothing but filthy usurpers who should rot in hell.
Bishop Wells held a Holy Mass as part of the coronation in her honor. With the coronation, Elizabeth officially adopted the titles of Queen of Scotland, Queen of France and Queen of Norway next to her other titles. She was quite a title collector.

The French reaction to the coronation followed within less than two weeks: Nicolas I called for war. Elizabeth had anticipated a severe, hostile reaction from the Valois but war? The realm was not prepared for this. She called immediately the commander of the forces to Westminster Palace so that he could present her his defense plans. Afterwards, he left for Caux to repel the invaders...

Your Lordship,
I congratulate you for all the victories in France, that resounded far away and bring such glory to the realm. I write you asking for a Favor, my Young son Friedrich Hayk-Farias has showed some remarkable martial abilities and some interest in military affairs. I believe he has future in the military and I wish he follows his own path. For that reason I ask your lordship to put him in the military academy, as I believe it will be the perfect place to improve his instruction.
Glory to the Realm!
Wihelm Hayk.

((to the Master of Coin))
Dear Ximeno Arantxez,
I understand your concerns about Alyssa Nuzhat. It is indeed not acceptable that she left Shetland without your prior approval, after all the members need to shows respect to their superior, otherwise this could lead to chaos. Given that you are the head of the English Royal Trading Company, I will leave this decision to you. Should you want to fire her then inform Alyssa about your decision. However, should whatever decision you take hurt the ERTC in the long-run then you are responsible for this.

Thank you also for the report on the stockfish deal with Northern Germany. Is this a sector in which you see the future of the ERTC? Selling stockfish?

Regarding your plans to strengthen the EBC, I have to remind you about what I told you the last time we spoke: The Crown has no interest in strengthening the ERTC's competitors and as Master of Coin it is part of your position to ensure that the ERTC expands on a healthy basis. Now, I do not understand the details of how to run the country's economy which is why you have been appointed in the first place. Despite that, I cannot make sense of your argumentation. These letters reemphasize my initial worries that you try to abuse your position as Master of Coin to strengthen your own trading company while wearing the one of the Crown. This is not acceptable. Now, as you can see, I still trust you enough which is why I do not interfere in your decision-making regarding the case of Alyssa Nuzhat. However, please understand that you lose my trust by trying to weaken the ERTC. Consider this a friendly warning in good faith - I do not want to lose you as Master of Coin but in order for you to have this position you need to show me that you are not trying to harm the Crown's trading company.

((Letter to CoF Talbot))
Ser, due to the passing of Count Hudson you alone are left as commander of her majestically armies. I am enquiring over whether there is any assistance I may have the honour of doing as 2 men's task has now become 1 man's.

-Count Huntingdon
Regrettably I am not currently able to grant you the title of general as you've only been a captain for two years. However, as you've served these two years with excellent ability, in the event of my death before your five years have been served, I shall add a note in my will recommending you for the position of general at the end of the five years.
Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy.

Your Lordship,
I congratulate you for all the victories in France, that resounded far away and bring such glory to the realm. I write you asking for a Favor, my Young son Friedrich Hayk-Farias has showed some remarkable martial abilities and some interest in military affairs. I believe he has future in the military and I wish he follows his own path. For that reason I ask your lordship to put him in the military academy, as I believe it will be the perfect place to improve his instruction.
Glory to the Realm!
Wihelm Hayk.

Mr Hayk,
Although the military is yet to have a proper academy for the training of officers, I would propose that your son is granted a captaincy of a regiment when he comes of age. In the meantime, I would propose that he serves as my squire or aide until he comes of age so that he may learn of military matters before he takes up a command.

((@Michaelangelo))
Earl,
I have heard that you have interest in military matters, so I would like to invite you to the Wolves faction. I would also like to offer you a place in the military as a captain of a regiment.

Last edited:
((Letter to CoF Talbot))
I thank you for you recommendation wholeheartedly, ser. However let us hope you continue to fufil your destiny as an excellent tactician as there is much time before my generation takes over.

-Count Huntingdon

((Some informations for the Members of the Foxes

Every member of our faction has the right to call for a vote within the faction or for a meeting. Write a letter to the current leader of the faction - Robert of Huntingdon - and ask him to initiate either a vote on an issue that you might want to bring before the Assembly but want additionally the weight of the faction behind it, or to start a meeting of a faction if important matters are to be discussed.

Such important matters could be a change of our politics (These are currently: Securing peace in England to further the development of trade and colonization as well as Strengthening our diplomatic position in Europe. - all these because of the bonuses our faction provides to England), a vote of distrust about the current Faction Leader which would end in his abdication and following this an election of the next leader, personal issues in which a member needs the factions support, and more.

Write a letter to the Faction Leader, ask him for a vote or a meeting and he shall organize it.))

((@Michaelangelo))
Earl,
I have heard that you have interest in military matters, so I would like to invite you to the Wolves faction. I would also like to offer you a place in the military as a captain of a regiment.

I would be honoured to join the Wolves. I have considered joining the army, so your offer is most appreciated. I have spent much time amongst the men stationed at the fort in Marches, but serving as a captain in a proper regiment would be welcome.

- Walter William Briggs, Earl of Marches

Your Lordship,
I believe those terms are adequate, i will send my son as soon as possible.
Wilhelm Hayk

After sending the letter, Hayk called his son.

Hayk: Boy, listen to me very well, it is very possible that i have to part soon. You will prepare your things and part tomorrow to the CoF Headquarters and report to him, i will give you a card signed and you will present it to him.

Friedrich: But...

Hayk: Listen Son, The life in the Sea isn't easy and you have showed me that you have potential as a General. Us, Hayks, can do whaterver we desire to do and i believe that there, you will grow to become a powerful man, just remember that a Flexible mentality is always necesary.

Friedrich was silent, he just could not say anything against his father, mostly because he was right, Friedrich really desired to fight and to become someone like him, like Wilhelm Hayk, his father.

Friedrich: I understand father

Wilhelm Hayk: Good, now go and get prepared. I'll give you some books about navigation, i believe they'll help you in the future

Last edited:
((private))
Ximeno curses in his office. 'Rrrrngghhh this Queen is stubborn and absolutely useless when it comes to economy. No, you won't win. There can be no victor in this other than me, and if I don't win, you do not either. Sure, give your own company a monopoly on the whole ***** world while you are at it! What are you needing me for then? Requesting it piecemeal? When there is no competition, I mean that there is no competition! Why appoint me as Chief Executive of the ERTC if all I can do as such is to serve as excuse for her not to grant anything to the EBC? Let's see who will be laughing the last. Me, in a century or two, laughing from my grave at the unfortunate English monarch that is controlled by whoever leads the ERTC! Damned idiotic inbred insular *Basque swearing*. That even greater fool Christian Morgan is lucky to be dead already - if he wasn't, he would wish to be.'

Having calmed down a bit, he writes a final response. After censoring his thoughts. A bit.

Your Majesty,

I am doing my best for the ERTC. The course of least risk for maximum profit. That means tending to the stockfish market now, that is very important, while it might not be the future of the company. That means planning to put almost the whole known world in its influence zone. Because this is safe and profitable. That means not hiring whoever manages to show up at court some day, but only experienced, good merchants. That means leaving the risks on the not-state-controlled company, so that if it works, then the Crown has a tidy gain, and if it fails, leaving the losses on the private company. That it so happens to be mine has no influence on it whatsoever. This means doing the best for the company, as it hasn't had a year in which it hasn't been expanding so far.
Friendly warning, not acceptable abuse, not trying to harm the Crown's company - that is just some pretext. I ask, when did the actions of the EBC work against the kingdom? Am I aspiring to create an independent Nafarroa again, and secretly collecting funds through my company to do so? Why should I want to do this? The majority in the Assembly has repelled the vile cultural dominance act or whatever it was called. The people that share my cultural background are not suffering under English rule. On the contrary, the safety that the mighty kingdom provides gives us a chance to prosper, gave me the chance to found m company. I have always been, and still am, a loyal subject of the English crown. My handling of the companies and my duties as Master of the Coin have allowed for a steady growth of the economy, and that includes both trading companies - why would I want to do this if I aspire freedom? Or abuse my power? Or ruin the country? Or weaken the ERTC at the EBC's expense? Where is my interest in doing this? All I may achieve is either to lose my position, or my head. In political words: To strengthen your foe and weakening your own side before attacking is not a good idea.
If your Highness always believed that at some point I would engage in some shady deals, why did you appoint me in the first place? Only to bring me down. Now that it doesn't work, something else has to be done. That affair around Ms Nuzhat was a first try. Now, a monopoly request that benefits the ERTC much, much more than the EBC has to serve that purpose. You are the Queen, why hide behind these tactics? Just tell me. Or do you fear some great conspiracy?
I hope that you don't take these words as assault on your authority or person. I just want to give some material to think. Now, do you still want to continue your slow attrition war? Should the office of Leader of the ERTC and Master of the Coin be split, so that you might see that the new Executive will continue exactly where I left off? Should I be declared enemy of the Crown, in case of which I will leave with my considerable fortune, never to be touched by any English tax again? Should you revoke my office? Or would you consider what I have to say, and heed my advice?

My Queen, it is your decision. Respectfully,
Ximeno Arantxez, Master of the Coin, Head of the EBC and ERTC, loyal English subject

Ms Nuzhat,
It has come clear to me that you were a mere pawn in the schemes of the Queen. I hope that this scheme resolves itself in a good way. In any case, I am willing to overlook that ignorance of my orders. A pawn can't be blamed for the action of the hand that guides it. But understand that you lack any experience or other qualification as a merchant. To combat this and make you a worthy part of the ERTC, I am offering you to serve as my son Gilen's assistant for a while. He will teach you what you need. It is either this, or I have to take a punitive measure that I don't want to take. Send you to the Faroes - or fire you. Please accept my offer and my apologies for the time you had to spend on the islands.

Respectfully,
Ximeno Arantxez, Chief Executive of the ERTC

Morgan Expansion Plan

1. Peace: We need time to let our armies recover from the French war.
2. Burgundy: The Low Countries are very rich in trade. Should we conquer them from their Burgundian oppressors, we will have new trading trading oppertunities open up in the English Channel.
3. Holland: After our Burgundian war, our troops will be near the small stae of Holland, an important trading power. By conquering Holland, even more trading oppertunities in the English Vhannel
3. Denmark: The Danish should be an easy target. This would improve our trade capasity in the Baltic and Germany.
4. Brittany: The Bretons will be an easy war. More land for England
5. Provence: Easy war, same reasoning as the Britany
6. France: The French have forgotten that we are their rightful rulers. It to remind them one final time. We must put her majesty on the throne of France. It is the will of God.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
((To all members of the assembly))

I am looking for a husband. My father has not found a suitable arrangement between myself and another man. While I would prefer a matrilenial marriage, all offer will be considered.

Annemarie Morgan, Countess of Calais,

I am not willing to selling the only remnant of my grandfather's work. As for your price, I believe the commander of forces will put me in charge of troops as he pleases. I have no need for a mercenary army. I also thank you for brings to attension the fact people want to take my share in the ERTC. It will be very useful in the long run.

Annemarie Morgan, Countess of Calais

Last edited:
Elizabeth was informed that Ximeno had sent her another letter. After she read it she sent a quick reply.

Ximeno,
I do not appreciate it when I am being threatened in any form. You are hereby dismissed as Master of Coin with immediate effect. I wanted to work together with you but your latest threats show that I made a mistake in appointing you as Master of Coin. You have done good work in improving the economic situation of England, as when I had hired you, the country was in a desolate state. However, it seems that the longer you were Master of Coin, the more greedy you have become.Back then you were the loyal citizen who was working tirelessly to improve England's economy. Today you are a disloyal citizen who openly threatens his Queen. I do not feel that under these circumstances I can entrust you with the royal treasury anymore.

((Joint-IC with @Cheffy))

After she finished writing the letter, Elizabeth met with Alexander of Huntingdon in Westminster Palace. A replacement had to be appointed right away. Count Huntingdon might not be as good with numbers as Ximeno but he is loyal and loyalty is crucial in these times were rulers die like flies.

Alexander: Your majesty I came as quickly as I could.

“Thanks for coming so fast, count. I have summoned you here because I would like to discuss your future.” Elizabeth was slightly concerned that Alexander was not the right man for the position but there were not many alternatives.

“I am unaware of any faults with my leadership in Scotland. Is there something you have become aware of that I have failed to spot?”

“No. Quite the contrary.” Elizabeth showed Alexander the letter she was going to send to Ximeno.
“As you can see, the position of Master of Coin is now open. I believe you are the ideal candidate to replace the disloyal Ximeno Arantxez. What do you say, count?”

“This is all a shock to me but I could never reject some thing from the Crown and most definitely not such a prestigious honour as this. If this is truly an offer I accept wholeheartedly.”

The Queen smiled while Alexander was talking. “Yes, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I name you Master of Coin of England.”

“I offer you my most sincere thanks for the position. I promise you that your Kingdom’s treasury is safe with me.”

“I knew that I could count on you, Count Huntingdon. Are you aware that as Master of Coin you are also the head of the English Royal Trading Company? The reason why the position is vacant is because your predecessor has done a poor job in protecting the ERTC’s interests. Do not make the same mistakes.”

“I have been educated in the ways of trade my lady. I am fully aware of the failings of Ximeno and now he appears to lay the blame at your feet. The man disgraced you and there will be no repeat of this on my behalf. The House of Huntingdon is and always will loyal to the crown“

“Then that is settled. You should head to your new office. I respect a report on the country’s finances in due time. That is all for now, Count Huntingdon.”

“Goodbye your majesty and once again thank you.”

As Alexander left the Queen’s chambers and headed to the offices in London he realised that he now had a seat on the Small Council itself. Along with this the CoF had said he would recommend Alex as the new general upon his death. Not even 30 years of age with so much power could allow for a long legacy like his adopted grandfathers before him but also a short and bloody one like a certain Bishop 25 years ago.

((Public))
Ximeno Arantxez has been dismissed as master of coin and as head of the ERTC. His replacement is Count Alexander of Huntingdon.

((Letters to Alyssa Nuzhat and William Hayk))
I have been appointed by the queen as the new Master of Coin and therefore head of the ERTC and us such you are now my subordinates. It is my will that treasury funds go up and I have decided to make some decisions as necessary.

Mr Hayk I am pleased with you current progress and request you continue with your excellent work. On the other hand Alyssa please take a ship to Norway immediately. You are well travelled and I expect you will fit in nicely. Please do you your duties there well to allow our nations coffers to fill.

MoC Count Huntingdon

Last edited:
Alyssa arrived back in London to commotion - Ximeno had been fired from both Master of Coin and Head of the ERTC, she laughed when she had heard the news, the bastard had gotten what he deserved.
She gave the fish on her boat to the marketplaces Ximeno had requested her to initially, and brought the ponies she brought form the Isles along with her to the tavern where she stayed, she paid the tavernkeep to allow her to keep the ponies in the basement, and to keep a steady supply of food in there for them to eat.

She arrived in her room and began writing a letter to the Queen,
Your Majesty,
I have arrived back in London after Ximeno had sent me to Shetland Isles, and I brought back some native animals I think you would rather enjoy, they are very small horses but are considered fully grown, they're gorgeous
And, honestly, I thank you a lot for the dismissal of Ximeno from his stations as the head of the ERTC, I'm glad you saw the error of his ways and his mistreatment of the economy.
I have but one favour to ask of you, if the economy can spare free publications of my journals should I need them to, I believe my last book went down rather well in the nobility and clergyship, and even the peasants enjoyed it!

Yours Truly,
Alyssa Nuzhat, Merchant of the ERTC