• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((the following is during the update))
The herald announces Ximeno Arantxez, Master of the Coin.
'Your Majesty, I have further studied the situation of the realm and its economy, and it has given me an idea.
As of late, many of the lesser nobility have mismanaged their estates until bankruptcy or died heirless. A situation that has to be resolved, as many of these estates now lack a current lord. I know that it is not the Master of the Coin who should advise you in these matters, of course. But it may be of interest for the economy to sell these titles to anyone who can afford them. This has multiple benefits - money for the treasury, better administration of these lands to name the most important. New titles could be created for more profit, too - Though the old nobility might not like that proposal. What do you think, your Highness?'
After a short time to think, Queen Elizabeth gladly accepted this idea. More money was always good. ((thinking of the greedy trait here :rolleyes:.))
'I thank you for your precious time and may immediately present the purchasable titles to anyone willing.'
Ximeno leaves. He's among the interested. The family that ruled over his birthtown has long died out, that was his chance. Maybe lead it to a wealthy future. So far, it simply wasn't lucrative to bring wares to the place. That might be subject to change with him in charge - a lot of potential there. Lord Ximeno Arantxez, Baron of Biarritz. That has a nice ring to it.

It might be a good idea to capitalize on the new Western route to India that Mr Hayk claims to have found. The West is, after all, the zone of interest of the EBC in his plan. The ERTC profits of the conquest of Norway, even if there isn't much to gain, but the EBC might make incredible profits if Hayk's claims were true. He has to get into the business early - before it exists. Risky, certainly, but he wouldn't be where he is now had he taken no risks before. And it wouldn't cost that much compared to the EBC's yearly income.

Mr Hayk,

It is with great interest that I have learned of your possible way West to India. Great riches await there! It is for the good of the crown that further exploration is made into that direction, and I am confident you are the right person for it.
What brings me to my proposal. The EBC has now complete control of the trade in the Bay of Biscay, and it might be time to expand further. The West is the zone of my company - and this is where you come in. I would like to hire you as member of the EBC. The company would provide further support for your expeditions in exchange for detailed reports of your discoveries. We'll see about anything else later. You would of course receive a salary, and to sweeten the deal, 1% of company shares until your death. What do you think of it?

Awaiting your answer,
Ximeno Arantxez, Head of the EBC

Mr Becket,

My condolences for the death of your father. He was a good man, and an excellent captain in service of the EBC. Now I have heard that you consider exploring the unknown following Mr Hayk's discovery. An excellent idea - I would like to support it. I am offering you membership in the EBC and 1% of company shares as a bonus. The EBC would provide supplementary equipment for your expeditions as well as your regular pay. In exchange, I would request detailed reports of whatever you might find, maybe some parts of it, to evaluate the prospect of a possible market.

Take all the time you need to answer,

Mr Andrews,

I am pleased to report that the shares your father bought are ready to be repaid ((as it is for all other investors until 1474)). The investment has been a great help and necessary to bring the EBC to where it is now. If you have further interest in my company, I would offer you to become a member. I have heard of your interest in the unknown and might have a good use for you to open new markets.

Sincerely,

In response to Lord Clifford's proposal, I would gladly invite all members of our faction to meet far away from curious ears in the new mansion in my hometown, Biarritz. I assure you that despite some disorder, it is well-suited for the meeting. If not, I would also welcome you in Bordeaux or London if you prefer. We have to agree on the path of our future, as Lord Clifford points out, and we do it best at a meeting.
((I'd support TheM's idea.))

May the sky rule over the land,
Ximeno Arantxez, Baron of Biarritz and Master of the Coin

Your request has its merits. While I do not want to judge the usefulness of the ships in wartime, which is your field of expertise, I can certainly agree that it is beneficial for the trade. So I am willing to free the necessary funds in the name of the Crown.

Ximeno Arantxez, Master of the Coin

Reactions:
Hmm, a letter from Ximeno, about his shares in the EBC. Edward had bought the shares and they had done well, only bringing money to the family. He might as well renew the shares and take him up on his idea to join the company.

I thank you, for informing me that the shares are ready to be repaid. I would like to keep the shares at the 15% it was at. As this arrangement is of course better for both of us.
I will also take you up on the offer to become a full member, I will help you open up new markets abroad.
I will also be at the meeting with the rest of the Owls, internal affairs are what can help a country the most, just look at Venice. We can talk more about this there, if you would like.
From Peter Andrews

((recount of events just after the death of Duke James Bourchier))

The guard was perplexed by what he had in his hand. The script flowed in a most bizarre way, and it seemed to have letters that the young man had never seen before. His senior officer quickly took the letter, scanned it, and the fallen gentleman, his body still warm to the touch had he dared touch the man, and immediately walked off, leaving behind his junior officer.

The man turned left and right, the winding streets being ever so constricting, especially with the influx of people "my, my, word does get round quick" he silently mused. But he eventually found himself to the main street of London, it's wideness a welcome respite from the choking allies that he had just traversed through. To his Left stood Westminster Abbey and the home of the Royal Diplomatic Corps, to his right The Royal Residence,Office of the Armed Forces and his destination, St James' Palace. The Captain had always imagined that the Duke deliberately chose the name to make him be forever remembered, but most people gossiped that it was just a legitimate name he chose.

He rapped twice on the ornate knocker, and awaited response. Very prompty a footman appeared, who was most surprised to see the Captain here. The Captain promptly thrust the letter into the footman's hand and stated curtly "The Duke died a few short moments ago, good day sir"

((shift of perspective to the Bourchiers, in particular John-Michael is up North atm))
"Who was it Hawthrone?" enquired John, James' second son, who had recently come down south to admire the great capital, and to warm up a bit/
Hawthrone mumbled about the death of his father, and immediately it was like a bolt had hit John, his legs stumbled, and he gripped tightly to the table just beside the door. But he quickly regained his composure, and enquired after the letter, to which Hawthrone promptly gave to John, for he lacked the capacity to read the Icelandic tongue, how bizarre Father chose to write his last words in a script he had only just mastered, perhaps he was showing off, or trying to keep it a secret.

And so John rode to the Assembly hall, and announced his fathers Reform idea.

As many of you are aware my father, the Late Duke James Bourchier, has passed from this world, but before he died, he succeeded in offering one last peace of legislation to put forward to this court, I hope that you can allow me to recite it to you now.

Adjustments to the Limitation of Capital Punishment Act of 1448
The Act is too lax to those who have committed acts most inappropriate to the state, such as those not limited to Treason and Witchcraft.
I Propose a ratification to the Law set out in 1448, outlining new punishments, to better represent the heinous nature of the crimes committed by the individuals.
I offer these as alternative punishments to be bestowed,by choice, by the Queen's Justice
  1. Burning
  2. Hung,Drawn,Quartered
  3. Beheading

John promptly left, he had letters to send and mourning to do.

Oliver sat behind a fairly large desk in his office in London, with Westminster quite prominent in the view from his window. He'd been residing in London for almost four years during the war, so the recent outbreak of peace might give him the chance to finally visit his wife in Caux. Oliver's career as a general had unfortunately caused him to grow distant from his wife as he was normally away from her for his career, however, it did give him a chance to serve his country which seemed like a far more beneficial use of his time.

His musings about his trouble with his wife were interrupted by a knock on the door. After commanding the visitor to come in, he was greeted by a courier from the post service. Count Huntingdon had sent a request to serve in the military as the leader of a regiment to fight the enemies of England. Oliver thanked the courier and gave him a small tip for the sake of being polite and bade him farewell.

Oliver was about to write his response to the request when Victoria came through the still open door. She had come to present her studies regarding the previous campaigns of the Hundred Years War. After she'd left, Oliver decided that he'd been right in not sending her to the schools provided by the Second Moral Standards act. She would had learnt useless skills like running households and eating with "proper etiquette" when she really had to know how to hold back the de Valois pretenders. He would had liked to teach such skills to a son, but it seemed that with the growing gap between him and Anne, he would need to forget the possibility of another child.

Setting aside his family troubles, Oliver returned to his letters.

I am glad to be able to offer yet another into the ranks of the military. I will happily grant you Captaincy of a regiment. Also, it is possible that your desire to fight the Scots may be satisfied in the near future.

Although it is not required, I would also recommend that you consider joining the Wolves.

Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy

((@themoomaster , @Scipion Barca ))
Gentlemen, we currently have no leader, so I would request that you consider voting for me to further the military interests of the Kingdom of England. As an experienced general, and the Commander of the Forces, I feel that I am well suited to this role.

Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy

I would like to request that in the near future, the crown sets aside funds for seven light ships. They will not only provide use in war for blockading enemies ports almost anywhere in the Baltic, North Sea or Bay of Biscay- a great ability of the Kingdom of England -, but they could also pay for themselves for protecting trade during peacetime.

Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy.

normandy, norway

Your Majesty,
Considering the recent expansion of land by the Kingdom of England, I would like to request temporary control of the county of Normandy. It would, of course, still belong to you, but I would control it for a period of ten years to alleviate any possible overextension of the crown. At the end of this period, you would be able to choose whether I could control it for a further ten years or if it will come back under absolute royal control.

On another note, I would like to recommend that you declare yourself to be the Queen of Norway and Scotland in addition to your current titles. The current Norwegian king occupies a small, frozen, province in northern Scandinavia that will soon be conquered by its neighbours so it has no right to consider itself a Norwegian Kingdom. And when it comes to the Scots, they have been split into pieces that will soon recognise the authority of London, so the current "king" has no right whatsoever to think of himself as a king of your rightful land.

Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy.

Reactions:
Name: Matilda Morgan( AnnemariemMorgan )
Aliases: Sir Thomas Carlisle, Gertrude Macintosh, Wilhelm Von Oldenburg, Lady Veronica St. george ("wife" of Gilbert St. George. )
Date of Birth: Feb. 16 1453
Class:Noble
Bio: Ruler of Calais, has many aliases. As per Morgan tradition, hates Walpole.

Reactions:
  1. Name: Alyssa (Aarna) Nuzhat
  2. Birth-Date: Feburary 20th 1455
  3. Religion: Catholic
  4. Class: Courtier
  5. Biography: Alyssa Nuzhat was born and raised in capital of Ceylon, Kotte, her father, a well known and respectable diplomat in the Indian Subcontinent took her on adventures all throughout Asia, she's had the luxury of visiting Gyeonggi, capital of Korea aswell as Beijing, capital of the Ming Empire. As a young girl, her father has always told her stories of far away lands with technologies that would revolutionize the way that we think, and since then, Alyssa has always been dreaming of visiting the western world. On one of her fathers recent trips to mainland Europe, Alyssa has decided to follow her dreams and travel - visiting France, Castille and just now reaching the shores of the mighty English Kingdom. In her time travelling she's read up on the religious customs of Europe and the main one - Catholicism - she has decided to convert to, she was losing touch with her faith back home and can relate to the words and guidance of the holy book. She's enjoyed her several hours of England and is tired of travelling, and wants to settle down, and make a name for herself - even as a women in a world where they do not get respect, maybe as a diplomat for the mighty Queen of England, even as a foreigner.
  6. Faction: TBD

Reactions:
((Welcome on board, Alyssa! I can see some interesting development happening now that we have a "true" native of Ceylon in England. After all, Wilhem Hayk has believed to have found Ceylon/India in Brazil :D ))

((Thank you very much for having me! :D))

Alyssa arrived on the shores of Essex after boarding a Merchant Ship in Calais, and took her first steps on English soil, the air smelt different here to how it had back home, or even in mainland Europe, her stomach rumbled and she wondered where she could get a decent meal, whether English food was any good was a question she had yet to answer.
She used the last of her money to buy a pint of Mead from the local tavern and some basic pasta and dug into her first meal in days.

She overheard a conversation by the tavern wench to a man, somewhat smartly dressed compared to everyone else in the tavern, it seemed as they were talking about her home continent!
"Did you hear?" The tavern wench exclaimed "William Hayk has found a route to India! Who knows what luxuries we can find there?"
The smartly dressed man scoffed "The only thing we'll find there are savages and disease"

Alyssa cleared her throat and the tavern wench shot a look at her "Is there anything I can help you with, ma'am?" The tavern wench looked at Alyssa up and down, obviously looking at her unusual complexion compared to.. well, everyone else really.
"I'm actually from India - well, Ceylon actually, we're not savages, nor are we riddled with disease." Alyssa tried to not look offended by the mans comments, but to no avail
The man drank the last of his honeymead and slammed the mug down on the table "You're not from Ceylon, it was only just discovered! There is no possible way a barbaric civilization such as yours could possibly have the technology to come to the mighty shores of England"
"Well, you see, my fathe-" Alyssa was cut off by the mans obnoxious ramblings of her being a foreigner, possibly from Spain or Portugal, and how she was trying to decieve them, Alyssa just sighed and left the tavern.

"I must find this William Hayk and see if his claims of finding India are true." She thought to herself.

Reactions:
"Vater! Some well dressed man is outside" said Friedrich, the son of Wilhelm Hayk. "I'll go in a moment" he answered.
When he approached the door, he noticed the seal of the Royal correspondence service in the man bag, He made a gesture and gave Hayk a card, it was from Ximeno, the Master of Coin. Hayk read the card and when he finished, his face has a strange gesture of dissaprovation combined with surprise. He told the Mailman "Wait a moment, i need you to do something" He looked for some paper and write a quick letter to the Queen.

My queen,
I write this letter to seek advice, i have received a proposition from the Master of Coin that i believe creates a conflict with my actual position in the ERTC. I have annexed the letter with the proposition of Herr Ximeno
Mr Hayk,

It is with great interest that I have learned of your possible way West to India. Great riches await there! It is for the good of the crown that further exploration is made into that direction, and I am confident you are the right person for it.
What brings me to my proposal. The EBC has now complete control of the trade in the Bay of Biscay, and it might be time to expand further. The West is the zone of my company - and this is where you come in. I would like to hire you as member of the EBC. The company would provide further support for your expeditions in exchange for detailed reports of your discoveries. We'll see about anything else later. You would of course receive a salary, and to sweeten the deal, 1% of company shares until your death. What do you think of it?

Awaiting your answer,
Always your humble servant,
Wilhelm Hayk

He gave the letter to the Mailman and dispatched him. After that he decided to write an answer for Herr Ximeno.

Herr Ximeno,
I don not understand what are your intentions behind this proposal. As you surely know, i am already working with the ERTC as a Seafarer and also, the funding of my travels comes directly from the Crown. Given this, i find it insulting and very dishonorable that you try to buy my counsience with gold or shares. I would prefer you to abstain of offers like this in the future or at least, to consider my position first.
Wilhelm Hayk

He gave the letter to the Mailman and dispatched him. After that he decided to write an answer for Herr Ximeno.

Herr Ximeno,
I don not understand what are your intentions behind this proposal. As you surely know, i am already working with the ERTC as a Seafarer and also, the funding of my travels comes directly from the Crown. Given this, i find it insulting and very dishonorable that you try to buy my counsience with gold or shares. I would prefer you to abstain of offers like this in the future or at least, to consider my position first.
Wilhelm Hayk

Mr Hayk,

I am very sorry if this proposal looked insulting to you. I honestly did not know that you had a contract with the ERTC. As to 'buying your conscience', I merely offered additional funds. Gicen that you work for the ERTC, this matter is then dealt with. Maybe Mr Miller can explain to me what caused that missing information. I will abstain from any other offers, and am glad that you work for the ERTC - I just didn't believe that Mr Miller had a reason to hire you without telling me. Looks like I need a new vice-executive.

Again, my sincerest apologies,
Xineno Arantxez, Head of the EBC and Chief Executive of the ERTC

((That comes when you lead both companies, but only one charter :confused:. Not a wanted conflict of interest, for all who hoped that :rolleyes:.))

Reactions:
Herr Ximeno,
I will consider this a one-time mistake and recomend you to contract some Austrian burocrats, in my experience they usually check twice to avoid mistakes like this. Is my hope that we can keep working together.
Wilhelm Hayk

"An audience with the queen" Alyssa thought to herself "Thats how ill find Mr Hayk" She asked around for anyone planning to head to London, and by the grace of god, she had found a merchant leaving in due haste! She boarded the merchants wagon and off he set - to the great capital

((The deadline for the factions to choose their leader has bee extended by one day until Wednesday 15:00 CET given that none of the factions named their leader yet. After Wednesday 15:00 I will use the RNG to determine the leader.))

London 1474 - 1. Meeting of the Foxes in the Royal Chancellory
((Thank you @SpKampfer @ML8991 @Luftwafer @Stingrex @05060403 for participating in the meeting and the votes))
((To give you an idea on how our process worked: All who wanted could write a plead from which an in-game proposal was summarized. Everyone then voted if these proposals should be put further to the Queen or the Assembly. Additionally I gave the Foxes the ability to vote on Englands next Ally and Rival which normally is my power as Chancellor. Then there has also been a vote on the faction leader. I'll present you the proposals of every character with their plead and the result of the votes on the bottom.))

Robert of Huntingdon had prepared a small room in the Chancellory for the meeting of the Foxes. Drinks and some food stood on the table to make everyone feel comfortable. Robert had decided to use a round table for this first discussions so no one felt like someone was higher then the others. The invited men had arrived and an awkward silence laid in the air, as it most times does, if no one knows what to do. Robert decided to start to talk:

Robert of Huntingdon: Dear men of the Foxes, we have met here today to discuss our politics. What is it that we want to see England to grow in? Where should our alliances, rivals and next targets be? I ask you to offer proposals so we can vote upon them. Also there is the matter of choosing the leader of our faction. You can propose everyone within the faction, even yourself. But let’s start with our politics first. Regarding those we are able to choose a new enemy for England as Sweden is too weak to be considered to be one. Furthermore, if our faction becomes the most influential one we can think about seeking an alliance with another nation. What are your ideas, gentlemen?

Wilhelm Hayk: Good day gentlemen, My name is Wilhelm Hayk and as you know, I recently made a travel to what I believe is India and the Island of Ceylon. In my travels, I’ve found some islands controlled by the treacherous portuguese and also some others who I think are uninhabited. I believe we should focus on controlling these Islands called the Azores and also propose a plan to colonize the other islands I mentioned before. In the matters related with Europe, I propose to strengthen our position in France if possible, to rival the Ottomans who are putting the austrian territories in risk and as a possible ally Bohemia will be best for us to cover us against the Ottomans. Finally, I believe our Canchellor will be the right person to be our leader.

((Hayks Proposal: Fasten Exploration with favouring advancement in Diplo-Tech over Exploration Ideas until we reach Diplo-Tech 7))

Charles Wells: Greeting gentlemen! My name is not important as I'm merely a humble servant of the Almighty. But for the purpose of this meeting and any other that may happen in the future you may refer to me as Charles Wells. Recently I've been appointed by his Holiness as the bishop of Yorkshire. If you seek my opinion on the matter of rivalries I will tell you that nothing good can come from hate, but if we must chose an enemy for our nations I would say we must focus on the greedy merchants of Venice. To ensure a victory we should seek an ally in the Christian kingdom of Hungary. They should not only help us with our fight against those corrupt merchants, but we shall also protect them from the filthy Turks. As for the leader of our faction I'm not suited for the position I believe that, you Mister Huntingdon, are the best candidate to lead this faction.

John Bourchier: Hello my fellow gentlemen. I am not very well known amongst you I am sure, but I am certain that many of you would have known my father, the late Duke James Bourchier. I am perfectly with you calling me by my christian name, despite my formal title of Cardinal John Bourchier. I may sound at odds with the aims of this faction, but my aim is to insure that words are the answer, not violence. I hope that in my lifetime that the realm can become great, but we can achieve a lasting unity across the continent.To insure this, we must allow our great soverign, Queen Elizabeth I. to truly recognise her de jure and rightful claim to the throne of France, so I recommend we enforce her diplomatic right, despite this short spell of violence I do hope to insure a degree of peace and comfort as we progress further in our years. I promise to vouch and uphold this faction’s core principles further, should The Holy Lord in Heaven decide to anoint me as his head on this Earth, may you be blessed all, and should you want me to be, I will happily lead us to a strong future, but I am content to see the great Robert of Huntingdon, my Late father’s close friend and chancellor to the Realm to lead us also.

((Bourchiers Proposal: Expand our borders further into France because Elizabeth I. as the rightfull Queen of France has the right to rule over this land.))

Robert of Huntingdon: I thank you for your opinions on these important matters, gentlemen. I have a proposal as well, we should strengthen our relationship with our new ally Poland with a marriage alliance. Every of our acts and proposals that passes our votes will be brought before the Queen and the Royal Assembly. Therefore I ask you now, gentlemen, for your vote on every issue.

((Huntingdons Proposal: Royal Marriage with Poland))

--------------------------------------------

((Results of the Votes:

The next rival of England: Venice
The next ally of England, if we become the strong faction: Lithuania
The first leader of the Foxes: Robert of Huntingdon (unanimously btw ;) )
Huntingdons Proposal: Yes
Hayks Proposal: Yes
Bourchiers Proposal: Yes

As all proposals have passed they will be brought before the Queen and Assembly by the Faction Leader in an extra IC.))

Reactions:
Headquarter of the ERTC, Chief Executive's office. Mr Simon Miller, vice-executive, enters the room. Ximeno Arantxez sits behind the desk, and doesn't invite his representative to sit down, rather asks immediately after he has entered.
'Simon, do you know why I requested that you come?'
Miller looks perplexed. 'No, sir.'
'Isn't there something you should tell me?' Arantxez seems to pierce him with a merciless inquisitorial gaze.
Miller starts panicking, and rapidly answers. 'Is it about Norway? Yes sir I followed your instructions we have made an impact on the fur trade and the Hansa had to leave Bergen and the fish trade is mostly in our hands considering that we have most production means and I included that in the report I have sent before and...'
Ximeno's gaze doesn't change. 'I know that. Your report is clear in that point. Well done.'
'Thenwhatisit?'
'Calm down. Though you are right to fear what will come, Mr Miller.'
He gulps.
Ximeno goes on. 'You are my vice-executive for a good reason - that I cannot split myself in two.'
Miller hastily nods.
'That means you have to provide me with all information regarding the ERTC.'
The nodding continues.
'Then why did I only learn that Mr Hayk joined the ERTC when I tried to hire him for the EBC?' Ximeno aggressively asks, standing up.
Miller almost winces. 'I...I...I don't...'
'Enough!' Ximeno shouts. 'No matter the reason, that is a very important information! Even if it was the crown that hired him, I should have known! Mr Miller, you are hereby fired! Now, get out of my sight immediately!'
A weak 'But I...' comes from Miller.
'OUT!' The former vice-executive turns around, and flees as if chased by a pack of wolves.

Ximeno needs a man who he can entirely trust, one who knows his loyalties - maybe Miller speculated that he might become Chief Executive after that matter? Well, then there aren't many candidates - Ximeno would appoint his eldest son, Gilen, to represent him in the ERTC. If the Crown had no other plans.

Your Majesty, I would humbly request to become your adviser. I believe that my knowledge in the matters of diplomacy will be most useful to you and the Kingdom. I may also provide spiritual guidance for the royal family. I do hope that you will fulfill my huble request.
Your loyal subject,
Bishop Charles Wells

Elizabeth was going through a few letters that she had received from her loyal subjects. One was from her third cousin-in-law Oliver Talbot; another letter had arrived from Explorer Hayk concerning the master of coin. Time to reply.

((To Duke Talbot))
Dear Oliver,
You always have such wonderful ideas. I wonder where you get the from? Crowning myself as Queen of Norway and Queen of Scotland seems the next natural step, given that most of the Scots and Norwegians are already my subjects. I cannot wait for the dead on which the head of King Stuart sits on a spike because I am quite confident that he will contest my claim on the Scottish throne. For that case the army needs to be ready and in full alert. I shall have a coronation ceremony arranged within a fortnight at the Cathedral of York.
Regarding your inquiry about the county of Normandy, I fear I cannot give up this title. Normandy has been a crown-land for decades. Holing Normandy and Gascogne undermines my natural claim on the French throne, don't you agree?

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine

((To Wilhem Hayk))
Mr Hayk,
You bring shocking news to me. When Thomas entrusted the position of head of the ERTC to Ximeno, he reassured me that Ximeno could handle both positions well enough. It seems he was mistaken. I cannot believe that he dared to hire you. After all, you have a valid contract with ERTC. I will have a word with Ximeno as I find his behavior most disappointing. You have my gratitude for bringing this to my attention.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine

(To Charles Wells))
Bishop Wells,
The royal family is currently lacking a clergyman that is competent enough to provide us with spiritual guidance. You are hereby appointed as royal advisor for spiritual matters. Whenever you are in the capital you may use one of the rooms in the royal palace as your office.
On a different matter, in a fortnight I will come to York for my coronation as Queen of Scotland and Queen of Norway. You shall hold the service and conduct the necessary preparations.

((To Ximeno Arantxez))
Mr Arantxez,
I am most disappointed that you have tried to headhunt Wilhem Hayk for the EBC. This is not acceptable at all. Have you forgotten that your appointment as Master of Coin has also made you head of the ERTC? This makes me wonder if you are the right man for this position. After all, the Crown has invested a great sum to acquire the necessary shares to found the ERTC. It is your responsibility to see that the ERTC blossoms and your recent actions make me question your loyalty. It seems all are only looking out for the EBC while completely forgetting the ERTC. What were you thinking?

((Public))
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth has announced that she is to be crowned as Queen of Scotland and Queen of Norway in a fortnight at the Cathedral of York. She invited everyone to attend the ceremony, however there will be limited room in the cathedral so be there early if you wish to have a seat.

~ Marc Howard, royal advisor

Walpole was sitting in his office. He had recently heard news of a women from India arriving in England. Walpole saw profit.

I have heard that you come from the rich lands of India, with the rare and valuable goods that come from it. As we, in England, do not have access to these goods, I will personally invest the founding of your trade company, and support the fact that it'll get a monopoly over trade with India and Cathay. If you are interested, come to the city of Dublin, from where we shall make the deal about the trading company.

- Henry Walpole, earl of Dublin

Reactions:
Your Majesty,
I feel honoured to know that you have entrusted me. I, of course, will try my best to not disappoint you. I thank you for your hospitality. Whenever I visit the grat city of London I'm sure to use the provided office. As for the the matters of your coronation I shall order preparation right away! I'm humbled that you have chosen me to conduct the ceremony.
Your loyal subject,
Bishop Charles Wells

Bishop Wells has ordered the preparations for arrival of Her Majesty to the city of York for her coronation as the Queen of Scotland and the Queen of Norway

((@ThePatriotOfDreumel sorry but your proposal to start a trading company that wants to have a monopoly on India is crazy because we have no trading relations with India; nor do we know for sure that we actually found it. Hayk claims he found it but we don't really know.))