• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
Annemarie had not heard of the outside world until a letter from Lord Walpole came. Apparently, there was to be a feast in London. She could not trust Walpole, the sworn enemy of the Morgan family. However, Annemarie was intrigued by the possibility of seeing people other than the ones in the castle. As such, Annemarie prepared to go on to London.

Reactions:
Peter was at home relaxing, the world had got quiet, too quiet, Nothing had happened, no noble plots. The war with France had frozen and the world continued in a state of permanent limbo, nothing changed. This scared Peter too a certain extent, this only happened when something bad happened, this reminded him of the Irish famine, people saw it coming, but could do nothing to stop it.
Then there was a knock at the door, Peter went and answered it, "Letter from Count Walpole." Peter took the letter and paid the postman for the trouble and read the letter.
A feast it seems, with people all around the known world coming, Peter would of course come, anything to escape the boring monotony of life.

((Owl meeting planned time set tomorrow 7PM GMT. Post if you cant come, we will start without you))

Reactions:
Peter was at home relaxing, the world had got quiet, too quiet, Nothing had happened, no noble plots. The war with France had frozen and the world continued in a state of permanent limbo, nothing changed. This scared Peter too a certain extent, this only happened when something bad happened, this reminded him of the Irish famine, people saw it coming, but could do nothing to stop it.
Then there was a knock at the door, Peter went and answered it, "Letter from Count Walpole." Peter took the letter and paid the postman for the trouble and read the letter.
A feast it seems, with people all around the known world coming, Peter would of course come, anything to escape the boring monotony of life.

((Owl meeting planned time set tomorrow 7PM GMT. Post if you cant come, we will start without you))
((If nothing goes terribly wrong, I'll be at the meeting.))

After another long spell in London, partially for the sake of avoiding his wife, Oliver Talbot was preparing to go back to Caux instead of sending orders to his very competent steward via the post service. A pause in his preparations was caused when a servant knocked on his office door. After bidding the man to come in, Oliver received a letter from Count Walpole. Nothing had been going on in England for a fair while so Oliver decided to accept.

I would like to accept your generous invitation to a feast. I shall attend with my daughter and wife and I am sure we shall have a splendid time.
Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy

"Of course, one challenge would be convincing Anne to come", Oliver thought as he sent the letter off.

Alexander sat upon his horse a looked across his lands. Nothing grew, nothing died, days did not turn to night. From what he had heard this was commonplace throughout the known world. This eternal nothingness, this apocalypse was constant.

A man bearing an envelope approached him and handed his item over. The young count depressed that he would no longer rise up the ranks as he had wished broke the seal and read two letters.

Following this he rode back to his keep and began forming a response to both.

(Letter to the Owls)
I will attend this godforsaken meeting but I will offer a peculiar suggestion there. That we act like the assembly and vote on issues rather than having a leader. This is due to all of us being of relatively equal standing apart from myself as a member of the small council however I have no wish to lead the faction.

-Count Huntingdon of Ayrshire, MoC, Head of ERTC, regent over the Bishopric of Lothian

(Letter to Count Walpole)
I will attend this feast of yours in the hope something, anything will happen in this never changing world

-Count Huntingdon

Reactions:
((It's nice to see some ICs again. Should we reach the activity level from the initial weeks of the AAR then I am of course willing to continue it. For that, however, I believe we need more players.))

Reactions:
I would like to accept your generous invitation to a feast. I shall attend with my daughter and wife and I am sure we shall have a splendid time.
Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy

I want to thank you for attending the feast.

- Henry Walpole, earl of Dublin

(Letter to Count Walpole)
I will attend this feast of yours in the hope something, anything will happen in this never changing world

-Count Huntingdon

I want to thank you for attending the feast.

- Henry Walpole, earl of Dublin

Alyssa was sitting in her room when a knock at the door arrived, she chucked, it had been some time since anything had happened in London.
She answered and received a letter from Earl Walpole, she opened it and read it and smiled.

A feast, oh how she could use a feast.
She wrote a letter back
I would be most delighted in attending the feast, lord knows the nation has been quiet and could use some cheering up, expect to see me there.

Yours faithfully, Alyssa Nuzhat, Merchant of the ERTC

Oh god, I have to write a letter to Walpole to say im joining the feats, Peter then facepalmed
I will of course join your amazing feast, the realm has been to quiet for too long.
Finally some exicetment
From Peter Andrews

It was most bizarre the still air that prevaded court, Despite the greatness of her majesty, nothing was done to truly recognize this. Perhaps further expansion could improve the situation upon the isles, or a deeper understanding of the new lands across the sea. But John was most grateful when one day, whilst he was re reading a particularly unusual transcription of the bible, a letter came through, requesting that he attended a great feast in Meath. John knew his brother would enjoy the opportunity, and perhaps he could bring his sons along also, so he thus replied to Earl Walpole
To your grace, I am most glad you have sent out this invitation, I shall be honoured to attend your lavish display, and I hope you don't mind my brother, quite possibly with his sons, to come to the event also. To your good health, I hope to see you shortly.
Yours ever truly,
Cardinal John Bourchier, Representive of the Holy Synod, Archbishop of Edinburgh

Annemarie was still in the castle. Her uncle was asking her to legitimize his son. Her half-brother, Francis, was also asking her to be legitimized. In all her wisdom, she did what they asked. Annemarie also sent letters to Mary Andrews and Count Walpole.

I am pleased to tell you that your son is now a legitimate Morgan. Should you have any questions, I would be honored to answer them.
((What is his name?))
Annemarie Morgan
I shall be attending this feast in London. I also would like to put aside our petty rivalry. It would be best for both families. With this letter, you should get some gold for my fathers despicable actions against you and your family.

Annemarie Morgan.
SPOILER]

Owl meeting

It was a blistering day, that the Owls had chosen too host there meeting, with a majority of people staying inside, rather than to risk the heat. Peter had set up a meeting for the Owls in London, setting the meeting in the royal assembaly itself, as it was being unused at the moment, due to the permanent state of Limbo with nothing changing. For the meeting Peter had bought a variety of foods, ranging from grapes in Bordeux, to Venision from the woods of Cumbria.

Peter welcomed in Henry Walpole and Alexander of Huntingdon, with William Clifford dealing with his lands in Cumbria and the Isle of man and Hudson god knows where.

“Welcome to the meeting” Peter announced, “unfortuantly, our faction no longer has the same sway over the country as it once had, instead being userped by the Foxes.” The last bit Peter bitterly said, Ximeno had been more intrested in filling his own pocket with Gold, instead of helping the country prosper,

“We are here today to figure out the direction our faction takes in future votes. I have a proposal here. That is to immediantly make, any person who does not attend a meeting with out a proper explanation, that person will automatically be kicked out of the Owls, I would like to hear what you two think of this idea?”

Alexander began, “Firstly may I thank you for organizing this event Peter, but I must disagree with your proposition. Frankly I have realised how easily someone could abuse this power and as such on a moral level I am forced to tell you all for the sake of the faction. Lest someone less open than myself acted on similar thoughts to mine”.

Peter respondend “Well instead of it being an automatic kick out of the faction, we could change it where the rest of the Faction decides if we shoud kick the person out, making it less prone to corruption.”

Walpole: “A vote would be more acceptable, but I would add to it that the vote must be unanimous.”

Alexander: “That seems more accectable but to be frank we lack members at the moment. Reducing our numbers further is a preposterous idea”

Peter: “So intill we get more members in our faction, we should put this on hold. But there must be some penelty for people who never come to faction meetings. But that can be decided at a latter date. Does anyone else have proposals?”

Alexander: “I do. I propose we have no leader, no strict protocols and keep our free vote system. Individual independence is vital to the communites success.”

Walpole: “We should have a leader; but the leader must have a majority of votes and can only have one 4 year term until another leader has to be elected, which cannot be the same as before, this is to stop the leader from forming an effective dictatorship.”

Alexander: “Who is suitable for this role then?”

Walpole: “I would say that you are the most suitable for this role, Alexander.”

Peter, who had been siting in silence, siping his drink, responded. “I have to agree with Walpole here, Alexander you are the most effective person to become the leader. The reasons are because that you are on the small council and are the master of coin, with this high ranking role, you could further our agenda and help the economy even more, as we are the Owl faction, the only Faction on internal and trade affairs. Unless you mean embargos, then you can include the foxes.”

Alexander: “Although I appreciate your support gentlemen I must decline your nomination. For reasons I have yet to disclose leadership of this faction will only be an option for me for a few more years a length of time too small to make a meaningful difference”.

Peter: Well if you don’t want to be leader, we can easily leave the leader of the faction open intill the next meeting and allow free votes in the next royal assembly meeting. Any other proposals?”

]Walpole: “We should have full freedom of vote as one of the core beliefs of our faction.”

Peter: “I agree, if we have the full freedom of the vote in our faction, then we will have none of the internal fighting that the other factions have, as each person votes for something diffrent. Leading to internal divisions in the faction. To be blunt, I agree, Alexander agrees and Walpole agrees. If I have got this wrong should we implement free votes into our faction?”

Walpole: “Our faction should have three core beliefs: Freedom of vote, equality of members and democracy in rule.”

Peter: “I agree with Walpole, to do this would make our faction effective as their isnt a faction civil war, Alexander you have been silent recently, do you agree.”

Alexander: “Perhaps ... perhaps not”

Walpole: “Do you agree or not? I have a feast to organize…”

Alexander: “One I plan on attending but I am undecided on part of your proposition. It is quite absurd to suggest all members should be treated equally a man on the small council should not have to answer to some minor lordling”

Walpole: “Equal as in everyone has the same rights, and the same power in the democracy. If the democratic process policies win not because the majority votes on it but because some people have more power in the vote, the democracy will ultimately fail in the end.”

“There is a reason we have an assembly in England though. It is because we are trusted to run the nation. Not the rabble on the street, therefore it follows that the more powerful in the faction should have this right”

Walpole: “The rabble on the streets are the same people who revolt if we rule wrong, we should have a representative to the peoples of England in our party, one which votes in the interest of the people of England. Our democracy should represent the people who support our faction, the people of England.”

Alexander: “If you believe the peasants care which set of upper class snobs help run the nation you are profoundly mistaken. I am a bastard a man who knows how easily he could have amounted to nothing. I have earned my right to vote with sweat, tears and blood. Men who simply inheirit their fathers titles should not have the same voting power as I!”

Walpole: “All in the party are equal, no matter how they got their power to vote. If you believe that you will get any special treatment for your work, you are mistaken. If we give people special power in the democracy, there will be none.”

Alexander: “Direct democracy has never worked. Even republics limit voting power to merchants or nobles depending on the type if you think all men have the rights of the others your are deluded or an idiot”

Peter: “Gentlemen, we must calm down. This is the exact internal conflicts that I have been talking about for the rest of the meeting, if you would like this argument too continue, it can happen outside of the meeting. Are there any more proposals, if not this meeting is at a end.”

Walpole: “I don’t have any more proposals.”

Alexander: “Nor do I”

Peter: Well, thank you for attending this meeting, hopefully the country can attend the normal state of affairs. I would like a toast. To prosperity.

Walpole: “I suppose I have a minute or two. Cheers!”

After a few brief minuites of enjoying a drink or two, Walpole and Alexander left. The confrontation at the end of the meeting worried Peter, would futher arguments between the two cause further divisions in the faction, or was it a needless worry. Anyway, Peter was looking forward to Walpoles feast, if there was something about Walpoles, is that everything they did was excellent.

Faction vote: Free votes in the assembaly (Approved by Peter Andrews, Alexander and Henry Walpole.)

((Thank you for PatriotofDremul and Cheffy for helping in the meeting, hope its good and if there are grammar mistakes, tell me.))

Reactions:
((Feast will start on 21:00 CET.))

After checking everything if it was all perfect, Walpole officially opened the feast.

((Everyone can post ICs about the feast now.))

Reactions:
Walpole's Grand Feast
Oliver surveyed the scene before him. Most of the guests were yet to arrive but he was sure that he would make the most of this and represent his family well in the eyes of the nobles that would show up. Even if his wife was scowling at him.

Successfully losing his wife in the sparse crowd, Oliver decided to find Walpole.

Last edited:
Reactions:
((I have had really good time reading this AAR. ;)
I would like to make my own character, and get in this thing, so can here still join? And can I get hang of this, even if I join this late?
Also I have never been part of anything like this so I'm total newbie. So, what class do you recommend, if any?
Thanks for replying! Have a nice day!))

Reactions:
((I have had really good time reading this AAR. ;)
I would like to make my own character, and get in this thing, so can here still join? And can I get hang of this, even if I join this late?
Also I have never been part of anything like this so I'm total newbie. So, what class do you recommend, if any?
Thanks for replying! Have a nice day!))
((Hello! I'm glad that you enjoyed reading the AAR. You are very welcome to create a character. Each of the classes has its peeks so it depends on what you want to do. Maybe go for a nobleman? Courtier is also fun if you want to be more involved with trade/colonization. You could also create a clergyman if you want to become more involved in religious matters.))