• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Private Mordaunt))

The long road journey to the occupied capital of Scotland had been an uncomfortable one, the roads hadn't been improved since the Romans had arrived over a thousand years ago, the journey encompassed lots of travelling over mountains, something that was hard to sleep through.

However Mordaunt was sure that the mission would be worth it, give the Peace treaty to the King which he would sign, he could then sleep in a real bed.

The palace that Mordaunt arrived to was lacklustre, not as damaged as the Norwegian one, but not as grand as the one in London. Flanked by his guard he approached the door and knocked twice, it swung open.

He was answered by a lowly servant, "The King and Queen are dead" he said timidly.

"Dead? This is a ploy by you treacherous scots! Take me to them"

"it's not a pretty sight my lord" the boy answered back

"I'm no coward like you, you insolent wretch, now take me to them." The Count said before being led into a bedroom.

As he opened the bedroom door he saw the bodies of the King and Queen of Scotland, having slit their own throats.The count practically cried internally, 'what a waste of my time' he thought. To make sure this wasn't an especially devious plot, he prodded the bodies a few times with his sword, after not moving with half of his arm cut off, Alexander deemed the King to be dead.

With that he handed the terms over to the regent of Scotland, who had no qualms about signing it after Mordaunt lied saying he would keep his position as Baron after they were annexed.

And with that done, he simply walked out. Mordant was getting tired of having to go to far flung places so that somebody could sign peace terms that they were in no place to deny, it was just a waste of everybody's time.
However it was granting him favour with the Queen. So maybe it wasn't too bad.

Reactions:
Amendment to the Right to Trial

5.Should a judge wrongly accuse a person,that person will be released from prison or their descendants will be rightfully compensated.

Amendment to the Right to Trial

5.Should a judge wrongly accuse a person,that person will be released from prison or their descendants will be rightfully compensated.
((Crimes and trials are on hold at the moment, therefore we won't be making new laws that affect crimes in any way for the time being. Should the crime system make a return, then you are free to propose any amendments and new acts that affect crimes.))

((Private to the Queen))
As the Ambassador, I am writing to you to inform you of the current situation in Austria.

Currently they have a very large problem with rebels, my men approximate that around 17,00 have risen up, while I could not ascertain their aims, I do know that the Austrian army is poorly equipped to deal with this internal threat. The COF would have to deal with this threat if you see it is nessecary to send British forces.

However Austria is very accepting of your rule, and I doubt their opinion of the British could be any higher; with the noblemen striving to be as British as possible, adopting our culture, mannerisms and language.

If the reports I have read about the treasurery are correct, then I see no need to siphon off income from them, this would simply destabilise them anymore in a time of great need.

It would also be unwise to have them embargo our rivals, although it is not tom area of expertise. Aragon and France are important trading partners over land in Europe and by sea in the Mediterranean.

If you have any other questions about Austria, then I will do all I can to answer them.

~Count Mordaunt

Reactions:
Duke Graham Hudson sat as his desk, filing through papers, reading letters, finances and such.

A great change was upon Britain, with the death of his father and the war with the French. As new Count of Cornwall, well, Duke,
Graham would be taking his father's place int he royal assembly, He had attended with his father before, but had not participated. He would prepare a proposition for the assembly of his own.

Hudson's Expansion Plan
1. Rest and Reconstruction, England shall remain at peace until she has recovered from her wounds
2. Annex Holland.
3. Make Preparations to restore order in the Kingdom of France
4. Force the French nobility to accept their rightful queen.

Dear Ximeno,
With my father's passing I feel I must take some steps in court, allow me to request entry into to Owls of which you lead.
Duke Hudson

Elizabeth noticed that Annemarie Morgan and Graham Hudson had proposed expansion plans with which she was not too happy and so she sat done and wrote her own. Afterwards she sent short letters to Chancellor Huntingdon and Commander of the Forces Talbot. The leader of the Owls received no letter from her.

The Queen's Expansion Plan
1. Prepare the army for an invasion of Sweden. The Swedish lack allies who are willing to defend them and their lands are therefore right for the taking. An expansion into Sweden strengthens our position in Scandinavia. We cannot risk to let Lithuania recover. At a later point, we might have to face our ally on the battlefield should they show more willingness to defend Sweden.
2. Hit Sweden as soon as the army is ready.
3. Defeat the usurpers of House Valois. The French throne is rightfully mine.
54DUG0h.png

EgCNeFN.png

((Letter to CoF Talbot))
Dear Oliver,
I ask that you support my expansion plan as I feel that Hudson's and Morgan's expansion plans do not benefit the country. Expansion into Holland will lead to a war with the Holy Roman Emperor and his allies. Sweden on the other hand is right for the taking. I urge you to use your power as faction leader to support this plan.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Queen of France, Queen of Scotland, Queen of Norway, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine

((Letter to Chancellor Huntingdon)
Chancellor,
The Foxes have proposed that my claim on France should be enforced. Now I ask you to support my expansion plan.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Queen of France, Queen of Scotland, Queen of Norway, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine

((To Alyssa Nuzhat))
I would like to see those animals. Please have the horses sent to the stables.
Regarding the publication of any of your journals I suggest you talk to Chancellor of Huntingdon who is working on a printing press last I heard.

((To Count Mordaunt))
Thank you for the detailed report on Austria. I trust your judgment and therefore we will neither siphon income from the Austrians nor make them embargoing our rivals. Men are already underway to defeat the rebells. I cannot believe that people actually rose up against my rule in Austria. This is a shocking development. Is Austria so unstable? Are the taxes too high? Am I not liked by the people?

((private to the Queen))

No, I can assure you that you are an extremely popular ruler, as far as I can tell from the limited information. The rebellion is orchestrated by a group of minor nobles around Linz, their soldiers no doubt having been tricked. I'm sure with these nobles suppressed the last people who oppose your rule will be eliminated

~Alexander Mordaunt.

((So I will be going on a holiday from Friday to next week's Wednesday, and I will not post in that time. Also, I'm terribly sick right now, so that's why I didn't post that much lately.))

'Very well, if this is what she wants - a threat!' Ximeno laughs maniacally, almost can't stop. 'If she can't discern a threat from my exclusion of a threat, then this only confirms me in my actions. She reacted as I expected it following my choice of words. Disloyal citizen -ha!' He continues to laugh. 'Well, this was fun enough, but it is time to go then. Finally put myself to rest and enjoy my life as I should have done some time ago.'

Ximeno writes some last letters.
Lord Hudson,
You seem like a good enough man. Maybe you can help bring this kingdom back on the righteous path. You are admitted to the Owls, and can become their leader for all I care. I have seen enough.

Ximeno Arantxez

Lords, Ladies, Courtiers,

I wish you all farewell. This kingdom is going into a direction that I cannot continue to follow. I have had a brief exchange of letters with her majesty Elizabeth, and it only confirms it. I have added copies of these letters to this one, and while I admit that my choice of words might have been a bit extreme, her reaction is even more so. A threat? Please. In any way, you will not see me again, and I hope to have opened your eyes to her paranoid schemes. Don't even try to look for me.

Ximeno Arantxez

Ximeno then departs for an unknown destination, with most of his wealth, leaving behind a good advice for his family - don't meddle into politics.
As a special farewell gift, he sends some thugs to sink the royal treasury in the sea ((if that isn't too much for a leaving character who doesn't run the risk of being captured.))

((I am taking my leave from the iAAR. Not because Ximeno's been sacked, with this letter that was to be expected. But because I don't like the general way it is going. Seems to me as if the outcome is clearly a WC, and the RP part, while mostly well and entertaining (despite some 21st century thinking) only helps this aim. England is becoming more and more OP, and the example of the French coronation just seems like a gamey way to have France declare war - in OTL, English monarchs styled themselves kings of France until 1801, and yet there was no 'Fivehundred Years War'. It is suicidal to declare war on almost all surrounding powers while one doesn't even call his own allies (in EU IV terms: would be alled into two seperate wars). I wish you all good luck continuing this. The EBC will continue to exist under an Arantxez NPC, but keep to its original trade and don't meddle in politics; but anyone can feel free to take over the company as an Arantxez. Farewell.))

Reactions:
((Bye @alscon. It's sad to see you leave. Claiming that WC is a certainty in this iAAR is not true and lacks a basis.
There was no way I found to make France call her allies in the war and I felt and still feel that it enriched the story. The coronation was not even my own idea; the story is largely shaped by the players.))

Walpole's expansion plan

1. After this most deadly war with the pretenders, we shall have peace until the reserves have recovered to 50% of the maximum possible for our nation.
2. Expand influence in the Low Countries by conquering the great city of Antwerp.

3. Expand our influence in the Baltic Sea by attacking Denmark, or expand our influence in Scandinavia by invading Sweden, with the goal of seizing the Stora Koppargebert and the Norwegian coast.
4. Should our nation be ready for it, we shall end the French pretenders!

Brought to you by Earl Henry Walpole, Earl of Dublin

((Legend:
White: Has to be done
Green: Can be ignored
Yellow: Multiple Choices, can be ignored))​

Reactions:
Peter was walking towards his boat, another mission sent by Ximeno, the waters had got dangerous with the war with France. Though Ximeno still thought it was a sane idea to send him to the Baltic states such as Poland and the Livonion order, to get involved in the Baltic grain trade he had also rattled on about Stock fish, no idea where he was going there, but I guess that ill do whatever..
Then someone ran up to him, letter from Ximeno, Peter quickly read the letter. Ximeno had rage quit during a fight with the queen and had left the country. This was insane, though Ximeno was proud and a simple insult could turn him into a swearing machine for a few minutes, Alyssa join the ERTC had caused that.

Though this caused more damage to the owls, Peter would have to make a meeting quickly so that they could elect a new leader and decide their objective, the owls had been shrinking in numbers.

Due to the recent unforeseen departure of Ximeno, we all need to gather together and chose are next leader of the owls.
I hope that you all can make it.
From Peter Andrews

((What time do we want to do this at, lets not decide on the day.))

Reactions:
((March 1474. Before boarding))

William was anxiously waiting for Hayk in Cork. Honestly he was nervous, rumors were that Hayk lost his way trying to find a way back to India, but he told himself he was going to be fine, after all nobody makes the same mistake twice right?

((September 1474))

William was nervous, again. It's been months since they left Castille and all William saw was water, everywhere. William started getting doubts where they were but he trusted Hayk, he had sailed through these waters two times already they were going to make it to India.

((March 1475))

They made it! The land was a bit different than what he expected, as far as the eye could see there were trees and not a single soul. Hayk dropped him and his crew, three hundred of the best hunters in England, near a river. Let's find a town.

((May 21, 1475))

India, if this was really it, was a boring place; they have been walking for months now, only seeing trees and the river. Until the horses got lost, using this as an excuse to break the monotony of the expedition William offered himself to retrieve them, he found them further down the river drinking. The sun was already setting so he urged them to a jog to catch up with the rest.

((June 5, 1475))

The expedition finally found him! He'd been lost for months now (or so he thought) feeding of the plants of the land and drinking from the river. The horses died seven days after he found them, afterwards he stumbled down the river hoping to find something to tell him he was on the right path, finding footprints. He tried following them but it started raining and the footprints disappeared. It wasn't until he started fading from exhaustion that he heard the voice of the hunter, William followed the sound to the source; there, looking like an angel, was his savior.

((June 6, 1475))

He got lost again. This time was different, the expedition reached a fork in the river that split it in three, he went with a hunter so he wouldn't, couldn't, get lost but the hunter eat the wrong berries and died. William spent the next three days looking for the rest of the group, he found them quickly, or they found him. William arrived back to the camp and the others looked at him funny, he didn't pay much attention to them and went to bed.

((June 8, 1475))

The days after the incident were the most boring ones, the crew insisted on keeping an eye on him at all time, from dawn until he fell asleep, even while he was going! One day the guard got distracted for a minute cleaning his boots and when he looked back to William e was gone. The guard sighted and called for the hunter, this was going to be a long expedition.

Reactions:
'Very well, if this is what she wants - a threat!' Ximeno laughs maniacally, almost can't stop. 'If she can't discern a threat from my exclusion of a threat, then this only confirms me in my actions. She reacted as I expected it following my choice of words. Disloyal citizen -ha!' He continues to laugh. 'Well, this was fun enough, but it is time to go then. Finally put myself to rest and enjoy my life as I should have done some time ago.'

Ximeno writes some last letters.
Lord Hudson,
You seem like a good enough man. Maybe you can help bring this kingdom back on the righteous path. You are admitted to the Owls, and can become their leader for all I care. I have seen enough.

Ximeno Arantxez

Lords, Ladies, Courtiers,

I wish you all farewell. This kingdom is going into a direction that I cannot continue to follow. I have had a brief exchange of letters with her majesty Elizabeth, and it only confirms it. I have added copies of these letters to this one, and while I admit that my choice of words might have been a bit extreme, her reaction is even more so. A threat? Please. In any way, you will not see me again, and I hope to have opened your eyes to her paranoid schemes. Don't even try to look for me.

Ximeno Arantxez

Ximeno then departs for an unknown destination, with most of his wealth, leaving behind a good advice for his family - don't meddle into politics.
As a special farewell gift, he sends some thugs to sink the royal treasury in the sea ((if that isn't too much for a leaving character who doesn't run the risk of being captured.))

((I am taking my leave from the iAAR. Not because Ximeno's been sacked, with this letter that was to be expected. But because I don't like the general way it is going. Seems to me as if the outcome is clearly a WC, and the RP part, while mostly well and entertaining (despite some 21st century thinking) only helps this aim. England is becoming more and more OP, and the example of the French coronation just seems like a gamey way to have France declare war - in OTL, English monarchs styled themselves kings of France until 1801, and yet there was no 'Fivehundred Years War'. It is suicidal to declare war on almost all surrounding powers while one doesn't even call his own allies (in EU IV terms: would be alled into two seperate wars). I wish you all good luck continuing this. The EBC will continue to exist under an Arantxez NPC, but keep to its original trade and don't meddle in politics; but anyone can feel free to take over the company as an Arantxez. Farewell.))
((Happy travels))

((People in the Owls, we need to set up a meeting with a date and time.
If we don't, factions may go the way of the Court system, we don't want that do we.))

Reactions:
((At the Royal Assembly))
This time the delegates had to decide on a new expansion plan after the English conquest of Scotland had been completed. Duke Hudson, Count Walpole, Count Morgan and the Queen each proposed their own plan.

Hudson's Expansion Plan
1. Rest and Reconstruction, England shall remain at peace until she has recovered from her wounds
2. Annex Holland.
3. Make Preparations to restore order in the Kingdom of France
4. Force the French nobility to accept their rightful queen.

The Queen's Expansion Plan
1. Prepare the army for an invasion of Sweden. The Swedish lack allies who are willing to defend them and their lands are therefore right for the taking. An expansion into Sweden strengthens our position in Scandinavia. We cannot risk to let Lithuania recover. At a later point, we might have to face our ally on the battlefield should they show more willingness to defend Sweden.
2. Hit Sweden as soon as the army is ready.
3. Defeat the usurpers of House Valois. The French throne is rightfully mine.
54DUG0h.png

EgCNeFN.png

Walpole's expansion plan

1. After this most deadly war with the pretenders, we shall have peace until the reserves have recovered to 50% of the maximum possible for our nation.
2. Expand influence in the Low Countries by conquering the great city of Antwerp.
3. Expand our influence in the Baltic Sea by attacking Denmark, or expand our influence in Scandinavia by invading Sweden, with the goal of seizing the Stora Koppargebert and the Norwegian coast.
4. Should our nation be ready for it, we shall end the French pretenders!

((Legend:
Colored: Has to be done; rest is optional ))

Morgan Expansion Plan

1. Peace: We need time to let our armies recover from the French war.
2. Burgundy: The Low Countries are very rich in trade. Should we conquer them from their Burgundian oppressors, we will have new trading trading oppertunities open up in the English Channel.
3. Holland: After our Burgundian war, our troops will be near the small stae of Holland, an important trading power. By conquering Holland, even more trading oppertunities in the English Vhannel
3. Denmark: The Danish should be an easy target. This would improve our trade capasity in the Baltic and Germany.
4. Brittany: The Bretons will be an easy war. More land for England
5. Provence: Easy war, same reasoning as the Britany
6. France: The French have forgotten that we are their rightful rulers. It to remind them one final time. We must put her majesty on the throne of France. It is the will of God.

Next to a new expansion plan, the assembly had to decide how the Jewish population should be treated. Should Jews be expelled or allowed to live in England? That was the question at hands. Most of the Catholic countries expelled them. In some of the European republics like Genoa, the Jews were allowed to live though.
((This event will re-fire every 15 years allowing us to change how we treat Jews. All Christian AI countries get the same event. The AI is more likely to pick the option in which the Jews are expelled.))

rQc4D5t.png

Vq7yBHV.png

The last remaining issue concerned England's future. On what should the country focus more?

7wybgIp.png

((
Expansion Plan: Hudson / Morgan / Queen / Walpole
Policy Towards Jews: Expell them / Allow them to stay
Idea group: Innovative Ideas / Religious Ideas / Economic Ideas / Expansion Ideas / Administrative Ideas / Humanist Ideas / Aristocratic Ideas / Offensive Ideas / Defensive Ideas / Quality Ideas / Quantity Ideas / Naval Ideas
For the idea group vote, you can vote on 2 idea groups. The idea group with the most votes will be chosen. Depending on the length of the chapter, it could be that we might not unlock our second idea group slot. In that case, there will not be a revote.

The deadline for this vote is Saturday at 19:00 CET.

I strongly encourage the faction leaders of the Foxes and Wolves to inform their members if there are any voting restrictions in place for their respective faction.

That brings me to a slightly different matter, the Owls are still leaderless. You need to organize yourselves better otherwise there is little point in having factions. As far as I am aware, Rapop tried to organize a meeting but nobody of the other Owl members replied to his message.

))

Edit:
((The small council meeting seems to also have failed to take place so the Queen has been advised by the GM ;) ))

Last edited:
Expansion Plan: Walpole. Gotta root for the home team!
Policy Towards Jews: Allow them to stay
Idea group: Economic Ideas / Naval Ideas

Henry Walpole, 11 votes

Expansion Plan: Hudson
Policy Towards Jews: Expel them
Idea group: Quality Ideas / Expansion Ideas

- Walter William Briggs, Earl of Marches

Wolf Voting Policy
Expansion Plan:Queen
Not only does Her Majesty's plan show wisdom in taking advantage of Swedish vulnerability and righteousness in the destruction of the pretenders in Paris, but supporting the plan would be a clear sign of our loyalty and support of Her Majesty.
Policy Towards Jews: Free choice
Although I will vote to allow them to stay, - as all those loyal to the crown should be permitted in this great kingdom - this is not a military matter, so I will give you free choice in this vote.
Idea group: At least one military group.
The advancement of the military should be considered, but other routes may also benefit the nation in the long run, so I request that you vote for at least one military focus for our nation.

Oliver's Vote
Expansion Plan: Queen

As I told the Wolves:
"Not only does Her Majesty's plan show wisdom in taking advantage of Swedish vulnerability and righteousness in the destruction of the pretenders in Paris, but supporting the plan would be a clear sign of our loyalty and support of Her Majesty".

Policy Towards Jews: Allow them to stay
Every loyal citizen of the crown should be permitted into our great kingdom. Regardless of the economic effects of the Jews' presence in England, their recognition of Her Majesty's rightful rule is enough for them to be permitted to stay.

Idea group: Innovative Ideas / Quality Ideas
A high quality military, combined with advanced technology would allow us to dominate Europe as a great military power. I'd personally prioritize the advancement of technology first as it has other applications, but either order of focus would be beneficial to the country.

-Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces, Duke of Normandy and Leader of the Wolves

Last edited:
Reactions: