• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((This is a Joint post between @delpiero1234 and me))

Wilhelm Hayk was nervous, he send the letter to the Queen some days ago but he have not received any answer. Finally, one day he received a letter with the royal seal, he started to read it and a smiled slowly appeared in his face. His Majesty has accepted his services as an Explorer of the Crown, he was now a step closer to his dream of traveling around the known world and maybe he could help the realm, by finding a route to the ancient and Mytical kingdoms of Hindustan and Ceylon.

However, Hayk knew this was not a cheap endeavor so he would have to ask the Queen for some fund to finance it, he prepared all the documents and maps he had and went to the royal palace.

(At the Royal Palace)

Wilhelm Hayk: Good day gentlemen, Can you inform Her Royal Majesty that Wilhelm Hayk, explorer of the realm, requires an audience?

Royal Guard: Wait a moment, please. What is your business with the Her Majesty?

Wilhelm Hayk: I want to show Her Majesty a new exploration plan.

The Royal Guard looks skeptical and then replies: “Very well.”

About twenty minutes later, the guard returned. “You have been granted an audience with Her Majesty. Take care, Mr Hayk.”

Wilhelm Hayk: Thank you very much.

Hayk was astonished about the greatness of the Royal Palace, it was a magnificent place well-build and with a great hall where the Queen awaited for him.

Elizabeth: Mr Hayk, what brings you to Westminster today? Have you received my letter?

WIlhelm Hayk: Good Day Your Majesty, I have come today to thank you for accepting me as your explorer, it is a great honor for me and my ancestors to serve such a wise ruler and your glorious dynasty.

Elizabeth: After Wolfe had to leave for Oldenburg, your application came just in time. Are you ready to set sail? Three ships are awaiting you in the port of Dover.

Wilhelm: We are almost ready your Majesty, however, there are some things I would like to discuss before I part away.

Elizabeth: “You are here, so speak.”

Wilhelm: As Your Majesty knows, Herr Wolfe decided to focus on exploring the northern sea, following the ancient Vikings tales about a place call Vinland, which is supposedly a place of green and fertile lands. In my case, I don’t believe in those myths and I don’t want to risk some ships going to the edge of the world; for that reason, I would like to ask for funds to finance an expedition to West Africa, where I think we will find a route that may allow us to trade with ancients kingdoms in the east like Hindustan or Ceylon.

Elizabeth listed full of enthusiasm to what Hayk had to say. She liked his plan to discover a route to Ceylon: “What an excellent plan, Mr Hayk! The Crown will finance your expedition to Ceylon with great pleasure. Is there anything else I can do for you today?”

Wilhelm: Thank you Your Majesty, I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Wilhelm left the royal palace. He didn’t felt nervous anymore, the Queen showed enthusiasm in his plan and agreed to provide the necessary funds. Soon he will sail far away from Europe, to the lands in the South of the Moroccan Kingdom where some Portuguese sailors said to have seen strange creatures and things. But now, he needed to go to Dover to finish all the preparations.

Reactions:
((@Rapop101
200 ducats is a lot of money for a courtier. If you and others feel it makes sense RP-wise then I won't intervene as GM. Just pointing out that 200 ducats is much more than a fortune.
We had a trial in which Cardinal Bedford had been sentenced to pay 5 ducats for example and 5 ducats is a lot of money already.))
((For example, Dublin has a basetax of 6 duckats yearly. That would be almost 35 years of income from Dublin before you'll reach 200 duckats. Just pointing out how insane it is.))
((Okay effectively I have a plan now. Like the BSA it can be voted on in next voting session to see if it passes, with of course me as the head but owned by the goverment. Does this work, ill make an IC explaning the change of plans.))

Reactions:
((Private master of Coin))
I would like to buy 4% of the Stocks of the new Trading company, I am willing to pay as much as is nessecary to secure these stocks. I as a diplomat feel trade fosters good relationships with other nations.
~Alexander Mordaunt

At the Royal Assembly
William went to the Royal Assembly to vote on several matters of importance. Several people had proposed Acts for the Assembly to consider, this time there were even eight to vote on. Some of the acts were quite good and certainly got the approval of William, but some acts ...

First act to be voted on was the Moral Standards Act. The excellent Alexander of Huntingdon spoke up and said what probably quite some nobles thought. Over the last years we've had quite some issues with the clergy, who in Williams eyes became much too earthly. Having nobles administer their land would give the clergy much more time to do what they should be doing: spiritual matters. So, William decided to vote yes.

The Second Moral Standards Act asked for all bishoprics to have schools or universities to be build in their lands. This way young higher-ups would be able to study and learn valuable lessons. Maybe he should contribute to the building/upkeep of the one that should come in Northumberland... For this, William also voted yes.

Our explorer Wilhelm Hayk was concerned about the safety and stability of our country. This Sheriffs Act would mean that sheriffs would be appointed and the country should become less stable as issues will be resolved much quicker. As judge, William was only happy that justice would be done to those who are rebellious against the Crown or others. He therefore also voted yes.

In order to make everyone in our realm speak English, General Hudson proposed the Cultural and Linguistic Integration Act. William felt that everyone within our realm should be able to speak English and should know about our ideals. It would make people feel English quicker and better and William was all for that and voted yes.

It seemed to have become some ritual, but the Count of Dublin had to insist on an act that would spend lots of money that we currently do not have. This British Security Act would create a security service to uncover and destroy plots and uncover enemy spies. While the idea is quite alright, having to spend so much money on this was unbelievable and William therefore voted no.

Duke Oliver Talbot also had some suggestions for laws. The first of which was setting up a Royal Post Service through which official correspondence would be running. William found this a good plan, it would save some energy having to get letters delivered by messengers (though, post to the royals should be, of course). Therefore, William voted yes on the Honourable Correspondence Act.

The Confiscation of Criminal Property Act seemed a reasonable idea by the Duke. It should be possible for the crown to confiscate property when someone committed a serious crime. Maybe it would be good to have courts be able to do this as well, but he might have to ask the Queen about that. William also voted yes on this act.

As last act the False Accusation Act was proposed by the Duke. While his intentions are probably alright, it seemed that this act might be overreaching a bit. For example, attempted murder is a serious offence, but a death sentence for that... seems a bit unreasonable. William felt that the courts should be free to decide on the punishment and therefore voted no.

((Moral Standards Act: Yes
Second Moral Standards Act: Yes
Sheriff Act: Yes
Cultural and Lingual Integration Act: Yes
BSA: No
Honourable Correspondance Act: Yes
Confiscation of Criminal Property Act: Yes
False Accusation Act: No

William Clifford, Count of Cumbria, Lord of Mann and Judge of the Court of England - 8 votes))

Alexander rode through Lisbon taking in all the sights of the old city. His knowledge of Portuguese was not as extensive as he would have liked but he knew enough to hold a conversation. Yet still a feeling of excitement filled him. A few weeks abroad while Matthew was busy would seem like heaven compared to his duties at Oxford and as such he decided to enjoy it to the fullest.

He got down from his horse and affixed a badge with the English Coat of Arms on. A man who knew the future king of England would be a popular man in these parts. His cloak flowing behind him he approached a bar and a man leaving saw what he was wearing and held the door for him.

Inside was a huge hall with bar maidens running around tables while patrons drank the finest wines and beers but what Alex had come here for was vodka. Not any old spirit but a bottle shipped in from the remanence of the Novgorod. The barman saw him and began to speak to him in pigeon English but Alex quickly told him he knew his mother tongue and ordered a shot. He reached for his pocket but the man told Alex the 3 words he needed to here. “On the house”.

“In that case. better make it a double!” the squire cheekily responded.

30 seconds and a slight disappointment later Alex paid for a two bottles of there best wine and headed out into the street. Pulling out the cork and necking half of one bottle, Alexander rode of to his next stop for the night.

4 hours later he staggered out of a bar in some corner of the capital holding another 3 boxes of bottled wine for some other night of debauchery. Alex had iwth him two ladies he had charmed and took them home with him hoping no one would tell Duke Bourchier or his daughter.

He would make this a daily routine he thought as they approached the castle keep and headed inside to fufil his plan.

((This happened dutring Matthew's visit to Portugal in 1466))

Last edited:
((Private message to the Squire of Prince Matthew.))
Good Sir, I would like to arrange a meeting with your master. I have many matters to discuss with him that I would prefer to do in private. I can be searched by Guards and I will submit to any security checks you want.
I hope my tarnished reputation will not be a problem, as the charges were proven false.

Yours sincerely
Count Alexander Mordaunt

Moral Standards Act: No
Giving more power to the nobility at this time is questionable, with all the treason happening recently.
Expanding the education of the nobility will increase the productivity of the realm.
Sheriff Act: No
The crown has more important things to spend it's money on. The local lords can administer justice themselves.
This is a huge step towards the future of the realm. Conquered people's will call themselves English!
This is Absurdly expensive!
Honourable Correspondance Act: Abstain
Criminals lose their rights when they go againt the law!

((If you wanted us to help you shouldn't have done it at like 3:00 CET. Also, is the letter that @themoomaster send public knowledge?))
((Nope))

((To Graham Hudson))
Morgan and Lloyd?! These are some shocking news that you bring to my attention, Graham Hudson. For that you have my gratitude. Count Morgan will be interrogated shortly given that is already imprisoned for a different crime. I have CoF Talbot tos seize Arthur Lloyd for treason.
Make sure to stop by the royal palace the next time you visit the capital because you shall receive 13 ducats for sending me these documentations.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Normandy

((To Count Mordaunt))
Please contact the Master of Coin for the acquisition of any potential stocks as I currently am too busy to deal with this matter my self. Something unexpected has popped up which now requires my full attention.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine and Duchess of Normandy

((To CoF Talbot))
Oliver,
I order you to seize Arthur Lloyd for treason. Bring him to the capital were he shall be given a short trial prior to his execution. Should he prove to be uncooperative then your men may kill the traitor.

Furthermore, you are hereby appointed as Duke of Normandy as a reward for you continuous loyalty towards the Crown and service as CoF and general. I also have not forgotten that you gave up your STC shares to make the founding of the ERTC possible.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine and Duchess of Normandy

((Public))
Oliver Talbot, Count of Caux, Commander of the Forces, General of the English Royal Army, is hereby declared as Duke of Normandy, a hereditary title that was previously held by Queen Elizabeth Talbot.

~ Francis Thompson, Royal Advisor

((Public))
Arthur Lloyd and Christian Morgan are hereby declared as as enemies of the state for having committed treason. They have the right to a fair trial which is to be held in London within a fortnight.

~ Francis Thompson, Royal Advisor
((@Stingrex please let me know if Arthur Lloyd wishes to escape so I do a RNG roll))

Understood, I will be accompanying my father on his visit to the royal assembly.
I assume I will be attending as a witness, correct?
Graham Hudson

Dear ser, the only meetings I can arrange are ones with myself if you wish to meeti with his Highness contact himself or his mother.

-Alexander

((Letter to Prince Matthew))

My prince , I would like to arrange a meeting with you. I have many matters to discuss with tou that I would prefer to do in private. I can be searched by Guards and I will submit to any security checks you want.
I hope my tarnished reputation will not be a problem, as the charges were proven false by you yourself.

Yours sincerely
Count Alexander Mordaunt

Reactions:
((I'm taking a short hiatus from this game, nothing personal. I just don't have enough time to do all of these games.))

Reactions:
Moral Standards Act: Abstain
Cultural and Lingual Integration Act: Abstain
Honourable Correspondence Act: Yes

- William Benjamin Briggs, Earl of Marches

At the Assembly.
Wilhelm analyzed every law presented in the Assembly,

Moral Standards Act: Wilhelm believed this act gave too much power to the nobility, an that wasn't wise, given all the cases of plotting and slandering between the nobles of the realm. So WIlhelm decide to vote No.

Second Moral Standards Act , the second law proposed by Alexander of Hungtindon was more of the like of Wilhelm, if nobles are educated it could improve the life of the commoners. Even if WIlhelm preferred that nobles were also educated in administrative skills, this was a good first steep so he decided to vote Yes.

Sheriff Act, Ja, Näturilich (Yes, of course)

Cultural and Linguistic Integration Act, This act put WIlhelm in an uncomfortable position been Him an Austrian and his Wife Spanish, he would prefer to accommodate the different cultures of the realm rather than eliminate them. He decided to vote No.

The British Security Agency (BSA), Sir Walpole proposal was a very expensive one and Wilhelm feared than the lack of oversight will allow some individuals to use this agency for their sinister purposes. He decided to abstain, to not angry Sir Walpole.

Honourable Correspondence Act, WIlhelm liked the idea of a national post service but the possibility of misusing the power to open and read the letter make him doubt of the intentions of the act. He decided to abstain

Confiscation of Criminal Property Act, WIlhelm voted Yes

False Accusation Act, It was an interesting act given the recurrent use of false testimony by the nobility, however WIlhelm considered the punishment to harsh given that it wasn't a violent crime like murder or a heinous one like sodomy. He decided to abstain

Last edited:
((thanks to @Istarsamu for being a great IC co operator, as he is always, and to @delpiero1234 for providing a skeleton to the colonization ideas, Istar should post shortly after me, outling a summary of what we have said in this chat IC))

London 1469 - The Royal Chancellory

The day had started crisp and fair, Duke Bourchier liked to get his daily business done quickly, so that he could administrate his new lands more effectively. He quickly managed to find the headquarters of the Royal Diplomatic Corps. Its robust structure easily dominated the other, small, buildings around it. He knocked briskly upon the door with his cane three times. A doorman quickly greeted James, who enquired after Chancellor Robert, as he had important matters of state to attend to with the man. After a bit of confusion over his identity, he was lead to the quant office door that was Robert’s office. He rapped sharply, and awaited his host.

Robert: Rivington! Go to the door, someone tries to disturb me. Send him away.

Rivington went to the door, opened and got quite surprised by the presence of Duke Bourchier who just went straight past him into the office.
Robert, annoyed by the disruption of his work: What do you think you’re… Oh, Duke Bourchier, I didn’t expect to meet you today, have a seat. Do you wish something to drink?

Duke Bourchier: A small whiskey would do me splendly, it is rather a rare drink up on the Ice land.

Robert: Sure, Rivington, bring our guest and me from our finest whiskey, and be quick about it. It is an honour of you to visit me, Duke Bourchier, about what do you want to talk to me?

Duke Bourchier: To be fair, Sir it is a pleasure to meet you also, your father was a great man, even if he didn’t approve of my…. matrimonial nature. Anyhow, I was here to discuss matters of state we are, at least in my view, the most powerful people in this new small council, so I think it would be wise if we discuss our ideas of progression. A pressing point i want to discuss is how we should deal with these new lands on the horizon, who knows if there could be more beyond it.

Robert: You mean this ice desert that Explorer Wolfe discovered somewhere far away in the north sea? I don’t know if this is something that should concern us too much. The only thing usefull in this wasteland could be a small port for our ships to be repaired, but I believe you have more understanding about this, as you are the Duke of Norour Lendir and know what to do in such cold and inhospitable places.

Duke Bourchier: I must agree with you sir, but even if that becomes the provinces only purpose, it would be a important platform to trade with the Cathays. Or perhaps beyond this new land, there is another land, filled with further riches, beyond the wildest imagination. So perhaps it would be wise to claim them, in due time, for the good of the nation.

Rivington entered the room again, bringing in a carafe of best scottish whiskey. He filled both the Duke and the Chancellor a glass and left the room thereafter.

Robert: Thank you Rivington. Back to your statement, Sir, you suggest this place in the north could be a platform for trade with the Cathays? Now I really have no clue what you are talking about. Isn’t China miles and miles to the east and this place is to the northwest? I am sure I missunderstood something you said. Yes, I agree we should claim these lands for the glory of Queen and Country, but I don’t see any possibility for us to use it for much more then a harbour as I allready stated.

Duke Bourchier: All the better to facilitate trade, anyhow. But I think it would be wise to determine what an explorer should do, in case he does happen to find more unclaimed territory further west

Robert: Well, if there is more land to be found, the explorer should firstly create maps of the Region. What we have of this greenland at the moment is nothing more then a rough knowledge of it’s position. Nothing about the coastline, not speaking about the interior. It could be the Paradise or Hell and we wouldn’t know it. I hope deerly that Wilhelm Hayk will do a better job as an explorer then Wolfe ever did.

Duke Bourchier: That does sound perfectly reasonable good sir, but after he has explored this new expanse, do you think that he should decide where to go next, or should that be a power vested in the monarchy?

takes a sip from his whiskey

Robert: I’d say the Council and the Queen should determine in which general direction the explorer should head. About the more precise movements the explorer should decide. He should know the region better then us.

Duke Bourchier: I would agree to that, it stands to reason that, as a constiuent assembly, we should advise the future direction of where our great nation should go. Need we determine more about the preciseness of this?

Robert: Should we give this task to the whole Assembly? I’d say the Master of Coin would be best suited to decide about this, because he should have the most knowledge about what places are in the best interest for the Realm to be explored to further it’s trade possibilities. Also is he most likely a man who knows more about ships then any other of us and could therefore know how far out one of our explorers could be send.

Duke Bourchier: He certainly could put forward plans of potential expansion, that could work for sure, but it would be wise, in my opinion, for all members of the council’s opinions to be heard, as each of their capacities feed into the establishment of a settlement upon a new piece of land.

Robert: Oh, of course. I haven’t put much thought into establishing settlements and colonies yet. I, however, would follow with those the same rules as with the explorer. Let the Assembly give our colonist a general direction of where to colonize and then let him decide on which part of land he wants to put his first settlement.

Duke Bourchier: I feel it should be vested by the small council where he goes, we have been chosen for we best understand the whims of the monarch, so we would thereby represent her best interests, and thereby those of the realm.

Robert: I agree, Sir.

Duke Bourchier: So after the colony has been founded, should these places be funded, if so by whom?

takes another sip of the whiskey

Robert: Well, Duke Bourchier, I am not quite sure about that. The crown would certainly have a great interest in acquiring new land and should therefore be the biggest invester in new colonies. But as we speak is the treasury of the realm just recovering from the wars we’ve fought some years ago and I am not sure if it can bear the expenses a colony would bring. It might be best to ask Ximeno Arantxez the Master of Coin about this matter. Maybe we can aquire some money from one of the Trading Companies in exchange for exclusive trading rights in these newly settled regions.

Duke Bourchier: That sounds reasonable , sir. Who should be instilled to run these new lands though, and what responsiblities would that individual have?

Robert: Well what would you think, sir? You as the Ambassador know much about the relations between the crown and it’s subjects. I think It wouldn’t be possible to rule a big colony directly from London. The distance is just too far, messages and orders could take weeks if not months until it would reach some possible new lands.

Duke Bourchier: I see that perhaps a new position, dubbed as a Viceroy to what ever the name of the new colony is, who will govern in the crowns stead. Furthermore, much as it hurts me, perhaps it would be wise to delegate authority to the courtiers over these new lands. Perhaps they could determine the money coming back to the state, locations of potential expansion and anything else you can think of.

Robert: You mean to give these desicions to the Assembly? I am not sure if this is a wise move, sir. I’d say that every Viceroy, as you call them, would be a subject of the realm and would therefore fall under the authority of the Ambassador.

Duke Bourchier: That wasn’t my intended meaning sir, i did feel they should report to a senior person, and my current position, in my opinion, would be a suitable idea- for them to report to my eventual successor, as I doubt new lands will be discovered in the few years I have left on this Earth. But about the authority of these Vice-Kings, to address them in their true english form, what should they report back to the Ambassador?

finishes his whiskey

Robert: Well what do I know what an Vice-King could report about? Maybe about the state of his colony, the loyalty of the population there, the amount of tarrifs the colony has to pay to the realm, further directions of colonization, maybe even the state of the colonies military and possible targets for attack and expansion? I am not sure, Sir, this is a field in which all of us know little about.

Duke Bourchier: Tis true, but the Queen has been most pressing to me to try and find solutions to this problem, before it even becomes a problem. But i feel we have resolved this for now, is there anything of note you wish to discuss with myself?

Robert: There is something we have to talk about, the bethroal between my son Alexander and your daughter Helen which my father had arranged. Alexander is now 21 years old and an earned man as the squire of the Crown Prince. I’d say we should arrange the marriage to be held in the near future.

Duke Bourchier: I must aplogise for my lack of organization, the transition from London to Ice Land has been… dramatic to the family. I shall of course ask Helen to come down to be wed shortly, I can only repeat how sorry I am for not taking it upon myself to have done it sooner.

Robert: There was no hurry about the marriage, my Lord, you musn’t feel sorry. Alexander has always been away with the Crown Prince and there has been no time.

Duke Bourchier: Thank you good sir, you are too kind. I feel our business here is done, it has been a pleasure to determine what to do with yourself, you truly possess your father’s silver tongue.

Robert: I thank you, my Lord, it was a pleasure to meet you aswell. I have heard much about your ability to work in the background and get things done and am quite honoured that you come to me to think about the way our great nation should establish it self with colonies. I hope we’ll meet again soon when the marriage is organized.

Duke Bourchier: As do I, my good friend. I shall take my leave then.

Duke Bourchier takes his leave, being sure to brush out the creases in his clothing, as he made his way back home

Reactions:
((A joint IC between Luftwafer and Delpiero.))

The Sun was barring down on Alexander, the Hot British Summer sun was beating down on the count as he entered the Princes Oxford Palace. The palace stretched across Alexander's view, with countless windows above the door was the extravagant carvings showing the Prince's Heraldic sigil. As he approached the door it opened, it's wood featuring images ranging from another sigil to a simple image of a crossed sword.

The guards frisked him down, obviously the Prince didn't trust him, before being herded into a large room with the prince sat down behind a long table.

Prince Matthew welcomed Alexander Mordaunt
. “Count Mordaunt, what gives me the honour to have you here in Oxford?”

Mordaunt: “First may I offer my apologies on behalf of all nobles for the grievous attack on your person that happened, I am sure one day the culprit will be found.”

Matthew: “Thank you. What happened was tragic. So what brings you to Oxford, Count Mordaunt?”

Mordaunt:"Well my prince The County of Oxfordshire is a unique one, holding such a fantastic University, one that you yourself are currently studying at.

The Crown Prince’s eyes thoroughly investigated the count’s appearance. Oxfordshire is indeed quite unique. I love the university here, Ser Bourchier had recommended it to my mother during the days he served as Chief Consul.

Mordaunt: "Then the Queen is a very wise woman to choose such a skilled Consul and a unique establishment. However I must ask you a question, what keeps a population in line, what keeps the Peasants happy during the coldest winter?"

Matthew wondered what the count was up to. “I am of the opinion that treating a people well and fairly is a must. Nevertheless, the people also need to fear you to some extend. A good mix of balance is required. I believe the assassination attempt on my live was a result of people not fearing the Crown enough.”

Mordaunt: “I couldn't agree more with your first point, What is it that the Romans said? Bread and Games? Well Gloucestershire is a fertile county, capable of providing the Bread and Games part of that saying. However I only have a certain amount of money, and so I must sadly request an investment into the agricultural production that occurs in Gloucestershire."

Matthew: “I am afraid that I am not serving as Master of Coin at the moment. Last I heard, that position was held by Ximeno Arantxez. Do you know him?”

Mordaunt: “Yes, I do know Mr Arantxez”

Matthew: “Good, good. Let me look through my documents, I believe I have one from the royal treasury about future investments.”
Matthew looks through more than a dozen of documents before finally finding the report from the capital. He then said: “Look, Count Mordaunt, the master of mint has approved some investments in Gloucestershire but this document doesn’t say when the treasury will provide you with these funds.”

Mordaunt: "Thank you for your help in this matter my prince, as the Emperor Vespasian said: A dignissim est potentissima nationis ingenio populorum cibum habeo manducare. I couldn't agree more with that statement at this time."

Matthew: “Oh, you speak some Latin. Friar Bedford, well nowadays Cardinal Bedford, has taught me some Latin when I was younger. Anything else you wanted?”

Matthew: “No my Prince I don't want to waste your time anymore, I see you are busy in administration and Studies"
Mordaunt bows and leaves

As Mordaunt left the room he smiled, the meeting had been a success, his research on the Prince's abilities had not gone to waste. He felt that he had made an impression on the young prince, whether good or bad, it was still better than the Anonymous state he had existed in before. He had also been given news of improvements planned to Gloucestershire. Things were looking good for Mordaunt.

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Moral Standards Act: Yes
Honourable Correspondance Act: Yes
False Accusation Act: Yes))

Lord Clifford,
It was wise of you to seperate these requests, considering the different offices I have to fulfil, but I am sadly not capable of such schizophrenia as to completely deal with them as independent from each other. In fact, the EBC is in no need of further investments, with most of the current agreements running out in around six years. During this time, I wouldn't want to accept further investion - save perhaps into the ERTC. I am therefore willing to sell you the 4% of remaining shares, and you and your current heir would get 4% of EBC shares until his death in exchange for the ERTC shares. What do you say to this proposal?

Respectfully,
Ximeno Arantxez, Master of the Coin, Head of the EBC, Chief Executive of the ERTC

Lord Mordaunt,
I thank you for your offer, but with the current deals still active, I believe no further investment into the EBC is necessary and must therefore decline your offer. As for the ERTC, I await the response of Lord Clifford - it might be that the shares are already sold. Besides, I do not think that my current policies made me many friends in the Castillian government.

With all due respect,
Ximeno Arantxez, Master of the Coin, Head of the EBC, Chief Executive of the ERTC

((Changed my charter a bit to further reflect that I won't accept any investors right now.))

Ximeno couldn't wait to leave London again after giving some general instructions to his new second of the ERTC, Simon Miller. The man had no connections to millers, but instead a good knowledge of Germanic and the trade of the North Sea, where the focus should be. Ximeno had imagined a general distribution of the current trade zones between the companies, with the ERTC serving the English channel and all East of it, while the EBC would be in Western France, Iberia, Ireland, Iceland and whatever might lie West of it - trade with parts of the animals there is very profitable, though risky. For the Portuguese there is an exception, as for Britain proper, which falls under no particular company, but is open for all of them. As Miller goes to work, Arantxez appears at the assembly before taking the next ship South.

The Moral Standards Acts are none of his business, so he doesn't waste a thought for them.
The Sheriff Act... Well, the nobles should now if there are not enough sheriffs... Certainly not him, rarely leaving Bordeaux or London.

But the Cultural and Lingual Integration Act - that is an outrage! That one can even think of proposing such an act - an outrage! *insert lots of Basque swearing*. 'Dream of being English' - pah! He is a Basque, proud of his culture, and a respected and trusted English subject - an important advisor, even! No. Learning and speaking English is a minimum that he has absolutely no problems with. But the rest of the act - that's asking for war. Should that one pass, Ximeno swears, he will bring all civilized people of the world to march upon England, and root out any supporter of this vicious act of arrogance and ignorance and *further Basque cursing*. Anyone supporting this act will not be able to expect any favour from him. Nor from any trade company. Nor from the treasury, as far as he is concerned. For God's sake, even Duke Bourchier chose a local name for his duchy - or can anyone present claim that 'Norour Lendir' is a purely English name? Yet nobody chased him after that decision!
Then, his shouting subsists, and he imagines how they all go to hell. Shortly after, Ximeno calms down, managing to bring his attention to the other acts proposed.

The BSA? Too high a cost for too few gain. Anyone concerned about his safety, may it be a noble or a royal, should deal with it himself.
The Honourable Correspondance Act is a good idea, but not practicable.
Confiscation of Criminal Property is a good measure, as long as the crimes are related. If a merchant murders someone else, he may be executed, but confiscating his assets is excessive punishment. The act would need to be amended later - but it was a law towards the right path.
As for false accusation, that carries severe risks. Too high a risk to be accepted.

((Moral Standards Act: Abstain
Second Moral Standards Act: Abstain
Sheriff Act: Abstain
Cultural and Lingual Integration Act: NO!!!!!!!!!!! (English as a language, yes, but the rest - face the Master of the Coin's wrath)
Honourable Correspondance Act: No
False Accusation Act: No))

Last edited:
((Great colonisation mechanics I am definitely going to be involved.
Can a colonist or explorer ignore the advice and go where it wants?))
((This will be clarified very soon once the mechanic is posted :) Please have some more patience.))