• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
English language act: Yes
Mission: Grand Fleet
Idea Groups: Exploration / Humanist

((to Aleck Morgan and the STC stock holders/members))
The Royal Crown is the largest shareholder of the STC with 25%. Her Majesty votes in favor of letting the EBC operate in Southern France. A country as powerful as England needs multiple trading companies for the good of the English people.

~ Louis du Chastel, Royal Advisor to Elizabeth Talbot

Last edited:
Your Grace,
I propose that we diplomatically insult the French, reminding them that we are the greater power in western Europe.

The English Language Act: Yes
Position of the Grand College London
New Mission: Conquer Atois
Idea Group: Offensive Ideas

Your Grace,
I propose that we diplomatically insult the French, reminding them that we are the greater power in western Europe.
((To Thomas Lloyd))
Commander Lloyd,
The House of Valois unrightfully rules over France, a kingdom to which I have a legitimate claim. Your suggestion is therefore an excellent one. I have James Huntingdon of the Royal Diplomatic Corps write an insult immediately. Although I fear that the French scum is not worth the ink and paper.
~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine and Duchess of Normandy

Position of the Grand College (if the English Language Act passes): London
New Mission: Construct a Grand Fleet
Idea Group: Exploration

- William Benjamin Briggs, Earl of Marches

(Letter to STC members and stock holders)
My colleagues I am worried about allowing this ECB a monopoly in the terms they have offered for 2 reasons.

Firstly on w business standpoint why give up our monopoly for a mere 5% while we Are currently entitled to 100% thanks to her majesty's mandate. If we are to allow the ECB to operate it should be as part of the STC to give us the members and stockholders whom sacrificed there monopoly to gain benefits from what may or may not happen in this risky endeavour.

Secondly why are we allowing a frog to have any influence on one of the crowns trading companies. They are our greatest rivals and should not be trusted to dominate trade in an area of vital interest for all Englishman as such it would be best if we had direct control over the ECB to prevent abuse of any trading rights we give them.

-Bishop Chaffinch

To his eminence Bishop Chaffinch,

I shall be most grateful to meet and discuss the education of the young prince with yourself, we shall come at once to Newcastle. I must make you aware however that Friar Bedford has also expressed a keen interest in filling the gaps that i am unable to fill in young Prince Matthew's education.

I hope this letter gets to you in good stead,
Yours sincerely,
Ser James A. Bourchier, Chief Consul to Crown Prince Matthew.

((@Cheffy hope to do IC, del wants it asap :p. to rest of court, Ser James's children are of age- 12yr old daughter and 10yr old son))

Voting
English Language Act: No
Location of college: London
Mission: Grow Fleet
Idea: Exploration

((To STC members and stockholders))
Bishop Chaffinch,
Tell me, what does a bishop know about trade? No, wait. I tell you: Nothing. Why should we listen the advice you provide on this matter? The EBC is operating in a different theatre and the Crown urges you to reconsider. With a realm growing as fast as the one of Her Majesty, there is room for more than just one trading company. I have personally exchanged a letter with Ximeno Arantxez and the man does not seem to have any bad intentions.
I wonder what you are so afraid of.

Another option is tl keep ghs monopoly but also merchants from the EBC can use tbe ports of Aquataine.I believe we should keep control of the monopoly in South East France whil the EBC can use South West France.However no other merchant s not from other countries can use the ports.I propose we keep South East France mostly for the port in the Mediterrean whixh is very rich in trade.That is only my take on it

Aleck Morgan

Senhor Nogueira,

while I understand your concern about Southern France, I assure you that most of the company's trade is with Iberia. If this monopoly matter won't be resolved, than the profits to make in Iberia are still plenty. I therefore hope you make a quick decision.

Sincerely,
Ximeno Arantxez, Head of the Euskal Biscayan Company

My Lord Walpole,

you honour me with your faith in my abilities. I never expected anyone to renegotiate my terms to the EBC's advantage. The ships will be put to good use.

With most thanks and for a fruitful relationship,

Lord Morgan,

Truly things are going better than I could have hoped. For your twenty ships, I can give you 15% of the profits over the next fifteen years, unless you reconsider your engagement of course. Should your shareholders agree, than I will of course add the promised 5% for the STC as well.

I thank you for your investment and hope for a profitable future,

Damn all that writing. But it will come to use. And if there is one thing Arantxez can motivate himself to work for, than it is money.

((@Cheffy Ximeno's not a Frenchman if you want to say that, but a Basque from Labourd, which is long under English control.:rolleyes:
Unrelated, if the name is so hard to spell I probably should have chosen another cultural background :p.

Votes:
The English Language Act: Abstain
Position of the Grand College (if the English Language Act passes): Newcastle
Idea Group: 1.Exploration
2. Trade))

Dear Sir Walpole,

I may be a little late for this, but I would would like to congratulate you on your recent position.

In other matters, I would like to apologize for any trouble my regent gave you in regards to Cornish troops, I have recovered from my illness and will be more than happy to
engage in combat with any and all enemies of England.

Daniel Hudson, Count of Cornwall

((To STC members and stockholders))
Bishop Chaffinch,
Tell me, what does a bishop know about trade? No, wait. I tell you: Nothing. Why should we listen the advice you provide on this matter? The EBC is operating in a different theatre and the Crown urges you to reconsider. With a realm growing as fast as the one of Her Majesty, there is room for more than just one trading company. I have personally exchanged a letter with Ximeno Arantxez and the man does not seem to have any bad intentions.
I wonder what you are so afraid of.

(Letter to Louis du Chastel)
Mr Chastel we have not been acquainted before so I will give you the benefit of the doubt of your ignorance to my background. But to put it bluntly, you are an imbecile if you believe I have no reason to give my input on things involving the STC.

I am infect a stock holder of the company and therefore make part of the decision by right which you on your own without the Queen can not. Furthermore, to claim I know nothing of trade is frankly ridiculous as I was educated in the merchant Republic of Novgorod itself and I would dare say your experiences there would be drastically less so. To your point on multiple trade companies may I point out that yes more may be created but these should exist in new regions not merely increase competition which negates the whole point of monopolies something I believe you fail to realise.

-Bishop Chaffinch

(Letter to James Bourchier)
Friend, preparations will be made for your parties arrival and please send word of any special requirements needed as it would be a disrespect if I as your host did not meet them.

I look forward to seeing you and the prince.

-Frederick

Crawley had ignored his letters for weeks. It was too much of a bother.

Suddenly, one of his aides barged through the door.

"I told you not to come in here," Crawley said.

"Sire, it is urgent. Rome has appointed you as a cardinal. You must reply."

A cardinal? Surely this must be some sort of joke. He sighed. More work to do...

((Just to make clear, we won't have enough colonial range until tech 7, even with exploration.))

Idea Group: 1. Maritime. We must focus on ruling the seas.
2. Religious
But he is also in favor of (But doesn't vote on) : Aristocratic and Trade

John Walpole, participated in 6 votes

Last edited:
Seeing as the crown is allowing you to operate and not shutting you down (and I even heard Aleck Morgan himself is investing in you), I will also proceed with my investment. I hope you will use the funds wisely and look forward to an update.

Sincerely,

Renato Noguiera

((
New Mission: Conquer Artois ( I don't think we should take Grand Fleet and I'll write an IC below why not, I'll vote Artois cause we'll probably do it anyway and I saw it get another vote)
Idea Group: Quantity/Exploration (I always enjoy diplomatic openers, so you can sink in points quickly and unlock national ideas. Exploration will not benefit us immediately, so I thought of taking another idea group. Unfortunately you cannot choose two diplo ideas in a row and I think it's unwise to wait with Explo till group 3, so I vote explo. Additionally I figured a military group might come in great. While quantity lost the +1 colonist policy, it's still a ridiculously strong idea group. Another advantage is that it is front loaded, with the first two ideas being the strongest military ones in the game and the next two being the best other ideas in the group.)
))

To the Royal Assembly,

These are strange times. I, of a proud shipbuilder's family, find myself before you to urge you to not go ahead and invest into the navy to the extent that has been proposed. As it stands, the English navy is among the finest in the world, if not the strongest already. As can be seen in the latest reports of the crown, we are currently running 11 heavy ships and a budget surplus of +0.58 ducats a month. A simple calculation based on the cost of acquiring and maintaining these ships learns that we will need 450 gold to acquire the ships and they will strain the budget by 3.75 gold a month. It is therefore my opinion, especially considering the fact that we already have a pristine navy, that if we invest into the navy we do it in a more sensible way in stead of immediately doubling the number of heavy ships.

I hope I have convinced some of you to change their vote. If not and this should pass, I look forward to helping build this immense new fleet.

Humbly,

Renato Noguiera

Reactions:
((Just to make clear, we won't have enough colonial range until tech 7, even with exploration.))
((Indeed. If we take exploration ideas as our first idea group then we can only explore and not colonize until we reach dip tech 7.))

((Indeed. If we take exploration ideas as our first idea group then we can only explore and not colonize until we reach dip tech 7.))

((Just want to add that if we take another diplo group first, we'll have to wait till group 3 cause you can not choose the same category if already at least 50% of your idea groups are of that category (diplomacy in this case). Just a reminder :) ))

Reactions:
((Just want to add that if we take another diplo group first, we'll have to wait till group 3 cause you can not choose the same category if already at least 50% of your idea groups are of that category (diplomacy in this case). Just a reminder :) ))
((Good point.
I'd also like to say that, unlike Dreumel, I see no problem in taking exploration ideas as our first idea group. We could send an explorer to explore new land and a conquistador to hunt for the seven cities of gold.))

((Good point.
I'd also like to say that, unlike Dreumel, I see no problem in taking exploration ideas as our first idea group. We could send an explorer to explore new land and a conquistador to hunt for the seven cities of gold.))

((Indeed, at least you'll be ready to go when dip 7 hits. Additonally, diplo ideas are easiest to fill out early and it will of course still unlock our national ideas. A thing to keep in mind. But we don't need to convince anyone I think, looks like it's gonna be explo by quite the landslide ;)))