• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kaeim

Second Lieutenant
45 Badges
Oct 18, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
I was playing as the USA as a noob to the game. Naturally due to its limitations, I couldn't really do much for most of the first years. By the time I had built up a sizable army however (roughly 1944), Germany had succeeded in conquering the entiety of the USSR (and released a load of puppets). At the same time, due to a unhelpful coup in Persia (Iran) Germany crossed through and conquer India/IndoChina. while Japan had conquered nearly all of Africa (bar a few Italian provinces) and had annexed France, Belgium and the Netherlands. All that was left on my side was the entiety of South America (with a few helpful coups by the USA) and Britain. Me, being an noob then, launched a D-Day invasion while the majority of Germany and her Axis allies were in India/Russia. Unfortunately, things didn't go quite as planned and I was forced into various stalemates before being forced to Dunkirk my forces back to Britain.

This was accomplished in 1944.

However, by then I had gathered a few nukes (arbeit with a few helpful nuke cheats). After launching 6 against Germany and Japan, I saw a multitude of new countries rise up against the Axis after huge partisan activity that virtually saw most of German-occupied Russia and India rise up, cutting off German supply lines and the majority of its forces. It was there that the Dutch/Belgium countries rebelled under a Radical-Left flag (I forget its name) and succeeded in taking over German-France (not Vichy France) and North Germany. Partisans had succeeded in taking over Berlin and existed in Partisan empire that stretched from Berlin to the Urals while Germany held south Germany backed up by its Axis allies. Having once had an IC of over 1000, they were now stripped to 80 IC while Hitler had committed suicide.

Unfortunately for me, Japan didn't suffer a huge setback as Germany had. Although the majority of its African territories were lost, it still apparently had a huge force in China (which had been conquered with the help of Germany and then split up between its various warlords) as well as its huge navy and an IC of around 400.

Unfortunately, it was at this point that the game it had enough and began to create several bugs which rendered my save game unusuable :mad:

However, I would like to point out that all this took place in 1944 and had the game not cut out on me, I would have simply watched what would have happened rather than directly intervene.

And that's the strangest thing that's ever happened to me while playing this game using the World in Flames mod. Can anyone beat that?