• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
Coming soon. Who knows when, but the game is ready to be played.

I hope I intrigued you, now pray I´ll finish my Mongolian one (you know I´m an AAR spammer!) :)

I'm hoping this is about your 'Greater Latvia' idea, in one of my threads? :D

It´s a Baltic Union, not Greater Latvia, although I already spoiled the idea :sad:

Nevermind, yes, it is that idea :) I like to brag too much I suppose.

This time it's Latvian time to shine, Lithuanians already had their moments! ;)
Ikarases, anything you need from history about Latvia, feel free to message me, I know quite a lot :D

Will this be BU (Baltic Union :D ) vs SU or will you have your own plans

Honestly, I don´t know myself :D Let´s hope I´ll finish Mongolia first...

Another Lithuanian WC game!?! well go for it and hope for lots of expeditionary corps from your allies :)

Not Lithuania, Baltic Union! :p You´ll find out soon enough how it´s going to turn out :)

This time it's Latvian time to shine, Lithuanians already had their moments! ;)
Ikarases, anything you need from history about Latvia, feel free to message me, I know quite a lot :D

Well, I´m planning to do this AAR quite narrative and you know how is it going to end up. Thanks for trying to help, but you would get spoiled updates, and that´s not something you want, don´t you? :p

The capital is in Vilnius, right? after the great Baltic Union beat the Polish invaders! or its in kounsas(?) the vanilla Lithuanian (temporary) capital. Were you also defeat the poles. or no capital.......... that'd couse less disputes.

Good luck with that.

I have tried what you are planning with my Estonia game with HPP mod. I managed to join axis, then when Soviet annexation of Baltics event fired, I triggered Soviet-German war in 1939. I managed to hold them off ( SU, Latvia and Lithuania who joined him) while when Germans were fighting to me, then take Riga nad Leningrad for myself and that's where game is right now. But all that was with SF game, where I could lower neutrality, real pain in the arse, not to mention the manpower problems.

The capital is in Vilnius, right? after the great Baltic Union beat the Polish invaders! or its in kounsas(?) the vanilla Lithuanian (temporary) capital. Were you also defeat the poles. or no capital.......... that'd couse less disputes.

I don´t want to spoil anything, since your question basically is "Are you going to fight Poles?". We´ll see later on :)

Good luck with that.

I have tried what you are planning with my Estonia game with HPP mod. I managed to join axis, then when Soviet annexation of Baltics event fired, I triggered Soviet-German war in 1939. I managed to hold them off ( SU, Latvia and Lithuania who joined him) while when Germans were fighting to me, then take Riga nad Leningrad for myself and that's where game is right now. But all that was with SF game, where I could lower neutrality, real pain in the arse, not to mention the manpower problems.

Well, I guess BU has to join one side or the other. I can´t imagine BU in the Allies! :D As for the neutrality, I can still raise threat on SU and that should cause the neutrality drops like a brick. Anything else is beyond me right now, I´m just speculating anyway :)

All I'm asking you, Ikarases, please don't join the Comintern! Haha, then this AAR would be lovely, and can't wait for it to start! ;)

I don't understand how this thread is an AAR, and why it is in this section. Even if placeholders are not against forum rules, I am sure that they are against netiquette.

I don't understand how this thread is an AAR, and why it is in this section. Even if placeholders are not against forum rules, I am sure that they are against netiquette.

You´re right, I´d better start ASAP. I don´t want a thread with discussion four pages long before I´ll post chapter one. I´m now not sure either, why I started this thread before the real AAR itself. Good point, I´ll do something about it! :)

Sounds interesting, subscribed!

Thanks!

P.S. The Introduction chapter is currently being worked on, but now I´m going to visit my grandma. Writing narrative AARs is quite complicated, nevertheless I hope the update will be out tonight :)

Alright hombre, you've got my attention. Good idea, good writAAR, I'll be following your progress.

You´re right, I´d better start ASAP. I don´t want a thread with discussion four pages long before I´ll post chapter one. I´m now not sure either, why I started this thread before the real AAR itself. Good point, I´ll do something about it! :)

Go, go, go !!!!

Subscribed of course, but I am little worried about that your mongolian AAR has barely started and you are already planning next AAR.

So do I. I´ve got a new computer after I returned from the ski course and the old one is now occupied by my older brother who doesn´t want to give it up (he has better headphones and, most importantly, better mouse) and there is a problem transferring the savegame (together with the whole folder) without messing up something in the files. I´ve enough material to make like 5 chapters, but the lack of motivation is the biggest barrier here. Maybe it´s because I tend to lose it fairly quickly, maybe because of the gameplay, maybe because HoI runs quite slowly there, I don´t know. I´ll try to do my best and at least to put up the material I have to end it with dignity, instead of letting it die...