• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Naval War: Arctic Circle has reached the end of its development, and patches or DLC
for the title will no longer be produced under the Paradox Interactive brand.

We are aware that a few users are unable to play the game at all, and we ask that
with such problems to please contact us through paradox.zendesk.com to discuss
a solution for issues that arise. Please note, we will focus on cases involving game
breaking issues (i.e. being unable to complete the campaigns) due to technical
problems. Smaller issues that render a certain scenario unplayable because
of unexpected behavior (i.e. spawning 15 carriers and launching all airplanes
at the same time, thus causing memory crashes) will take a backseat to the
aforementioned game breaking issues. We will, of course, review any complaints
sent to us.

When contacting us through zendesk, please describe the issue and how it is
triggered (along with possible error messages), a screenshot of Naval War Arctic Circle in your steam library along with your description of the issue. Please also send your Steam user name (the name you login to steam with, NOT your password) and we will get back to you.

Thank you for sticking with us for this game and we apologize to those who, as of
yet, have been unable to play it. We hope that all the people who played Naval War:
Arctic Circle did (and do) enjoy it.

Best Regards,
Paradox Interactive and Turbo Tape games

Last edited by a moderator:
Depressing. Could have been the next Harpoon, instead becomes abandonware. Oh well, I hope that GC Blue fares better. Seems like modern naval warfare is too niche, Harppon 4 never saw the light of day and we're still playing ANW even though it was a DOS effort. Sad but true.

thanks for the reaction bjornb.

unfortunately it isnt enough for me. I'd like the people of TTG to get back up on the forum here and respond themselves to the issues we have. more then enough people have complained in the bug forum and have not been listened to. also, the 15 carriers and a crash scenario was meant as a way of quickly replicating the issues we had, because TTG claimed they could never reproduce them on their own systems. Personally the game can crash on several of the scenario missions such as the ragnarok scenario, or any other where masses of missiles are launched.
i also dont really understand why we should use this zendesk, for any other game paradox staff use the bug forums which this game also has.

i have also given up on this game until this crash issue is fixed and a save game is added.

Looks like Paradox cut these guys loose. After their total failure to deliver aworking game this is no surprise.

nope...

(what's a snipe hunt or is that a noobish question?)

Basically if a co-worker asks you to go and get a left-handed screw-driver, you've been sent on one.

And yeah, this post pretty much just tells you that they've stopped patching this game, so the freezing issue is not going to be dealt with.

Turbo Tape - I'm sorry, but you guys just straight-up suck. You released a product that clearly wasn't finished. You then ignored all the complaints coming from the community about it. When questions were asked about why nothing was being done, you abandoned the forum. The only time we heard from you after that was when developers occasionally dropped in to give us the reasons why some of them had believed they were unavailable to work on the game - never mind that more than one person works on this game and that the reasons given did not explain no work being done on this game for such a long period. I have no way of knowing whether developers were not available to work on the game because of family tragedy, but I can say that I have heard the same story from other people who turned out to have been lying through their teeth, and that the way in which they have treated their customers gives me every reason to doubt this story.

The final insult was the releasing of a DLC with less content than the average reasonably-sized patch for a Paradox game - remember, some people foolishly still trusted you and actually paid for it. Never mind that you never explained why the game lacked a save feature, they just thought it was a design feature - but they thought you'd add one in the DLC because that would be the decent thing to do.

Frankly, I do not believe I will ever buy another of your products even as part of a collection. I would hate the thought that even a bit of my money would end up in your undeserving pockets.

Last edited:
Very disappointing. I had such high hopes for this being a long time fan of "Harpoon 2", then "H3-ANW" and "Jane's Fleet Commander". For me it's failed on so many levels it still rates as an Alpha state sate game design.

Too bad.

Thank you very much, Bjorn. In last few months you were the only person interested in contact with players.
The message I read between the lines is "I will not be able to properly play that game at all", as I'm in this "minority" that's unable to play without freezing or uncontrollable jumping of time compression. TBH: when I did a poll amongst players which wanted to play multiplayer - only 4 people confirmed they don't have big problems with the game, of which 2 said they don't have problems at all. The other two problems include: reduced framerate (even to 2-3 FPS! - and he still didn't say that's a major problem) and temporary lockup that was resolving itself after few minutes (minutes!). Counting players on this forum it means I was able to find only few that claiming flawless and smooth gameplay. Hardly "majority".
One more thing: "spawning 15 carriers and launching all airplanes at the same time, thus causing memory crashes". With all due respect - I think you trying to give an example of my simple steps to repro the freezing bug. If you don't mind I want to straighten it up. It had nothing to do with spawning 15 carriers and launching all airplanes. Please read it carefully. Steps to reproduce the bug where to create a group of 10+ carriers, selecting from each of them just a group of six planes (not all as you trying to over exaggerate) and order them to launch. It was just to save time of running the test as you don't need to wait 15-20 minutes to launch all planes from one aircraft carrier. You can easily reproduce it with just two carriers, ordering them to launch their planes. Then select those planes with drag and just right click on the map. Boom! Frozen stiff.
What you wrote, though, gives me the message that the test was indeed reproduced during the active development phase by Paradox or TTG studio employee, which means that the bug is known, reproduceable and no action was taken to solve it. Which gives me a clear picture of customer service. Thank you very much, Bjorn. You just saved me a lot of time that I wanted to spend documenting and sending to zendesk every and each single bug I encountered during playing this "game", which made it unplayable.

I just wish you a good luck with future enterprises.

kind regards,

Jacek (niripas)

ok, one last try. Ive emailed turbotape and every member of its development team. I am hoping to get a reply.

Ive sent messages to them via 13 different methods of contact.

Last edited: