• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ive posted this in sekinoss USA thread, but i think you will be interested too:

Ive had some problems using sekinoss´s USA SS and CA sprites at the same time. One of them looks bad coloured and ive noticed that both of them use a pallete file called def19.bmp, i think thats the problem: they have two different palletes named the same way so when you install both of them the last one overwrites the previous pallete so the first sprite installed uses the other pallete and looks awful.:(

If thats the problem, simply renaming the palletes will solve that, won´t it?

Originally posted by N!ghtY
Vulture,
do i see this right?
This for example uses usa-sprites for Greece ?

Yes... But the USA uses the classic MIN sprites ;) So no harm. MIN is for the MINOR REST OF THE WORLD countries anyways :D

And the Greeks, if they used tanks, used almost solely USA tanks

I just d/l both of the level two fighter sprites for Germany, and it appears that they do not work. I sucessfully installed the level 1 and level 3 sprites, along with several other sprites for ground forces. I get a message saying that I am missing a file in the palette directory with a name similar to T-FIGHTER C-GER L-2.bmp (Not sure if that was the exact name). Anyone else have problems getting these sprites to work? (ger_fi2_do335.exe and ger_fi2_fw190.exe, I did not install both of these files at the same time BTW. For each one I started with a clean GFX folder)

Originally posted by DeathwisH
I just d/l both of the level two fighter sprites for Germany, and it appears that they do not work. I sucessfully installed the level 1 and level 3 sprites, along with several other sprites for ground forces. I get a message saying that I am missing a file in the palette directory with a name similar to T-FIGHTER C-GER L-2.bmp (Not sure if that was the exact name). Anyone else have problems getting these sprites to work? (ger_fi2_do335.exe and ger_fi2_fw190.exe, I did not install both of these files at the same time BTW. For each one I started with a clean GFX folder)

Maybe that´s the cause, i posted this a few days ago:

Nighty, in your installation file for the GER L3 fighter there is a ...A-FIGHT....L2 file . L2 instead of L3, bug?

I think that simply renaming this file will fix the problem.

A similar thing happens with SOV L1 (Yak) and L2 (La5n) fighters. I think the problem is that NewU365 released at first La5n as L1 fighter and made it L2 when he released Yak for L1. Maybe Nighty has the first La5n that was L1 as well as Yak?¿:confused: .

I first installed them with the original zip files released by New365 and worked perfectly.

Originally posted by Vulture
As you might have figured out, in country.csv is specified that the USA uses its own sprites. However, when you go into the sprite folder, you see that USA has no unique tank sprites. This is the reason why the USA ALWAYS has the same tank sprite. So copying and renaming the MIN sprites solves that :)

It isn't just that. I tried making new references and copying the bmp files for all the countries namely using their own sprite sets without having all of them (ie. USA, Italy, USSR, France), but it didn't help. It seems to me that the game it self isn't set up to use more than one plane sprite level. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nachinus
No, no, the game uses more than one sprite level. I used NewU365 sprites for the 3 levels of SOV fighter and they worked perfectly.

Then I really must have missed something. I tried the trick with both the default sprites and some new ones, but the only working one was the lvl 1 sprite (biplane). :(

I will test it myself if i have time. I think it´s only question to copy and rename the MIN .spr files to USA or the country you want, not need to rename the .bmp or the palette, because the unit will use the .bmp and pallete files stated in the .spr, but i´m not sure.

Be sure to update the unit model enough, p.e from a light tank model to a medium tank model, because many of the earlier models still use L1 sprite. Unfortunatelly i don´t know exactly how much you have to update each unit type to reach the next sprite.:confused: :(

Originally posted by nachinus
I will test it myself if i have time. I think it´s only question to copy and rename the MIN .spr files to USA or the country you want, not need to rename the .bmp or the palette, because the unit will use the .bmp and pallete files stated in the .spr, but i´m not sure.

Well I did just this, and double-checked everything so everything should be right afaik. I used the model test scenario that has models of many different type and level, but all I could see was biplanes (I even built a few advanced fighters). So what's wrong? :confused:

I found the reason why the fix didn't work. I was using the moddir structure, and apparently it doesn't work with gfx's. Anyway, the sprite fix is now included in my unit mod, and all countries have fully working plane sprites for all three levels. :D

Hi N!ghty, I downloaded your sprite zip and unzipped as told to HOI directory, but when starting the game, I get this database mismatch;

"Palette 'GFX\palette\DEF5.BMP not found"

I can ignore it and it doesn't seem to cause crashes, I have checked the file and DEF5 is missing in the palette folder.

Any idea to fix this?

This is with the spritepack ?
The DEF5.bmp is the M26 Pershing, maybe reinstall!

A STONY ROAD
sig_spacer_hor_20.gif
The Sprite Archive
sig_spacer_hor_20.gif
The CORE project