• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Exel said:
The download is back available again and should work fine. I had removed in when I was banned :mad: and forgot to put it back up. Thanks to anti_strunt for notifying me on the matter.

I still plan to release one final version of the pack including a few new sprites sometime in the near future, but can't give you any date. It might be days, weeks or it might not happen at all. :/

Toast your glasses gentlement, Exel is back!

Hurrah! And welcome back sir, youve been sorely missed! :D

Last edited:
Welcome back Excel!

Welcome back indeed!

I did download your sprite pack and thus far no issues. The only "bugs" if you will that I've noted with any packs (I say any cause I know ya'll have work in various packages), was in the Stoney Road sprites. And of those I only saw two. One was the British fighter. Level 2 I BELIEVE was the one. It was the outline of a fighter but it was purple or sort of a fuscia color. :confused:

Not sure what happened there. The only other one was when I merged a level 1 USA fighter with a level 1 USA dive bomber. Got a big yellow X. :confused:

Otherwise the sprites all round thus far have been excellent! I will advise if/when I notice any further problems. Welcome back though gents... tis good to see some life on this side of the board! :)

Good to have you back! In spite of some opinions, I trusted your version of the story and it seems I had good reasons! *you beat the system*

Exel, I was a fool... how did I ever doubt you?

Do the sprites work with 1.06?

deathsai said:
Do the sprites work with 1.06?

As of yet, no idea. No one's come forward to say it works without a hitch in combination with the new patch.

Best place to donwloand sprites is from stonyroad forums. Just search it with google. When you get into stonyroad go to downloads and d'load spritepack. You have to register though...

The Stony Road pack includes many sprites that are even of a worse quality than the default HoI sprites and sprites that are simply sub-par with each other (some have perspective, some don't, other have completely different view angle...). So I wouldn't recommend it - which is actually the reason why I once compiled this pack.

Anyhow, I have been unable to fix the buggy sprites, either due to lack of time, tools or simply because I don't know what's wrong with them. Apparently some of the sprites appear fine for others while being buggy for others. I'd recommend replacing any broken sprites with some other sprite from the Stony Road archives. You can download all the sprites individually, no need to install the full pack. Either that or just delete the broken sprite (both .bmp and .spr files) in which case the HoI default sprite is used.

But if you can name the exacts sprites that are broken to me, I might just have another look at them.