• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know this is an ancient thread, but I just discovered it...

You forget to even mention the elephant in the room concerning a Confederacy scenario, SLAVERY!!! At best the mythical CSA would have had an ultra apartheid gov't and a fourth of its population PRAYING for its demise plus at least passively resisting anything the planter elite government attempted...

Beyond that, the CSA would have had practically no industry, being essentially a raw materials colony of Britain. Thus they would enter 1936 with no air force beyond what they could buy, no motorized sector and therefore a horsedrawn army, and a wretched navy like the one they could afford in the Civil War. Also the entire idea of the CSA was supposedly "states rights" and those independent states would each have had their own local militias and fiercely fought a "national" army-navy-air force. Essentially you would have had a Poland in the South, a nation where the individual soldiers might be brave as hell but charged tanks with lances and shot at P-38s with shotguns...

As a fan of the Confederacy I believe you give this mythical CSA much more strength than what would have beenthe case. At best it would have been a backwards semi-feudal collection of states where a third of the population despised their government and the states fiercely fought losing the slightest bit of power to the weak federal governmnet.

In essence the CSA would have been an absolute pushover in 1941...

All this said, I would like to put together a reasonable scenario for Semper Fi...

Please please please post a working link of this mod or contact me and send a copy via email. I used this mod like a year ago and loved it, but steam deleted it accidentally. This is literally the only reason I play HOI2