• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Leibstandarte, the Liebesstandarte you better keep between yourself and your wife.
I trust you implicitly, but you'll have to explain the nuance of that comment. Google translate rarely does well outside literalisms.

Reactions:
I trust you implicitly, but you'll have to explain the nuance of that comment. Google translate rarely does well outside literalisms.

Andre, one way to say it shortly, what happens in your bedroom, should stay in your bedroom only;)

To not torture Andre any further:

Liebe = love
Leib = body
Thank you.

But I have had enough ‘lost in translation’ moments with my European friends dropping malpropisms in English I find it funny rather than torture. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Anglo speakers garbling Nazi terms is my favorite cringe.

"Hitler desired Russia as Liebestraum and therefore sent his Schmutzwaffel"
The funny thing, when you enter 'schmutzwaffel' (even I can reason out 'dirty waffel') into Google Translate it comes back Schutzstaffel.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1637323049573.png

• 2Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Italy was among the least anti-Semitic states during the early of Mussolini’s rule. Il Duce even made it very clear, his aversion to anti-Semitism while declaring that there was no Jewish question, neither the idea of biological racism, which was promoted by the German Nazi Party.

However, during his dictatorship, Mussolini drastically changed his concern about the Jewish people. From 1938 onward, the Italian government, under Mussolini, began to legislate and enforce anti-Semitic regulations.
Probably because by that point Italy became increasingly in the pocket of Germany and Germany had regained their status equal to France and the UK.