• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey ES, been awhile since I checked in. Love the Police, pretty funny stuff as usual.

I have decided to keep a small pause from writing AARs now. This is to regain my lust for doing it and gaining new ideas, my muse has left me with relatively little inspiration as it is.

My brief pause will propably last for a month or so at most.

(yes, this pause is largely influenced with the stream of great new mods and games I have just received or refound from my old shelves. EB 1.0, Deus Vult, my newfound love towards Heroes III and IV, Deus lo Vult for M2TW, Civilization II...Not to forget school and my filmcourse-project with my friends)

Adios for a while.

Lord E: The war went indeed very nicely and rich new areas were added to Yemen. Ali is also a worthy ruler for Yemen. Maybe Qara's deeds will be revenged soon?

grayghost: Good to see you again. Still dancing "Y.M.C.A" at your job? ;)

I chose pretty bad timing for my pause as you just returned.

Sing to the tune of "Anna" by Trio

Faraj, Faraj
Ooooh, Faraj

Ali, Ali
Ooooh, Ali

Jabal, Jabal
Ooooh, Jabal

Shammar, Shammar
Ooooh, Shammar

Battle, battle
Ooooh, battle

jabalshammarintappelu.jpg

Flank the rear, charge the front

Mamluks, Mamluks
Ooooh, Mamluks

Destroyed, destroyed
Ooooh, destroyed

Fully, fully
Ooooh, fully

yemenversusmamluksyeee.jpg

Yemen won, Mamluks lost
Yemen won, Mamluks lost
Yemen won, Mamluks lost

Aha, dadaa
Yemen, Yemen
Didum, didum, didum
Yemen, Yemen
Didum, didum, didum
Yemen, Yemen
Didum, didum, didum

Yemen won, Mamluks lost
Yemen won, Mamluks lost
Yemen won, Mamluks lost

Beirut, Beirut
Ooooh, Beirut

Asir, Asir
Ooooh, Asir

Hawran, Hawran
Ooooh, Hawran

mamluksooohyeees.jpg

Give me land, give me gold

newareasofyemenoohyau.jpg

Last edited:
The link is now updated and working again. Apparently the uploader of the real video of "Anna" somehow got banned very quickly after I posted my update and the video went down with it. I made a quick replacement video. The song is now the German version which practically only means that the chorus is in German, otherway it is very similar.

I have lately been really intrigued by this band, Trio. Their style is taking music into it's most basic form with extremely simple drums and quitar riff. I am really amazed how they are able to make it work. I especially love the drummer, according to Wikipedia article he used to drum singlehandedly and eat an apple with his other arm. In this video he works the bassdrum with his foot. And the face is always the same. A shame they don't have more songs available on YouTube, I have already used "Da Da Da" and I only know of "Boom Boom" besides that and "Anna".

So naturally I had to take my chances and try to make a song with only few lousy lines to work with. And believe me, it is a lot easier to relyric into a story form when you have more lyrics to work with. But I find that a very succesful piece myself. Just with the sheer basicness of it.

Last edited:
Okay, that was silly but fun, which is the name of the game. :)

Good to see a new update.

Yemen still marches forward to victory I see, wonderful. It is always good when you can destroy your evil neighbours and especially when they are the evil Mamluks ;)

Nice work!

Catchy. Gimme land, Maluks, gimme land1

Sing to the tune of "Jocko Homo" by Devo

It's been a while
Almost a year
Been a fun ride
Writing songs here
One more song
And this AAR will die

you-make-bunny-cry.jpg

Are we now done
Oh yes, we are
Are we now done
Oh, we are

IT71_CVisioneerDocumentsSadWhtFCln.jpg

One flaw in save
Could ruin my game
I know, it's lame
Still problem's same

sad.jpg

Are we now done
Oh yes, we are
Are we now done
Oh, we are
Are we now done
Oh yes, we are

sad_dog_by_anapires.jpg

KISS is dead
Trilogy's dad
The quitting spreads
Oh, I'm so sad

320px-SMirC-sad.svg.png

Are we now done
Oh yes, we are
Are we now done
Oh, we are
Are we now done
Oh yes, we are
Are we now done
Oh, we are

sad-clown.jpg

Are we now done
Oh yes, we are
Are we now done
Oh yes, we are
Are we now done
Oh yes, we are
Are we now done
Oh yes, we are
Now we are done
Oh yes, we are
Now we are done
Oh yes, we are
Now we are done
Oh yes, we are
Now we are done
Oh yes, we are
Now we are done
Oh yes, we are
Now we are done

rip.gif

Okay, good bye

R.I.P The Sound Of AARabia - A MusicAAR About Something (13.02.07 - 15.11.07 (or 02.13.07 - 11.15.07))

You were the older and more succesful son of the KISS - AARmy. You brought fame and made your father proud with your achievements. You were a good AAR and we all will miss you. Rest in peace in the AAR- - heaven, The Sound of AARabia. :(

Long story short: the flagship of my Trilogy, the Medieval KISS - AARmy is suffering from a corrupted save or something that ruined the campaign and after I did everything I could to save it, I decided to call it a day and end the AAR. And since it was my dearest creation of all, I decided to spread the quitting spree to my two other AARs aswell. If you are going to end an AAR, do it with enough of a magnitude and style, I say. ;)

I am really sad I have to do this. Just ended my pause and relyricing was as much fun as I first started and I was really enjoying myself with these. :(

grayghost: Weren't this whole AAR silly even as an idea?

(but yes, Trio has that certain sillyness I love about them)

Lord E: Yemen ain't be marching to victories anymore. :(

I did have the most thrilling war with Qara Kouynlu though. It lasted for about 20 years and the battlelines were going back and forth. At first the Qaran superior manpower pushed me back (they invaded me right after the end of Mamluk war) but I managed to push them back with the help of many mercenaries I bought with my trade gold and then Ottomans and Timurids joined the fun and invaded the Qaras and I was able to take control of over half of Qaran territory (including capital) but the Ottoman and Timurids peacing out and increasing revolts at my homeland that forced me to pull a 1/3th of my forces back made me lose that ground and I was eventually forced to a white peace in order to save me from rebel hordes.

Stupid stubborn Qaras who didn't cave into my demands when I was winning. :mad:

Snake IV: :p

Simplicity is beauty. :cool:

JimboIX: Now here we see a man with a good music taste!

Sorry to hear that your save game was corrupted, but this kind of things happens now and then and there is little we can do about it. Still it was a great story while it lasted, good work. Hope to see you start a new one soon :)