• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is England going to take Gibralta? Give the AI an atlas, see if they go for St. Helena, Bermuda and the Falklands next :D

Looks like you are going ot end up with a fairly disparate empire.

bosnia casus is, i guess, a known issue
if you're not the leader in the war, AI won't accept any offers from you no matter how high the war score or how bad its war capacity is; it'll wait for the leader's offer instead and in most cases you'll be left empty-handed; sorry
there's a workaround this, or it seems to me so, but risky; you need to dow the target's ally who you're not at war with (than you can pretty soon expect a reasonable peace offer), if it's not possible or not wise, i wouldn't engage in the conflict: more trouble than its worth

or is it only me, iagining things:confused:

Winner:
As time goes on I will be picking more money-making NI’s but without QftNW or explorers, at this point I really didn’t see the need for colony NI's. After all, I can only see those few provinces I showed in the first pic of the previous update so I hadn’t planned on building a big colonial empire which meant colonial NI’s held less value for me.

Once you develop your first colony into a city, the neigbouring Terra Incognita provinces get discovered automatically, so you can expand your colonial empire from the few provinces you explored. In any case, if you want Mass Colonization & Exploration, you need 4 prerequisite NIs - and I believe that some of them are related to trade, so you can follow both goals at the same time.

But since you've already played the game, I am wasting our time here, right? :D

Mexico isn’t conquered in most games? Well that’s disappointing but if its still there when I’m able to see it, I’ll take a look at it.

In my games, Spain usually sucks - I really don't know why, they start out well, but then they get dragged into decades of social unrest, civil wars etc. - which pretty much stops their colonization effort. On the other hand, Portugal is doing fine, usually (I wonder why... ;) ).

In my games, Spain usually sucks - I really don't know why, they start out well, but then they get dragged into decades of social unrest, civil wars etc. - which pretty much stops their colonization effort. On the other hand, Portugal is doing fine, usually (I wonder why... ;) ).

Basically, because Spain has to deal with the american natives while Portugal only has to colonize without ever meeting anyone. :)

Its solved for MMP2.

good to know
but also, england and france quite often just stop their colonisation effort at some point, despite haing all that it takes :confused:

do they make place for sweden and denmark, which with 0 (well denmark has viceroys) colonisation ideas reach not only canada but also west africa:mad:

on a side note, will we ever see netherlands (form and colonise)? MMP2?

on a side note, will we ever see netherlands (form and colonise)? MMP2?

I've seen the Netherlands in some of my MM games, and they usually had some colonies in Africa and parts of America.

Enewald: I’m expanding wherever I can at the moment. If it can get me ducats (as a one time payment or as vassals) or manpower, I’m in for the war. I’m so desperate for manpower and money that I’m willing to border big nations like Lithuania, Spain and England. To answer your question, my next target is the next place I find exploitable weakness.

rapidem: That would be nice, wouldn’t it. Before the decade let out the war ended without land changing hands.

stnylan
: I’m an opportunist in this game, expanding wherever I can. Instead of "opportunist" the better term may be "Scavenger."

Azugal: It wasn’t so bad because I wasn’t losing manpower due to my good king who was in the Bosnian army and I was able to take war taxes. But coming away empty-handed never does much for me when I need to expand.

theFreeman: For now I’m going to use them for what little cash they bring and their manpower. Depending if I build solid bases in those specific areas will decide whether or not I keep them. I never see many AARs where the writer sells his provinces but I never have a problem with it if the province becomes useless to me.

gabor: I know, if I were Bosnia I’d do the same thing. Hold out for the leader. I was thinking if I was able to get down there that I would’ve been able to sneak something away. That didn’t happen and all that resulted was lost time and the soldier’s sore feet.

Winner: Not wasting. :) I’m still learning things here and there so its good to know/be reminded of some of these MM things. There’s probably a few silent people reading who appreciate the explanation too.

To all: Tune in next time when Ubik saves Christmas. ;)

No update this weekend so the next update will be my 50 year update on Monday.

Last edited:
In the first two years I moved a slider +1 centralization as I watched England DoW Granada again. They must want southern Spain pretty bad.

2pyrmdi.jpg

and a new leader came along: Admin 6 Mil 7 Dip 8

29zqyhv.jpg

Whenever I receive new leaders I always go through my list of possible policy changes and I found the “Institute the Societas Jesu” which I enacted if only for the government tech since I won’t be able to use those missionaries effectively for a while (assuming) and my relations with the Papal States hasn’t dropped noticeably for decades. I don’t foresee troubles.

2133o11.jpg

1543 and I noticed Algiers was a part of the Ottoman Empire and my colony in Nunavik had finally become self-sustaining! Alright, no more colonies for a while. So expensive. :) I’m going to try to get inflation down to 4.0 and if I remember right, I can drop to -.06.

23ogzt.jpg

By late 1544 England had annexed Granada, taking Granada. Spain owns Gibraltar and I, Almeria. This means there’s no more Muslims to pick on since they all have level two forts and they all have more manpower than I’m willing to commit.

nve0lc.jpg

Here’s something I found interesting. In 1545 I discovered an automatic fort in Nunavik. At first I thought this was an MM thing because workshops are so expensive but I’m now having thoughts that it may be due to my defensive slider.

zn8ocx.jpg

22 December 1545 Poland DoW’d TO. I didn’t bother sending troops because Poland’s soldiers would’ve arrived before me. But I will take war taxes. The Order would become Polish vassals early 1547.

zv7xht.jpg

Before 1547 happened, the Western Isles decided to go Reformed. This is something that I cannot tolerate. They’re going to have to change their beliefs.

fl9bpi.jpg

Mid-1547 Riga also decided to go Reformed. I guess these guys don’t realize that Reformed is evil and the only true faith is the faith of their leader.

As time went on I was becoming exceptionally bored due to all the guarantees everyone had with each other. In taking Poland, Muscovy and France I had assumed they would have the strength to not care so much about guarantees as other countries. In order to free up space in my alliance slot, hoping for an Italian alliance, I canceled my alliance with Muscovy.

I’ll do what I can to make the next gameplay update a little more exciting. As I mentioned in a previous update, when I get bored I do strange things.

Nah, you don't want to give the challenge of stamping out heresy to the Jesuits. I mean, look what happened irl? Give it to the Dominicans, much more reliable :)

More seriously, could you give some idea of the spread of Protestantism/Reformed throughout Europe?

Reformed Christianity is SUCH a pain in the ass. Protestants are easy to convert back and they're not so annoying once the Reformation is over. The Reformed just never give up and bother you all the time.

In one of my games, my goal was to eradicate Reformed religion from the face of the Earth :D

Here’s something I found interesting. In 1545 I discovered an automatic fort in Nunavik. At first I thought this was an MM thing because workshops are so expensive but I’m now having thoughts that it may be due to my defensive slider.

It is an MM thing, it is in the manual. All new provinces will have lvl 1 fort. I think it is a good design so if some reformed heretics pop up in your colony they don't instantly capture it and cause a hell of trouble,

demokratickid: I wish that button existed :)

Enewald: Anything that keeps me close to the Papal States.

stnylan: I don’t have the religion pics until later but when religious events happen to me or when the P.S. wants me to cut ties with a nation due to religion, I’ll show those. My first religion shots of Europe/America as a whole are in 1750.

Azugal: Someone knows me well.

Winner: I think trying to smother any religion in MM is a pain, but in a good way. :) I really like how its harder to remove some of these religions because how it was in vanilla was just too easy.

Did you complete your goal? ;)

brucedecatz: Thanks for the info. I wasn’t totally sure but its good to know.

r0xvfc.jpg

25rimvo.jpg

With careful steps I was able to remove about .6 off my inflation over the course of 50 years. With the colony becoming self-sustaining early in the 1540's I was really able cut into inflation.
25jjnnn.jpg

2vvjmo0.jpg

14o0f7q.jpg

Next 50 year update I’ll begin including Ireland only world maps along with the world map containing the rest of the countries as seen above.

Seems like Portugal (S Am and one in Africa) and France (Canada) have made a decent start at colonising. And is that England I see around Conneticut (I think that's where it is) and Spain in the Caribbean (definitely them in S Am)?

I honestly can't remember if this has been covered or not, but is there any point in setting up some trade? Seems it could be a huge boost to your economy at this point, and the brief read of the MM manual that I had made it seem that keeping a small amount of merchants in CoTs was perhaps easier than in vanilla IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.